Nerf AFK moon mining

More like 30-40+.

Most of them are a total loss and not profitable.

1 Like

If that’s the case then they truly have zero benefit to EVE and are purely a detriment.

2 Likes

Then just use low-value non-mining Drones while in HS or have a plan in case someone wants to mess around with them. I mean, it is pretty easy. Keep your eyes open while missionrunning and you will see something called “combat probes”.
This is the first hint to scoop in your “high value drones” and just launch T2.
Next thing is some player appearing on your grid. If that happens in a mission you know he wants to mess around with you.
Scoop in the drones, ignore him. Or if you happen to be an experienced PvPer, wait for him to go suspect and kill him if you think you can do that. Absolutely noone is forced by some kind of black magic to use Geckos or ‘Augmented’ drones in HighSec, there is simply no content that cannot be done with simple T2 drones, which are cheap as **** and don’t stir up any attention from evildoers. -_-

1 Like

Your response perfectly sums up what I was looking for. A disingenuous argument aimed at all drone users and not the OPs Orca issues.

Thanx for that. Because if you think I am not an experienced PvPer or all sec areas player then you would need to look harder at the available evidence. Arguing for a way to kill high value drones in HS is really your basic argument here, and if that is the case present it as such in the first place. Not as an Orca mining drone issue.

I anticipate the question, so I’ll answer it.

How many gankers could we get to gank these Orcas? I’ve been more successful than anyone in the history of the game, at getting gankers to cooperate and fleet up, but the numbers are not good.

The ganking community is basically divided into four groups. You have my mighty Safety. alliance, the best and brightest, active gankers who want to kill stuff and are willing to get it done. We are of course descended from the defunct CODE. alliance. I could reliably get 15-20 DPS, and on a good day I could get 30+. However, it is hard to find a time when everybody is online at once.

Then you have the gankbears. These are basically miners who learned how to gank. They only gank for isk/hr, generally targeting either bling cruisers or freighters. They have little to no interest in any other targets, and they will have no interest in zero profit Orcas, even if they are given ships for free. If you give them the ships, they will just scam you and continue gankmining. They are generally antisocial and refuse to fleet with anyone. They might show up for one gank with a token DPS, just to prove they are ‘cool’, but they will quickly resume isk grinding.

You also have the boomerbears. These are old men who wanted to be a ganker back in 2014, but they were too busy being a miner and never got to live the dream. Unlike the gankbears, they lack the skill or ability to actually gank anything profitable. Generally, they grind endlessly in the same system(s), basically repeating the same rote mechanical tasks over and over. Such individuals will generally not fleet up with anyone else, because us zoomers drive them crazy with all our elite slang and fast paced antics. I might get one or two to join a fleet, but they will quit just as soon as someone makes fun of them or says anything that offends their delicate sensibilities.

Finally, you have the Cluster B memergriefers. These are people who basically only gank for salt, but they are often permabanned and unable to participate. They were heavily nerfed by the elimination of alpha ganking, as they are unable to afford an Omega account. They have neither skill nor reliability, nor do they have the longterm patience needed for hunting. I can usually get a couple of these people to join a fleet, but they are often more trouble than they are worth, and they tend to quit after 5-10 minutes because their mom wants them to do dishes.

So, while in theory it is possible to get enough DPS to kill these Orcas, in reality it is a significant hassle to get enough people assembled. Once we achieve that, we lose money on the gank and the Orcas dock up until our fleet dissipates.

If anybody sends 1.5 billion (a PushX freighter load), I will stage ships in one of these systems and we will gank Orcas. However, I refuse to spend more of my money to fix CCP’s poor decisions. You are encouraged to join my channel: Why Was I Ganked? if you would like to help extirpate the mining caste.

5 Likes

Thats right :nail_polish:

1 Like

What exactly makes it a disingenuous argument aimed at all drone users?

As far as I know any non-AFK drone user can pull drones when they see a stranger approach their ship if they happen to be using very expensive drones and fear for their drones life.

Personally I don’t play in HS so I don’t really see the issue here as I would not only pull my drones but also pull my ship to safety when I see strangers appear on my grid.

Is HS so different that the suggestion that someone pays a bare minimum of attention in order to keep their expensive drones safe, or alternatively uses cheap drones so they can afford to pay no attention at all, is an outrageous or ‘disingenuous’ request?

The suggestion to be able to attack drones and only incur a suspect status is a good way for CCP to create a counter to AFK Orca mining. It won’t stop other AFK miners and it won’t stop Orca pilots who pay attention as they can simply pull drones or launch new ones. It mostly affects players who pay no attention at all, which is precisely the kind of playstyle the suggestion is aimed to provide a counter for.

1 Like

That’s incredibly informative, check your wallet.

1 Like

This should be a suggestion thread. I really like the idea.

I think Remi remade the argument in their post a couple below this.

But the original OPs argument was a counter to afk Orca mining, not just all afk drone styles. By stretching the goalposts to include ALL afk drones is a fine argument imo, just not the one posited in the OP, and therefore it shouldve been stated in their argument as such.

So I have to question you on this post.

How do you know they’re all afk? What is wrong with a large group of people mining together in orcas?

What?

My only interactions with this thread have to do with scarcity and the cycle of stagnation.

When you changed Syzyguim’s argument to all drones, rather than just mining drones. No offense meant.

I didn’t change their argument at all.

Here’s a recap of what I have posted.

Is this just your attempt to attribute other people to being my alts? I posted in my remove highsec thread on all my alts, and other than remi, they all have Nerd in their name. ISD’s removed it in their 79 post removals, but I am more than happy to do it again here.

Okay then I have mistaken your reply to them where the highlighted word “drone” is as a ‘fixed’ reply. Thats on me, doing too much while also replying it seems.:thinking:

1 Like

then dont do it for profit

Ah yes because you can’t get a capital rat spawn while mining more ore. Oh wait you can so either they are afk and are gona lose there fleet of orcas to an npc dread or there actual players who warp of kill the dread then come back.

Many suggestions in this thread can be considered “make it more interactive”

In addition, you can shoot a suspects drones without incurring a limited engagement with them I believe.