hahahahahaha nobody tell him
Still getting caught up on this very long thread, but rorqual exclusive drones are excavs, not harvester. Harvester drones mine higher amount but are slow and expensive.
I might come. I haven’t mined in a Hulk in a long time, but I agree with you it’s not an AFK miner. I don’t intend to prove you wrong, i just don’t know what my clicking interval is in that ship. Oh, and I usually jetcan mine in it. Still 3 years back I did that. (Because I didn’t have a second account).
If that’s the thing that used to be the ‘Survey Scanner’ then that is a dreadful module. It doesn’t show how much m3 ore is left in a rock. it’s practically useless to me.
it does if you press to use it and then bring up the list of all the rocks
Boosts also allow to scan so your booster in a porp/orca/rorq doesnt necessarily need to waste a slot on the chip in the mid slot.
I am aware that you have to press the icon in the middle there. I also know you have to have the rock targeted for it to show leftover m3. It still does not show that info to me. I am not in the game right now, but if I remember it correct it only shows me distance to rock, and some other useless info that I have nothing to do with. The most important piece of information – how many m3 are left in a rock – that is completely missing.
I am playing on a Mac, so maybe it only affects Mac clients and is some bug. I haven’t mined that much lately so I haven’t cared to submit a report on it.
No, you just have to refresh the scan. it shows targeted and non targeted.
If its a bug with mac users that probably does need to be reported as more and more people are using macs these days.

Before mining. Moving closer so i dont have to waste more time mining.

after one round from drones on my porp. Just had to refresh scan, no scan module equipped, only using boosts.
I didn’t even have the mining survey results window anymore. But I was able to locate it from under right click (it used to open by default with the old Survey Scanner so I didn’t think of having to open it manually at first).
When I mined ice during the Winter Nexus event, it showed the remaining ice in the box or thingie that opened when clicking on the ice. That’s what I meant. In case of ore it doesn’t show remaining ore in that thing whatever you call it.
I have to assume that is a bug related to using a mac. I am not very familiar with how it works but as I understand it there is a difference in the program language? I’m not sure that is the correct term.
I just assume CCP needs to put more work into the mac version.
Ah thanks for the clarification has been a while since I last had a rorq so ya can’t remember the names of stuff to well my bad
excavs are garbage anyway now. 60% residue by default. You wouldnt use them on anything except asteroid belts and if you’re putting a rorqual on an asteroid belt you deserve to be hotdropped. (which will happen )
As long as there’s an umbrella it will be used by null sec players
It retains the old m3 scan and adds ISK value on top of that scan. It’s easy to miss though, but you have to interact with the new default ore scanner option that all mining ships have to, which gets upgraded by fitting this module to show more info, like m3 remaining.
But the reason I’m fitting that module isn’t m3 remaining.
The module increases your mining crit chance and reduces your residue chance. These things alone are enough reason for me to fit it now, because you get more ore out of your asteroids with this, and higher yield too because of the crits.
Sounds fun. We’ll set it up
Cool. I’ll send you an in-game mail about it, or you send me. Whichever one of us gets to it first.
This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

