Native Mac Client Playtest - Known Issues

Hi all,

some irregularities I found while playing the Mac client:

Ship explosions are boxy,
Hull effects like armor hardening or repairing give odd effects when zooming out a bit,
The capsule has a double engine flare in Stargate transit,
Upwell structures traits tabs are empty.

I cannot join fleets in any way, be it a direct invite or clicking join fleet via an advert.

Please fix.

you can’t change in window mode anyway… it even states that in windowed mode, you cannot change resolution, it picks the best resolution that it can use.

have you tried since yesterday? Someone else got fleet working just fine.

It’s not the even the useable resolution at all.

what are you seeing? I’m able to open 2 clients at the same time in windowed mode and change each of their resolutions independently.

I can run 2 clients as well at 2 different resolutions. M1 mac mini base model

First of all, when I open the client I got a double size of my screen.
Second, even my one client now that I can’t change the resolution as well.

Here’s my OS information:
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
2.6 GHz 6 core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Macintosh HD
Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Terrible performance - causes the system to freeze entirely.
Weird flashes of green and white color with text while frozen
Completely out of whack scaling/resolution
Game runs in an “Exefile” window, as opposed to an Eve Online icon in the previous rollout.

Here are my specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB and Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

To set to full screen can make the resolution changeable.
But if “command + tab” for a while, the resolution return to the default.

Eden what version of macOS are you running?

Twice now I’ve left the client running and come back later to a mac that won’t wake up. I get a black screen with the colorful beachball of doom, which will spin slowly or stop spinning if I click on the screen anywhere. I have to completely shut off my mac by holding down the power button and then I can power back on.

M1 MacMini base configuration.

Currently, windowed mode does not allow setting the resolution setting it to the max possible. I am pretty certain the current Wine client does allow this and I play with reduced resolution in a full size window. Scaling the UI is only partly helping. I am quite confident I could run the game with quite high graphic settings if the resolution is not maxed out. I prefer windowed mode as full screen does not allow another window in top of the client. Thus you may miss if something joins you on grid. For the record in full screen mode with reduced resolution the game is running smooth at all graphics settings set high.

Hi,

if i run a client in windows mode and move it form my main 27 inch Imax monitor to my secodary monitor the resolution and fontsize changes. this make the ui / Fonts much to small if you start the client on a screen with less resolution and move it over to the main screen.

But:

The client looks good, the second account starts quick and locks much more performant than the wine one.

Keep goning, this makes it easier for me to think about an Apple silicon Mac.

Hello!

Just tested, looks like its running on wine as always.

I’d say the performance is worse than before.

How can I make sure that EvE is running natively?

thanks!

Hi there. Could you tell me the Launcher version you are running? It will show in the title bar of the application.

Hello Caffeine!

I’m running version: 1892908.

My laptop:

Macbook Pro (2015)
2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB Ram

Hi. It really should be seamless. Make sure the launcher is installed as an application (and not being mounted / run from the downloads folder for example), and that you have switched to Singularity in the bottom right. It should then download the client.
Could you provide a screenshot if this doesn’t work, so I can confirm everything looks correct?

Hello!

The client is working, but when i click on launch, the game launches an “exefile”.

Arent “exe” files exclusive to windows? Doesn’t this means that the game is running under wine?

Cheers