More dynamic logistics ships (faction logi)

I’ll bet what he ment was more along the lines of

Using anything T3 for normal fleet operations is just over kill, high risk, little to no reward and did any one bring up expensive. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

you can make a working logi tengu for 500mill that’s well within the range of a lot of fleet basi fits

like wanda said they do indeed scale with bling (definetly a lot better than T2 logi) but they don’t need to be. you will see a lot of bling fits because the bling fits are worth while not because they are mandatory.

1 Like

If you want a logi wing, bring dedicated logi, that’s exactly what they are for. If you need something unique or specially tailored, the current T3’s are a wonderful palette.

Apples & Oranges… they’re both fruit… but different…

I could get behind this. Though they would be kind of niche, I think Guristas super rep drones could be fun, and I’ve designed fleets that looked like they would work great except for the lack of high speed afterburner logi.

you mean like 100mn loki?

with the addition of the Triglavs and their “1 weapon mount + utility” we may see something in the future. unless they scrap all those smartbomb, neut/nos and logistic bonuses they want to implement on them.

there’s already some faction logi at the capital range with the Loggerhead and Dagon, just have to be patient until CCP figures out subcap versions of those trends.

I would say if the gurista’s had a logi ship , I think it should get a repair drone bonus and repair drone control range bonus plus extra drone bay storage , The advantage would be that the reps would not be lost due to range as the drones will be hugging the target , neuts would not be able to affect this sort of logi.

Disadvantage
Drones can be destroyed , time delay for assigning the drones to the target , possibility of losing logi power by emergency warps and losing drones .

Interesting idea

1 Like

I quite like the super logi drone idea. One or two drones with a big hp and rep boost.

It’s resistant to smart bombs but easier to tackle, jam and kill.

1 Like

pretty much:

-Gurista logi subcap -> 2 powerfull shield logi drones, fairly good remote shield boost amount and tank from the main vessel

-Blood Raider logi subcap -> best remote armor RPS due to shorter cycles, it also has the utility of the heavy neuting bonuses.

-Serpentis logi subcap -> best remote armor repping amount, it also has the web bonus from the other ships or a bonus to webbing drones.

-Angel logi subcap -> best remote shield boost RPS, has the high agility of the other angel vessels. perhaps a bonus for remote sensor boosting

-Sansha logi subcap -> best remote shield boost amount, has the same afterburner bonus from other sansha ships on top of an energy transfer bonus (?)

-SoE logi subcap -> Nestor, allthought its not an actually dedicated logi.

-Mordus logi subcap -> longest range for remote shield boosters, possibly the same warp disruption/scram bonuses from the other hulls

-Triglavian Collective -> we dont know yet, but they are armor ships, and seems they are mostly cycle or range bonuses for logistics.

1 Like

The main issue with this idea is how you’ve clearly had to pigeon hole ships into a role to make this work. Logi boats with serp webs are obviously going to be weird half assed logi that are under powered compared to their peers.

Maybe not every one has to be logi. Maybe pirate recons that can either cloak or don’t show on d-scan. Or angel ships with tackling bonuses. This is spitballing mind you.

You did a great job with some, but others feel very forced…

• Guristas: Logi drone bonus and decent/average main ship work well indeed
  • Blood Raiders: Good rep, bad cap, NOS bonus and can drain regardless of cap (so need to drain to rep, inverse of cap chain)
  • Serpentis: great rep amount, bad range. Maybe web resistance?
  • Angel: Keep the speed boosts, rep cycle time, amount and falloff bonus
  • Sansha: Afterburner, standard rep bonus, keep amarr style cap chain
  • SoE: Rep and resistance bonus, small bonus to drone logi
  • Mordus: range bonus. Maybe built in stab?
  • Triglavians: already build in the normal line: Fit logi without sacrificing dps

Your fitting is probably bad.

Why do you disregard the t1 logi frigates and cruisers? They are a bit different than the t2 logi but not worse.

OP, reading through the thread, there is a sense that what you want in new pirate logi ships, is exactly the same logi capability as now, but with added faction flavour.

So, now + additional bonuses.

That in itself isn’t variety, it’s more akin to power creep.

To have variety including bonuses not currently present in the dedicated logistics range, these ships would need to be less than existing logistics ships, but then make up that gap in a specific area, through whatever faction bonus they get, to be slightly stronger in one area.

That’s a good description of what the T3C do.

As a logi pilot myself, I see that as a hell of a lot of dev work, for an area of the game that everyone loves and hates at the same time; and which as a specific support function, is already on par with the number of options that other support functions in fleet have.

Not against the idea, just not for it either based on what is currently explained in the thread.

Well, to be fair, pirate cruisers are very much cruisers +1 and it is probably an understatement to say they compete with HACs for best combat cruisers. Now we wouldn’t want yet another pirate >> T2 situation, but comparable (~equal but different)? Better in some circumstances? That could be interesting. Sure, T3 cruisers also do logi differently, but not in ways similar to what is suggested above.

Is it necessary? Of course not. At this point, there are no “necessary” addition to EVE. Could it be cool to have different flavours of logi cruisers? Of course it would be.

No comment:

2 Likes

So, better and less specialized pirate logi than T2 is a go? :smiley:

1 Like

Why the Amarr/Caldari cap chain. You can get a Phantasm near cap stable with a large gist x-type and still dish out decent dps.
Hell you can do that with all the Sanaha ships

1 Like

Honestly, don’t know :stuck_out_tongue: I think it’s a cool feature and should be kept for some of the ships. Sanshas being a splinter amarr faction seemed to make sense. And for BR (the other splinter), they have their own perverted version.

Also, that the other ships can be cap stable while firing lasers has little bearing on a new ship’s ability to be cap stable while running a bunch of remote reps. And isn’t the nightmare flown with cap chains too? TVP actually has their nightmares with cap and remote rep transfers, for example.

Actually, could probably keep the cap chain for Mordus as well, thinking about it. They are Caldari splinters and don’t really have much that applies easily to logi (unlike guristas, which by using drones have their own way of avoiding cap issues, much like BR)

A Nightmare on her own can shoot lazors all day long until the next downtime but those incursion Sanshas do all kinds of overpowered stuff and one incursion Nightmare has more neut power than 20 bhaalgorns together.

1 Like