Need some help regarding my future in this game

Hey how much is this stuff worth. He gave me 6m in addition

Magnate unfitted

Sorry if I am bothering you

I’m not really sure what you’re looking for in terms of “worth”.

It’s a Tech I Destroyer that does a lot of damage to things. Reminds me a bit of a ganking Coercer that people would use after they run out Catalysts (happened a couple of times during major Burn Jita events).

Like how much could I sell it for or should I keep it.

The hull is like 1.8 million isk in Jita right now. I don’t know if that’s valuable to you or not. You could also keep it and fit it up with weapons and such to go hunt down some NPCs. Up to you, really.

Oh ill probably make a post asking for a fit tomorrow then thats what I was mainly interested in.

1 Like

If you dont mind me asking is there a place I could ask for help with fitting?

Could make a thread over in the General Discussion for all purpose discussion about fits, or one in the PvE / PvP subforum depending on what you’re looking for. You can also just make a thread over on r/eve if you’re familiar with how Reddit works. Finally, you can also look at the killmails on zkillboard to check out what kind of fits other people have been using for your ship. Coercer | Ship | zKillboard

Best advice I will offer is find a group of players you enjoy flying with.

Chances are you’ve already flown with a few you like.

Ether join together and make your own corporation, or find similar minds players in a corp already in the region you are operating in.

Personally would keep clear of nullsec at your experience as you’ll be taught their doctrines which will have you pushed into a specific peghole with very little chance of exploring your options of gameplay.

So you’ll have to think about what you want and have you already made friends that you can continue flying with as a fleet or as a corp.

It is also possible to find corps that aren’t part of nullblocks who are happy to teach more,you may have to find them, but they are out there.

I’m not sure if you can have much fun in small T1 ships in Nullsec, but the mentioned corps are very experienced in Newbro handling. And on the other hand a Coercer in a Newbro roaming fleet were my first Nullsec kills, too. Be aware you are much safer in a group when in Nullsec.

I started in Highsec and stayed there very long, now I live in wormholes. If I look back, I should have left Highsec earlier.
It’s very easy to leave corps, and in the state you are atm, you even can start over, there’s not much to lose yet (you may feel rich with a cruiser, so did I at this stage, but believe me, with some experience sky is the limit).

So join a corp, and if you don’t like the way they treat you, don’t hesitate to leave. There are many corps and many ways how they are managed.

Have fun!

1 Like

Hey you just said something about wormholes. I was doing exploration and I just found one. What are they and what should I expect? It looks like this and I have this fit on my battleship.

Astero I meant it’s the bloody spellchecker on my phone

Expect to die :wink:

Rats are harsh, and the inhabitants are even worse, they first shoot and then sometimes ask. Exploration (in a Magnate) can be quite lucrative, but I propose you should talk to some experienced folks to learn some tricks to push your luck.

If you want to try out exploring check out this guide. It’s a pretty good start.

I appear to have joined a null-sec corp that lives in a wormhole. Would you mind explaining what exactly that means.

Scoots will explain it better than I, but that actually sounds like a lot of fun! Best of luck!

Thank you dude. I get like wormholes and things but I thought that they were like a gateway to another system, not something you can just live into. I will await scoot’s response. The guy recruited me after killing me and even gave me my isk back so it is looking good so far. I haven’t been able to log in to join any of the action yet but they are part of a small war from what I can tell from the discord.

1 Like

5 days in and somehow I already got involved in drama.

1 Like

Your doing fine! :wink:

The forums can be as bad as the game sometimes. Stick to your guns! :smiley:

Yep. Nothing I can’t handle kind of fun.

Wormholes weren’t meant originally for pilots to “live in” which i would consider a null sec corp living in a wormhole, a wormhole corp, not null sec… but thats apples and oranges. if you ever watched Star Trek DS9, imagine how their wormholes were… There were planets and stuff on the other side of a hole. There are advantages and disadvantes to living in a eve online wormhole.