My first question on the new forums!

Moons and POS mechanics needed to be replaced more than bounty mechanics. The legacy Code involved was preventing further advancement in Eve and also MANY times more people use POS than would ever use bounty hunting. I agree they need to finish what they start, but theres some aspects of Eve remaining that are more important to fix. Corp and alliance mechanics for instance.
One day I hope to see bounty hunting as a viable career, but you said it yourself, they have to look at the bigger picture, and as far as I’m concerned, that’s what they’ve done and that’s why moons and structure were done now instead of later.

1 Like

thats why its kind of a double edged sword, i do understand why moon mining and POS’s needed to be replaced. i’m not discounting that. but honestly there seems to be a pattern of unfinished stuff. they never got to find out if a lot of people would have been walking around the stations had they finished it. so the justification of canning it was “no ones using it” which is true, never knowing what COULD have been. same with bounty hunting. hell it could be one of the greatest mechanics of the game. and being a mercenary would be so much easier had they a better mechanic of bounty hunting. until they actually give it a shot they will never know how popular it could be. and believe me with all the posts comments and new players going “i wish bounty hunting was a thing” and even almost every reply being “it would be awesome if it was” its a safe bet to say it would be mighty popular.

1 Like

As to walking in stations it was never going to work with the engine they were using. (As we now know, though I’m sure they would not have used that engine had they known that) I agree with you on the rest though.

i’m glad someone does haha

1 Like

No, it’s not. That’s the thing you’re missing. It is a mechanic deliberately allowed by CCP, and it is also not a big deal or a reason the game is dying before you throw those gems out too.

Something becomes an exploit, when CCP officially announce it as such and not before. You do not decide what is and is not an exploit.

1 Like

Ganking is not an exploit. You’re dead wrong there. Certain Gankers in the past have made use of exploits, and been banned for it. But ganking itself is operating within the intended rules for High sec. Concord is not intended to stop aggression, only punish it. Gankers plan around that, not exploit it.

2 Likes

Well… they are “exploiting” how dumb Concord is. It’s predictable and guided by a few scripts, no dynamic AI.
One would imagine after x amount of ships getting ganked on a gate or specific belt they would leave at least a frigate or two and a cruiser there. Maybe hunt criminals like the sleeper boss does.

Technically the players being ganked are the ones who should gang up and hunt, as no AI or script will be as good as a player (for now), but there is a reason why they are in hs (inability or lack of will to use voice comms, intel channels, proper fits etc.) so my expectations are limited.

Your assumption is wrong which is why you think it’s an exploit. Let me pass on a direct line a dev used at edu. Why would we program different response times for concord if we didn’t intend for players to utilize them.

2 Likes

All you’ve done is demonstrate you don’t understand why Concord is what it is.

Yeah sorry I spent 2 weeks in HS in my whole eve career, I’ll leave HS topics to the professionals.

1 Like

Don’t understand how you post your first question thread in GD as I’m still banned from making a thread…despite having posted a few posts on the new forum and having played for close to 2 years and having posted a lot on the previous forum.

Because git gud, that’s why :wink:

Not sure what you are talking about OP. I get a lot of bounty money from killing criminal miners who happen to have bounties on their heads.

Maybe you are just afraid tu use the highsec game mecanics the way they are intended to be used. As Dom already said: get gud!

4 Likes

TBF the bounty system is better than it was before. ‘People’ Used to abuse the ■■■■ out of it to make more isk :grin:

1 Like

Oh man it was so baaaaaaaaad. Amusingly a TON of people don’t even know it changed.

Reply a lot and like a lot. Go to the like and get likes thread, spam some likes and you’ll be there in no time. I got it on the first day. Doesnt take too much.

I don’t use other forums unless we are invading them;)

1 Like

What other forums, is there a world outside C&P ??!?

1 Like

only when we need to assert dominance

1 Like

so i guess it was too ******* much for ccp to put this crap to rest.