Native Mac Client Playtest - Known Issues

Can’t join fleets either through fleet finder or direct invites.

1 Like

Thanks - this one is listed in the second post and I believe is already fixed internally :slight_smile:

very nice
thank you everyone for your hard work

I’m running OS X 10.15.7 on a 2020 MBP (16 GB RAM, 2.0 GHz Quad Core Intel CPU. I’ve updated to the latest launcher and Singularity is still launching in the Wine client.

1 Like

have an issue, black screen am after auth and choosing the toon,
using mac os i heard about native and you guys did not mention i supposed to make anything from my end related, it just was down from yesterday then after installing done stuck on that black screen,

Another thing it running the file as an exe file which is so weird not showing wine version not native version

Hmmm, that’s a bit weird. Can you please confirm the launcher version? How did you check that the Wine client did start? Is your launcher installation in any way different to a standard install?

I don’t know if I have the same problem as @Kai-Alon_Deninard, but when I run the game on SiSi the name of the game app is “Exefile” (when running TQ it’s called “Wine”) and it shows as an exe in the dock (the icon like a terminal window). From what I recall yesterday I thought I was running the native app and it had an actual Eve logo in the dock.

The game version is showing as 13.05.1893215
Launcher version is 1892908

Launcher version: 1894555. (Edit: that version is for TQ. Apparently when I switch to Singularity, a new launcher version shows up: 1893215)

I know its Wine because the application name in the menu bar says “Wine” and because when I quit, the crashcatcher dialog shows up as it customarily does with the Win32 look.

As far as I know, there is nothing special about my launcher install.

How can I send you a crash report? It’s too big to paste into this forum.

File a bug report via support.eveonline.com.

1 Like

If you open two clients at the same time in window mode, you cannot even change the resolution. The button is disabled.

Hi all,

some irregularities I found while playing the Mac client:

Ship explosions are boxy,
Hull effects like armor hardening or repairing give odd effects when zooming out a bit,
The capsule has a double engine flare in Stargate transit,
Upwell structures traits tabs are empty.

I cannot join fleets in any way, be it a direct invite or clicking join fleet via an advert.

Please fix.

you can’t change in window mode anyway… it even states that in windowed mode, you cannot change resolution, it picks the best resolution that it can use.

have you tried since yesterday? Someone else got fleet working just fine.

It’s not the even the useable resolution at all.

what are you seeing? I’m able to open 2 clients at the same time in windowed mode and change each of their resolutions independently.

I can run 2 clients as well at 2 different resolutions. M1 mac mini base model

First of all, when I open the client I got a double size of my screen.
Second, even my one client now that I can’t change the resolution as well.

Here’s my OS information:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
2.6 GHz 6 core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Macintosh HD
Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Terrible performance - causes the system to freeze entirely.
Weird flashes of green and white color with text while frozen
Completely out of whack scaling/resolution
Game runs in an “Exefile” window, as opposed to an Eve Online icon in the previous rollout.

Here are my specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB and Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB