Moon Mineral Distribution Update

Contract me your stuff before you go. In Jita.

I still mine in an Orca and hulk these days too, if I am mining Merc. Not worth bringing the Rorq out for that.

I personally donā€™t believe CCP are trying to kill mining.

But instead kill BOTā€™s and reduce the number of Rorq fleets,to open minjng up for newer players and to rebalance the mining industry.

As many know if Rorq fleets are in system and you canā€™t fly one you basically have no chance against them.

As i see the moon mining update it will make it a specialized mooning operation for reaction materials and the proposed blue print changes (yet to be give detail on)
It forces miners to look at belts and ore anomalies as a source for common ores.

As far as we know there could be a huge rebalance of ore amounts in these to sources, once the dry period has been completed.

Yes it would be great if CCP fleshed out the next couple of updates with more information. Maybe thatā€™s what everyone should be pushing for, then that info could add context to the current update. Even if its only the current rough concept of these future updates.

Youā€™re right. I have never understood why moons produced both ore and moon goo.

You and many other people in this thread keep touting ore anomalies as a good source for ore but forget to consider the massive nerf they received in December. These are no longer a good source of ore and should not be suggested as one.

It also may surprising you to know that nullsec was the first group to say mining rorquals were stupid, but CCP pushed forward with them anyways. You wont see any tears shed by me if they stop being good mining ships, but donā€™t act like nullsec asked for these.

And of course we should be pushing CCP to be more communicative, which is something that has been said for years, but this times it even worse. They have said they are intentionally not telling the community what is coming. So just like suggesting we suggest they buff anomalies to compensate, telling CCP they should communicate more on this is also shout into the void. Neither things are on accident or ignorance. Both decision were deliberately made.

2 Likes

Yes, because youā€™ll get what the ore will be worth when you refine it. Right now itā€™s just an object named [ORE TYPE]. When it gets refined, the code will check the table for what [ORE TYPE] refines into. The unique identifier for the ore is not changing in the gameā€™s data tables.

And you keep forgetting that in a few updates time CCP has stated they WILL be doing a rebalance of all ore allocations.

So yes the ore anomalies were nerfed, but that was before the Rorq and current moon updates.

We have to wait and see how the ore rebalance comes out in the ore rebalance update.

But in the meantime belts and anomalies are the only current options other than scraping pvp kills for common ore.

We have the following;
Moon ore rebalance (current)
Ore dry period (coming)
Ore rebalance (coming to you later)

That would be surprising yes, because all there was was a lot of tears about how good the buffs needed to be to make up for having to take an expensive ship out of the safety of a POS shield to boost.

The screams about that were deafening.

You better made moon goo compressible !!

this is also my fear

1 Like

I feel for miners and producers and the uncertainty this update creates.

I really wish CCP would go back to either 2 or 4 major updates per year and forget all these little annoying monthly updates. Test them, get feedback, pump and promote and release the updates properly, like back in the old days, when EvE was successful with 50-60k online.

4 Likes

Lots of people here keep telling me this is so profitable. CCP seems to think so too, and will now reduce that by a wide (still unknown) margin. And apparently, in practice, removing the option to compress moon ore, and in effect, the possibility to move the ore to a trade hub. And impose a period of shortages and uncertainty, until a ā€œlater dateā€.

I guess they have the data, but my data, from a few months of Orca mining in 0.5, is that the total ISK Iā€™ve made per hour is very comparable to ratting, or mission running. Before the news about this change drove the compressed ore prices up, I likely made even less ISK. Soā€¦ whatā€™s the problem?

Is the problem still Rorquals, still botting? If the larger groups, like in null, can mass produce minerals and spam out Titans, and thatā€™s the problem here, change that then, instead of using a broad brush that will also affect the little guys, the newbros trying to get ahead. But it seems to me that every change, every update and new feature, makes it even harder for them to exist and compete.

I meanā€¦ invasions in starter systems, what were you thinking? Then higher trade taxes and fees. The list goes onā€¦ Then CCP wonders why so few newer player go Omega. Well, let me tell you whyā€¦ Itā€™s probably not the due to the New Player Experience or the Tutorial.

Anyway, so long moon mining, at least for now, and thanks for all the fish. Iā€™ll pack that up, as will most everyone else I guess. Mining isnā€™t really that fun to begin with anyway, now is it.

5 Likes

Who in their right mind will want to mine moons if there is no real reward though? All this will do is create massive shortages of the ā€œexpectedā€ moon goo when the BPOā€™s get changed. Everyone might be scrambling for the goo but there will be little to find because most people will pack up their athanors and stop moon mining altogether. Two of my mates have 14 athanors running between them and they arenā€™t at all happy and as soon as thier latest rocks pop, thatā€™s it, no more athanors! as it will be pointless keeping them all running at 120-130m a week when there is no proper ore to mine.

3 Likes

Yes they will change.

2 Likes

this change is beyond dumb asf

1 Like

Dam you ! Y told my secret to whole eve community! I barely mine anymore anyway, rating from null gives me plenty minerals xD

Since it going to change again in the future. I want to know when it goes into effect and how long it going to lastā€¦all the whining before the end is just blowing a lot of hot air.

1 Like

Same thing was said about trig conduit sites and salvage, but today you find fleets out mining trig conduits and fleets farming trig wreaks.

As noted once blue prints require moon goo, moon miners will control a part of manufacturing or blue printer development, depending on where CCP applies this requirement.

Everytime someone says thereā€™s no need to mine or harvest something, someone else figures out you can and turns a profit from doing so.

Shows how bad some players knee jerk, a influx of Rorq characters up for saleā€¦

Got to love some players reactions.

Thereā€™s nothing like a good ole Lose-Lose modification to run off your players, CCP. Perhaps they will call a suicide hotline and feel better - then leave the game alone.

2 Likes