Munching of Turnur Star has Begun

Diplomatic and Market Turmoil Across New Eden Following Activation of Turnur Stellar Transmuter

[…]

• Fears of Activations of Egmar and Vard Transmuters Causes Paralysis and Chaos on Egmar VI and Vard VII
  • Panic Spreads on Inhabited Worlds of Egmar and Vard as Continued Amarr Control of Systems Blocks Efforts to Leave

[…]

These things tend to happen when you shake hands with those still holding swords. That we stabbed first this time is indeed a blessing; Lord knows Shakor and Yun would do so first if there was an opening.

Were it only hostile words exchanged, I daresay Lord Consort Newelle (and others besides) would give more credence to your commentary; this once will your actions align with your rhetoric? Or are we to expect you in further combined operations with Electus Matari against the supporting infrastructure of the Crusade?

1 Like

I am very concerned by the Empire’s actions in Turnur. It is unlike the Amarr to act, so it seems, without foresight or careful planning.

I cannot answer for the legality of this untried stellar technology. But does anyone doubt that the signatories of the War Powers Act did not have this kind of resource exploitation in mind when the ink was wet?

3 Likes

No, which is why I recognize this as a betrayal of the apparent spirit of the Act to create a playact foreverwar that defused the tensions of post-Elder Fleet New Eden while causing no lasting harm to the four signatories. “For it is only in the garden of a just and truthful society, watered by well measured faith, that we may cultivate the spirit of the people.”

However, the escalation has been deemed necessary and fitting by my betters, so I carry out the orders. I wish it had not come to this, but I have fought this war for far too long and wish it to end. If this expedites that end, then so be it.

If you and others wish this to cease, then the weaker party must sue for peace. I can only pray now.

Pardon my frankness, but what is this hypocrisy, Lord Shutaq? If you or I truly believed that we were warriors in a play-act war, we should immediately lay down our arms and attend to more important matters. It is precisely because the lives of billions are affected that we fight.

1 Like

In an ideal universe, I’d say we were expecting honorable behavior, maybe reciprocity.

In this one, though? We were expecting basically this. But just because you expect people to be ungrateful, dishonorable, awful human beings who zip right past ‘wallowing’ and on to ‘reveling’ in their evil… well, even expecting all that doesn’t mean you don’t still call it out when it happens.

1 Like

Oh, this is a real war now. Both of ours. They started it, now we must finish it.

BWAAAAAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

2 Likes

When one finds truth in Naup’s ramblings, one should probably seek psychiatric help.

You see? This is why we cannot have peace. They never recognized our conflict was over when the Yulai Accords were signed. They never recognized the Rebellion as over. Now that the Empire engages on equal understanding, they try to hide behind those treaties they seethe in private and public about.

Just come out and fight. I am tired of talking.

That’s a stretch, even for you Arrendis. I know you know how to logic. I think you should apply that here and not make assumptions about a particular persons motivations.

As far as I’m concerned, the Amarr will backstab the first chance they get. They will veil their cowardly act behind pitiful excuses of, “but it’s the reclamation, God said so.”

The State made allies with them, so I tolerate them. But I’m not going to jump into the sack with them.

1 Like

Have for the past several years at least more pertained to undermining the efforts of those attached to the crusade; it would be utter lunacy to consider the very real disrespect you allude to, to be the primary transgression, when Khimi Harar have attempted to destroy infrastructure within the rebel provinces alongside Electus Matari.

2 Likes

I’m making no assumptions. The Empire’s leaders have been brazen and triumphalist regarding this latest violation of the Yulai treaty’s technological-parity requirements. I’m simply taking them at their word.

2 Likes

Breaking this into its own reply so as not to conflate reactions to the core point with my addendum:

I am, however, still laughing in Aldrith’s face over literally the poster boy for Arrach Sarum’s ‘Amarr Capsuleers embarassed me, so countless dirtside baseliners must pay the price’ campaign in Flos whining about ‘But mooooooom! They started it!’

I’m not familiar with the Flossawin conflict. I know it got pretty heated there and iirc, the Minmatar Republic pushed the Amarrians out of their territory, and they never really got over it?

I’m assuming Aldy didn’t present his best face given the amusing quote you posted. Do tell me more. I’m and curious. From the top, if you want or have the time.

Gladly, young one, when I have time. It will be an earful, so I hope you do not squirm during the story.

Amarr and Minmatar capsuleers got caught engaging in a side-deal to not attack one another’s staging systems, and to actively prevent others on their side from doing so. Arrach Sarum reacted to this blatant disloyalty in his military circuit… by having his representative declare a Planet-wide Reclaiming on people who had nothing to do with it. One which Aldrith threw himself into with eager glee, all the while tossing about pro forma statements about how terrible it was that the Minmatar forced him to go killing completely uninvolved baseliners.

1 Like

I have delivered 100 Slavers to the station over Turner II in the hopes of assisting these Minmatar “Scattered and Hidden Nomad Miner Populations” off the planet…in chains!

Speaking reveling in evil, @Ax_l_Thorne