Multiple Accounts the good and bad for eve

Don’t be ridiculous.

It’s not a case of entitled but-
Have you tried moving a capital without an alt?
Have you tried moving several hundred million in m3 of assets with a single char?

The question is, why not use alts for these things? It gives ccp more money, and all risk/reward is maintained. And each alt is exponentially harder to control.

This is the status quo. It’s on you come up with reasons why this should change. Of which there are no good reasons.

That’s likely the reason why gameplay changes towards less alts usage are of no priority. The one single change to mitigate the cyno problem would be to allow people to directly jump to a citadel’s tether range. People are doing that anyway using their alts. To make it equal risk, you could use some spool-up time for the cyno beacon.

Playing a citadel cyno bunny is not an appealing gameplay.

Multibox baits best baits. No , seriously, have you ever been in a wh blop fleet? You need rollers, fuel trucks, loot trucks. How are you going to convince on of you fleet mate to stay 3 hours in it’s roller battleship to wait for the return of the fleet? In the fuel truck? That’s why we use alts. You haven’t played 15% of the game yet so wait a little before claiming multiboxing is killing the game.

9 toons all of which are doing PI which all goes toward plexing those 3 accounts. So that I can PvP and not have to carebear so much. If you do have to carebear, such as mining, it is nice to have a second account to be in a miasmos (starting out ofc) to pick up your ore while the other just stays mining, or if ratting, the second can salvage.

Then the PvP side of things, it’s advised to have a scout alt with a cloak so you can see content coming and be prepared.

Neither is hauling to most people. But that provides a necessary time sink and risk/reward.

I’d say the same thing for scouts and people providing warp in points. But these are necessary because of local and gate travel mechanics.

Sitting getting locates from agents is not good gameplay and completely inaccessible to those without alts. You cannot keep up with a fleeing player AND stop at a locator agent to get an update with a single char.

The game was not set-up this way. Most mechanics mentioned were designed without the idea of alts. But we have adapted to become more efficient players. Maybe there would be a way to change these to not require alts, it’s difficult to imagine because the game would be so different to what it is now. And ultimately should we change it? I don’t think so.

Honest question to those who don’t like alts;

‘What is your main playstyle?’

Cause i suspect it’s missing some some of the things i mentioned above.

There are a lot of haulers for rent in New Eden. I never got a package undelivered.

Scouts are totally optional, and warp-ins are for fleet gameplay anyway.

You perfectly can in empire space, and it’s cool gameplay btw, those who followed me around while hunting Abyss runners know. Don’t argue with me on that topic, I’m quite experienced here. :stuck_out_tongue:

You think they are people’s only characters doing that?

You haven’t hunted during a wardec then.

Questioning your experience everywhere.

You cannot stop for 10 minutes at a time and follow a moving target. This goes doubly so when you don’t have standings in the area you are hunting in.

So what’s your main gameplay?

Good: CCP gets more money and we get to have a better experience in whatever we choose.

Bad: There are tons of bad things but most of those things, if not all, can be done by someone with only 1 toon but would be a boring experience for a lot of it including afk cloaky camping which is the cancer of Eve imo.

I used to do mainly solo frigate PvP. That is perfectly viable without alts.

However, I do agree with you that alts make it so much more convenient for most activities in eve.

I’ll still continue on my single account though. Especially now, since I cannot commit too much time to the game, so I just do some random casual stuff here and there. No need for alts doing that.

Some I know do enjoy the life of a space trucker form time to time. Sometimes I deliver packages too (only expensive ones, and tricky deliveries). You don’t need alts for that.

Nope. But wardecs are irrelevant, if you are in an NPC corp.

Asking an agent on the fly takes maybe 2-3min. I have good standing with all empire factions, so there is no lack of nearby agents.

Solo and fleet PvP, DED/relic sites, events, manufacturing, market trading, arguing on the forum, and whatever floats my boat, even mining … all with only one char. I have a second char for banking my ISK, that’s all.

The limit is, what strictly requires a second char … suicide ganking, capitals, wardecs.

Key word: SOME.

No ■■■■.

It takes more than three minutes to get a reply from a level 4 agent. And how wonderful for you. Not everyone does. Does that mean hunting players should require high standings in all areas of space? Or can we just let people use alts rather than force them to grind shitty gameplay with all four empires?

Like i thought, you don’t understand the necessity for alts because of your playstyle.

Lol, yes, 4min (for region wide query), but I don’t stay docked … instead head forward along my route to the next waypoint/agent towards the target’s last location. The different agents supply me with a consecutive list of (time delayed) locations while traveling. In practice it doesn’t need that much queries like it sounds.

Solo hunting with locators does. If you want to use an alt, you are free to do so, but don’t tell me it’s necessary … it’s not.

I perfectly understand the necessity of alts for certain things, and put some effort into my setup, to be able to not require one for my playstyle. That’s a difference.

You can’t catch a moving target like that. You are relying on your target to stop or be afk hauling in a freighter or something.

That leaves out a lot of targets, especially ones that know they are being hunted

If your target knows that it is being hunted you did something wrong.

Most people I know that get heavy involved in an online game have multiple accounts. For Eve multiple accounts is almost required beyond the casual player. The trust no one vibe in Eve makes it even more likely to get multi boxers.

I personally don’t think it’s good or bad for the game. Just personal preference.

The core problem is, it’s impossible to stop. No point in debating something that can’t be stopped. Yes you can stop legitimate users multiboxing, but as long as your “roommate” can play next to you on a laptop you’ll never stop it. CCP is just smart and caters to those that wish to do it while making additional revenue.

It’s not always even about trust.
Sometime it’s about convenience or practicality.

How much does one charge to do 4-6 hours of short-term ore ferrying on a near daily basis?
How much does one charge to JUST nurse someone else’s market orders in just one region?
How many (and how much) to cover all the relevant hubs?

What is the availability of my trusty scout?
Hope it’s 23.5 - 7, cause I might have a wonky work schedule - or I don’t want to create a pattern for others to see.
Which one of we crazy pilots ONLY does PI?

And of course each of these hires… can very well steal us blind, so while it isn’t always about just trust… trust is always a factor.

–Trust Gadget

What dumbassery is this?
Wardecs give you 24 hour notice…

Tipa, just stop. You don’t get it because you don’t actually hunt specific players with locator agents. That is obvious.