yup yup, I meant that IF they are botting does the program make them dock when approached.
m
yup yup, I meant that IF they are botting does the program make them dock when approached.
m
Depends on their algorithim, usually if they are autodocking they dock the moment we enter local. They don’t wait for us to get on grid. Other bots don’t do this at all, but you can tell they are bots because, for example, you kill them and they continue mining oblivious to the threat, and in some cases the pods try to mine.
As you will see once I finish uploading my next vid, it can also be the worst of both worlds as in they might be at the keyboard but too lazy or inattentive to react in any meaningful or competent way, though the only threat they really consider is getting ganked and they know that isnt going to happen
I admit it…the video didnt interest me that much. ( i know the reason why you did it )
But the music is awesome. A+ on the music choice.
We miss you Sargon
Not that you cared
how far do you need to bump them out of the belt to lose connection to their drones? 250km?
thank you, that is what I was looking for.
m
I’m aware capital rats can spawn.
But where do these spawn?
Do they also spawn in HS space? Or on moon mining grids?
Because if not, your comment isn’t really relevant to this discussion.
Watch CCP continue to refuse to admit mining is a problem.
They say they don’t allow bots, yet mining continues to be 100% bottable.
They say they care about newbies, yet still the tutorial has the newbies mine, an activity so boring it’s no wonder everyone who does it is either AFK all day or just outright botting (at least in highsec, where the newbies are mining).
They say they care about the player-driven economy, but can this really be claimed to qualify as “player”?
And because everyone is doing it automatically, the only way to turn a decent profit is with a big multibox fleet, which as we saw with all the complaints about scordite in the Gallente election event, is obviously very discouraging for a new player to witness?
Watch them proceed to do bugger all about it, if not outright worsen the situation. These are the same game designers who thought Catalyst was a good expansion and a successful mining overhaul.
@CCP_Fozzie, my dear friend, please weigh in on this situation. Do you genuinely believe mining is in a good place? That “turn on your drones/lasers and go watch anime for an hour” is how this mechanic should work for a non-botting player? That suggestions like Aiko and I have repeatedly made, about tying mining to a minigame, wouldn’t go a long way to resolving the problems of both rampant botting, AFK mining, and newbie retention? Look at exploration, hacking used to be just like mining, then you gave it a minigame and it became a much more interesting activity.
Opinion invalided
Reason: it’s aiko
Please edit the post in a way that it is not a reduntant way to inflate code ego
The most recent bot report I made were the two bots I reported in Aband 6 weeks ago. They still log in and mine every day, all day. I am of the opinion that CCP doesnt care about bots.
I gave up reporting bots years ago, because I have yet to see any be banned. I thought well, lets see if CCP has taken a tougher stance on botting since then…
Nope, they simply just look the other way.
I’m not Aiko.
This.
I reported a bot almost 6 months ago now and its still there. Same system, same times.
If you destroy the ship, the pod attempts to run the bot’s path minus the ship.
A little over 2 months ago I reported an Orca/Hulk fleet that was either botting or input broadcasting. You don’t have 6 hulks and an orca drop drones at the exact same second and then have 6 hulks activate their lasers at the exact same second by accident. Guy’s still around.
CCP, hire me for your bot investigation team.
THAT"S ME!
![]()
![]()
They spawn low sec, null sec and on the moon mining grid for both. If the structure they are using is in high sec simply just war deck them and kill the orcas or the structures they are using.
What if they are super human or doing experimental alien drugs to give them super human reflexes, and a half decent computer so they dont lag while switching between accounts?

Structures are mostly in holding companies, not in active player corps. You’re not gonna get Orca kills that way, if you’re even able to get any structure kills.
So… not in high sec?
He obviously didn’t read the original post.