Thats exactly why attacking them should only give suspect timer. Use T2 drones if you don’t control the environment by force. People in all other spaces have the same problem. It isn’t CONCORDs job to protect your shiny toys, it’s yours.
this statement is more ridiculous than your original suggestion. it shows total disregard for other players. should i close the static to be safe oh wait it’s hi-sec .. watch intel channel and bubble the in-gate oh wait it’s hi-sec .. maybe a nice gate-camp and pop any non-blues oh wait it’s hi-sec . where most of eve online plays this game . how does one control hi-sec by force ? and.. concord is not protecting MY shiny toys , it’s protecting the ones that want to blow them up by preventing me from killing them first , like in
You don’t, thats the point. If you want that, cooperate in a group and leave HS. Put effort in organization and protecting the space you live in, in return benefit from all the nice toys you can use there in reasonable safety.
But if you begin to use max efficiency blingy stuff in the most NPC protected area in the game, people should have options to mess around with you, the more, the better. Make a good plan against it if you want, from remote-repairing the drones until you can scoop them again, minimizing travel distance or combat fits that can actually wreck an offender’s ship. Battle Orcas are absolutely capably off doing that and cooperating with others greatly helps. You know, having a Fleet of Exhumers next to you with Combat Drones out can easily scale up to a thousand DPS or more with nearly perfect application. Have been there, have done that.
Correction, it shows disregard for lazy (semi-)afk game stiles. We need a lot less of those semi-passive drone based income and every nerf is a good thing. Especially with related to the original post of this topic.
And just before anyone comes with “uh, but other players’ gameplay style!!!1111 !!!”
THIS is not a “gameplay style” that needs to be protected or even viable. THIS is pure cancer for the game:
If large groups want to do that in other areas where they have to organize the safety of such fleets on their own, fine, more power to them. But not in HS under a magic CONCORD shield grinding billions basically (semi)afk. For hours and hours and hours, every day.
I agree (obviously).
@Princess_Rose_Ivory talked about using her Venture and AFK mining, but this isn’t about that. Normal AFK mining is fundamentally different for multiple reasons, including both economic benefit and risk. An AFK Venture is in danger, but these Orcas are not. Players should not be rewarded for AFKing in pure Highsec safety while doing nothing of substance. It disadvantages every other player in the game, encourages botting, and does not lead to meaningful content of any kind.
why not all drones? I afk mine with a mix of attack and mining drones so I don’t really have to do much if any at all intervention. I’ll glance over then the buzz of a target lock goes off, but rarely do I have to do much more than that. Huge cargo hold means I have to go hands on once…an hour? and that’ll only make me turn on the compressor and then back to the show .
. It disadvantages every other player in the game, encourages botting, and does not lead to meaningful content of any kind.
Untrue - it encourages multiple spends on multiple accounts which means more out of game currency in CCCP’s pockets.
How many more years/how much life do you think is left in the yearly FanFest events? I’m glad those are successful enough to create not one, but two events in the US; I might get to enjoy one before it’s through.
Untrue. AFK Orca miners are not incentivized to spend money.
They are selling ore, on the market, driving down the price for active miners.
They are disincentivizing subscriptions.
For me and you and most of the player base, yes. For the whales, no. This caters to them. Sorry for not making this clear. I had assumed you had figured this out.
I don’t think you understand what you are yapping about.
Whales are not incentivized by AFK mining.
You are just making things up.
Maybe you should go look at a few moons being mined then.
I guess not, since you already know everything. Why bother posting then? SMH
Just another example of your nonsense words.
“go look at a few moons”
I obviously have.
Do you lack reading comprehension abilities?
“Do you lack reading comprehension abilities?”
no no, just questioning yours. Not sure why you’re arguing here when your questions have been answered in multiple forums, including this one multiple times in multiple ways.
I guess complaining is your main goal and you’d like to see something changed. Fair. AFK/botting is a complaint in many MMO’s. However directing uneducated insults and forum posts makes you a bit of an idiot.
Please, keep going. You amuse and entertain me.
- I’m not arguing
- I don’t have any questions
- multiple forums?
I guess I have a question now…
Are you a bot?
I’m sorry, I don’t discuss with bots!
./end
As much as I like the idea to intercept and target such blatant botting behaviour I worry about the fall out of such a sweeping drone aggro change to suspect. There would be a lot of spill over into other non-botted or normative gameplay. Destroying, in highsec, high value non-mining drones then becomes an easy recourse in places like deadspace or mission spaces. Which would affect a lot more than just miners, which seems to be what the OPs initial argument is about. So spillover would occur given this change and I think balance would need to be created. Allowing mining drones to be targeted solely would fix such issues imo. Allowing for targeted denial of services for miners in such a way without affecting other avenues of gameplay and creating an entirely new avenue of suspect baiting to protect all high value drones.
A significant buff to C-crystals might be another approach.
This would have to be quite large, in order to make it worth one’s time. This impact could be accompanied by a suspect timer, allowing for gameplay in which individuals are able to ‘gank’ the mining belt.
This was the original intent of C-crystals, but it has not been implemented.
This would be an interesting change to the game imo. Buffing C-type crystals significantly and then having that buff accompanied by suspect timer would make for very interesting gameplay options.
Aiko, what does it take to gank an Orca?
10 or so Catalysts? What are the chances that these AFK Orcas could be profitable to gank?
