Who said they have an obligation? They sell regardless.
The idea of a mini game is good, I do the Project Discovery while mining, but Would not mind an alternative once in a while. In the spirit of New Eden, it should not be a nerf to Miners, but rather an incentive to be active.
AFK could be dealt with a simple dialogue box, say after 60min of suspected AFK there is a question box “Are you still there” and if not responded - Logoff.
Gee whiz, can it be like every suck ass afk timer in every other mmo that kicks you off while you’re adjusting settings or scrolling the market looking for something or going through your inventory looking for something because trying to play the game isn’t “at the keyboard” enough for the stupid system?
I AFK mine gas sites. It takes about 50 minutes for my venture to get a full tank of gas. I watch my shows on Disney+ or even left to shop with my sister. I will return with a full tank or blown up. I never read anything about AFK mining being against the terms of service or an exploit.
If you don’t want me being AFK for 50 minutes in my venture, then make it more fun. Don’t come to the forums being the fun police. Anyone can jump in and say “make it illegal or harder”, no one says, “let’s make it more fun and interactive”.
Have fun!
Some Orca’s have names, perhaps it might be appropriate to distinguish between them that not all Orca’s afk while mining juicy goo!
CCP could buff those crystals quite a bit. There’s no argument against it.
Very simple fix:
Attacking another players drones should only give suspect timer in HighSec. Drones are just a tool, basically a deployable asset like an MTU/MobileDepot just with the ability to navigate. Attacking them is not endangering the capsuleer or his ship, CONCORD should not need to care.
Could also lead to more content by baiting out such attacks with valuable drones and then killing the offender. And since you have to actively lock drones, it also can’t happen “accidentally”.
Yeah, let me hug their asteroid with my Mac and smartbomb their augmented miners with one good blast.
are they skittish or don’t care who is in system with them?
m
I was thinking the same thing yesterday and I totally agree.
Such a change is reasonable: you’re not attacking another player’s ship after all, only replaceable deployed objects. Other deployed non-ships also only incur a suspect timer.
Such a change also has good efficacy: it increases options against AFK Orcas but not against many other miners or other playstyles.
Other miners than Orcas don’t rely on drone mining for 100% of their yield. And non-AFK miners (including Orcas) can simply pull or at worst replace their drones to continue what they were doing. Such a change impacts players who aren’t paying attention to the game much more than others. This also is true for other HS activities with drones.
Turning an attack against a drone in HS into a suspect rather than criminal act seems like a good change to me.
@Syzygium I was in doubt if you were just bitter or totally disonest.
Now I have certainty. Comparing drones to a deployable is not even gymnastics.
Liking the idea of shooting drones for suspect status like @Gerard_Amatin did is no problem. Posting such stupidity is beyond imagination from a veteran. And I’m using the same tone you like to use with others, so don’t cry me “rude”.
Why would I assume you are “rude”? You know, most behaviour seen as “malicious” can simply be explained with incompetence.
And since you are just another forum posting alt, I see little evidence that you have any deeper understanding of the game and it’s mechanics. I’d go so far to assume you are just a re-rolled forum troll of one of those we had in the last weeks and months that all vanish after some time. Because they know they talk BS, which is basically the only reason to hide behind a disposable alt when enganging in discussions.
![]()
I’m not sure what your argument is here.
Liking the idea of shooting drones for suspect status in HS is fine, but posting such an idea is stupid?
So are you in favour of Syzygiums idea or not?
I think it’s a great idea and have given reasons why I think that. Are there good reasons against such a change?
Drones are an extension of ones ship and therefore should get the same Concord response as targeting and blasting the hull. Drones are no different than hull mounted guns, mining lasers, or salvagers as they perform the exact same purpose.
Sure they are. They are separate objects, targetable, destroyable, can remain on grid if the ship warps away. Destroying them doesn’t endanger the capsuleer. Process of deploying them to space is even the same as with all othe deployables: “launching”, which basically is the definition of not being part of the ship any more.
I can’t care less about the idea, I’m not one to interfere with others desires.
I’m against this well know veterans dishonest, they always manipulate the narrative to get their PoV.
He’s not that stupid, he wants to make a link between deployables and drones to confuse noobs and appeal to the familiarity about deployable suspect rules.
I’m just calling him out, he should be more honest about it. That link is wrong, he wants to make it “familiar”. Just ask for it honestly, he’s a damn EVE veteran, have some standards ffs.
Sometimes, for a little bit, I get why NSers went to Reddit… What a mess, 20y and we can’t have sane forums with decent conversations.
I gonna make an exception only this time.
You see @Eaglefeather already took bait? That’s how this people operate.
The dude plays EVE for 18y, he knows well what he’s doing, and he choose the right angle so people like @Eaglefeather bite and enters discussion about semantics.
It’s not about semantics, it’s about mechanics, a large ship only has drones to defend against a frig pointing it. Due to the stellar intelligence from our game designers.
Ofc he knows it, he knows it very well, but instead of being honest about it, he goes thru semantics.
I’m just tired of the horsecrap. Talk plainly, you want the Orcas to have a bad time, you tired of the other Veteran dude full of tattoos delivering KMs of Safety failures.
And no, I’m not his alt, I don’t deserve that merit.
You guys need to step up, I’m not here to educate you all the time.
Less armchair psychology please. You have not the slightest idea what someone else wants.
Present some proof please. Just saying “its wrong!” does’t make it true.
Drones and Deployables are:
- stored in a ships cargo bay, not in a module slot
- are launched into space from said bay and retrieved into said bay
- can be targeted, aggressed, remote-supported or destroyed separately from the ship
- can stay on grid if the player ship warps away
They have indeed much more similarities to a deployable than to a ship module, so similar rules for agression in HS would actually make sense. Especially if it helps to solve a problem, which is mass-afk mining. And creates more options for player interactions in HS beyond just “suicide gankig”.
It is basically a win-win-win scenario.
Now it’s your turn for bringing some arguments to the table instead if your “oh oh I don’t care but I am callig someone out” nonsense. Which is actually funnny coming from a disguised forum posting alt.
WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH AIKO ?? the real Princess would never use the “F” word !
wow you hit every meme , well done ! are those AFK moon-mining Orcas cutting into the profits of your AFK moon-mining Orcas ? never seen you so concerned for the welfare of miners…
did you put more than two seconds of thought into that ? i’m mining AT keyboard, someone drives-by and blaps my 100 mill harvies and i have no recourse , no time to recall drones , and they drop nothing so you don’t profit .. which btw fits a standard of griefing . would you give them a RF timer ? 100 k HP like otherr structures you’ve compared them to ? maybe 1 M HP like a bubble ? and how does your suggestion help at all ?
i suggest a random solar wind that blows everyone on-grid 1000 KM in a random direction .
YW


