Native Mac Client Playtest - General Feedback

Hey. Just curious? Do you use the high DPI setting in the launcher preferences? (I think that is where it is at)

And those guys at Parallels are pretty smart for work around and fixes for poor QA/Development of OS features.

The playtest has now come to an end.

A huge thank you to everyone who has provided feedback. We have gathered a significant amount of data, both from the forum and bug reports. More than we expected at this stage!

There won’t be much new news for a while, as we’ll be acting on the data we’ve gathered here and continuing the normal development of the Native Mac Client. We may have another playtest in the future, so keep an eye on our normal places: News Articles, Forum, Email and social media :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I was not aware of that High DPI option in the launcher. Tried but did not make a difference, though since this is at the launcher level, not sure the Mac client is currently taking this into account. But thanks for pointing this out.

sad to see the old client on singularity again :frowning: . looking forward to the next playtest!

1 Like

Hi CCP Caffeine,

Done through the in-game bug report tool.

Thanks again for this work.

1 Like

EasyRes from the AppStore works well too and this is probably lighter than installing Parallels…

Hi again. We are currently investigating this issue. Did you manage to file a bug report? We’re trying to reproduce this and it would really help us.
If you did, could you let me know the EBR number? If not, would you mind either filing one now from the same machine, or sharing your system spec with me.
Thank you :slight_smile:

@CCP_Caffeine Hey, question. When the NMC-TEST was completed, wasn’t the file suppose to be deleted or did I miss a step or do I have bad memory from the blog?

Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 7.49.51 PM

Hi

The plan was to delete this folder in either the next launcher update, or after the next playtest. Did you download the entire client? That’s much bigger than I’ve usually seen.

You can safely delete it manually now if you’d like. It is entirely self-contained and has no impact on your normal EVE installation.

Thank you - yeah I believe I downloaded The whole thing - and have since deleted it. My M1 pro was only about 6 gigs and I have deleted that as well.

Plus - after some tinkering I figured out how to get the Touch Bar to auto a twitch to F-keys with the test app. :partying_face:

is there any update on when the native client is going to be released?

EVE Online to go native on macOS!

Follow that thread for updates.

Information for the second playtest is now avaliable:

1 Like