Nerf Ganking Megathread

And as ive said before. Change on top of change on top of change on top of change………To get something to work that is WORSE by every possible metric.

Its the most pointless change ive ever seen suggested. AI can not replace the dynamic and unpredictable nature of other playes.

No question they can play a role. They simple cant replace.

Again i disagree. As does CCP. CCP are on record as having stated that players that get ganked early in their eve careers are MORE likely to stick with the game long term than new players that do not get ganked.

There is a thread about a video about MMO’s that someone posted last week that would be relevant to this. How adversity in games build up connections and a sense of accomplishment.

EDIT: i went and got the link.

So while some players may levae because the are ganked (nobody is saying that some wouldn’t) those that stay and learn become far more connected to the game. That is value.

Not to mention the idea that

Is a bizarre concept to be complaining about. If i dont like being forced to interact with gates to get from A to B then could i argue that forced interation has no value.

Why should I be forced to interact with asteroids to get ORE?

Why should i be forced to interact with WH’s to get to J space?

Why should i be forced to use the Player market if i want to buy stuff. Shouldnt it just be there?

and finally…….

Why should i be foreced to interact with NPC’s when all i want to do is mine and rat in peace.

See………?

What your proposing is the first step on a cascade to try to fix a problem (that doesnt exist) that has no actual solution. Today its players. Tomorrow its NPC’s. The day after its game mecahnics. Whatever is getting in the way of max return and zero risk is what will be railed against constantly.