Need for Speed Contest - How fast can you go?

I meant crazy like “insane in the membrane” and “you need to spend more time with your wife and… you forgot you had kids!!?” kind of crazy. Maybe this competition is CCP’s attempt to deplete the mutaplasmid market just to show up on the leaderboard :crazy_face:

1 Like

So basically its a competition as to who can spend the most.

Woo.

Actually, trend detected. Tracking it from here on.

5 Likes

I didn’t use any enchanted modules. All the modules on my 2 fits are from the left side of the fitting simulator as they are.

The mirror on Singularity is but a few days old and the price tag that the simulator shows is the estimate that would have been shown in Kor-Azor Prime in the Lai Dai station.

However, I will not buy a high-grade snake set on tranquility to win this.

If absolutely necessary, I will link the fit and everyone can check it out.

1 Like

“Something something…the rich get richer…”

1 Like

Doesn’t this mean the people in the right wormholes have a much higher chance of winning?

I wouldn’t say they have a “higher” chance of winning because there isn’t really any point in playing without some environmental effect.

Not sure if it’s c6 blackhole or dark matter/tachyon cloud (I think this one is probably going to be fatal waaaaaaaay before you top out your speed).

Without environmentals, mutaplasmids, or links the best I’ve done is ~32687 (32,670 realized before the mwd burnt) base.
77,764 with C6 BH and links up (paper).
94,634 with the addition of mutas (paper and comical rolls ofc).

Thing is, everything up to the mutas can just be taken as a given. Anyone can get the c6 blackhole bonus, anyone can get their hands on a link ship, HG snakes, QZ, Zor’s, and SB9 are all obvious necessities, and there’s ultimately a factually fastest fit (not saying mine is it, just that it unambiguously exists).

Your only variables are:

-Mutaplasmids - You can sacrifice enough money to RNGesus, either personally or by proxy, to gain His favor
-Heat damage pulses - You’re probably not going to hit top speed before you burn your prop and an extra mwd pulse or two will alter the final number
-Tachyon/DM Vs C6 blackhole - I don’t care enough to test this one myself, I’d assume the black hole wins in practice.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, which ship did you use?

It’s a claw.

Digital booster, not an A-type. Muta can obviously raise the propulsion directly some but it will also let you drop an MAPC for another overdrive with a good enough grid roll.

2 Likes

Ninety Four kilometers per second? :open_mouth:

How long does it take to get up to that speed??

A sweet. Just like the Crusader, which is a close second. I edited my post with the picture with my Crusader fit.

The Punisher I linked is a 2 year old fit that I use on Singularity for making bookmarks.

Experience tells me that it takes longer than 2 minutes to accelerate to full speed and that one can never reach the overheated full speed because the mwd burns out before you reach that speed because it takes too long to reach full speed.

The Punisher fit if someone wants it. It’s even cheaper now:

[Punisher, Punisher speed 1.2]
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II
Overdrive Injector System II
Micro Auxiliary Power Core II

50MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery

Small Auxiliary Thrusters II
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Ancillary Current Router II

High-grade Snake Gamma x1
High-grade Snake Delta x1
High-grade Snake Epsilon x1
High-grade Snake Omega x1
Agency ‘Overclocker’ SB9 Dose IV x1
High-grade Snake Alpha x1
Zor’s Custom Navigation Hyper-Link x1
Quafe Zero x1
High-grade Snake Beta x1

Well the implants, pills and such are not required and the battery makes it cap stable, so you have all the time you want to accelerate to full.

I’ll take a couple of lines :dizzy:

Oh, oops… :cold_face: :hot_face:

1 Like

This would have been more fun if they had made it have a spend limit and you could use quirks of the environment.

Cart Derby > Formula One

You can still use the environment for things like black holes or abyssal ‘yeet’ clouds. It’s just that things like sunbounces would have nothing to do with the ships themselves.

I dont see the logic, but then I dont get the idea of this so, objection withdrawn, I guess

I would just rather take part in something that tested something other than a wallet and a simulator screen.

3 Likes

I only did that one on paper - no mutas on singularity and the 50mn DBR with the rolls that needs is probably spendy, would be my guess.

The acceleration curve for the fit will be the same, but the black hole adds an agility penalty I didn’t have. Evasive maneuvers links will ameliorate that some.

So… a few MWD cycles. Didn’t time it, sorry. :frowning:

1 Like

I really don’t see the point in this “competition” unless there is some facet of the new Trirglavian systems that players have not figured out yet.

Otherwise it just shows that CCP doesn’t understand the level of obsession with min/maxing that the playerbase has. This is a code based game where the numbers and limits are all set. While screen shots are pretty the in game fitting window, or some of the excellent fitting tools other people have made, can very quickly be used to determine what the fastest ship is (and all the numbers involved).

Boiled down to a very very crude analogy, it’s like a contest to determine who can come up with the highest integer between 1 and 10. The main difference being that 9 and 10 cost more than the majority of players can afford.

Which brings me back to my first statement. The only rational reason to hold a contest is if the player base has missed something that CCP wants them to find. Other than that, there is little point for the space peasants to even try.

While I don’t think, e.g., “sunbounces” would be a particularly beneficial inclusion to something like this, I do think it needs just… some other dimension, because an Eve drag race basically comes down to a pretty easy optimization problem and a bottomless budget.

It’s a really basic contest and also happens to have a full HG snake set required as minimum entry-level equipment. A 2.6B clone (1st prize value looks to be about 1.8B value at present) that is essentially required to even bother participating is probably off-putting to anyone who doesn’t already have one, and impossible for many.

3 Likes

Sorry, I don’t own a high-grade snake set.

I feel also i should probably mention y’all just made slingshotting with a taranis/crusader harder; awesome ‘buff’ gg

1 Like

Aw that’s alright.
It’s fascinating!

Thank you for your efforts! :slight_smile:

OOOOOOooorrrr …

… all the other participants have …
… *cough*

… accidents. :angel:

2 Likes