Nerf Ganking Megathread

Whats the first rule of eve?

Dont undock what you cannot afford to lose.

You people sing the same sad tune over and over again… but in the end. It is a sandbox pvp game.

Learn to be stealthy, evasive, tanky…

Most people dont start the game and quit unless the game wasnt for them in the first place…

My first major loss was a drake that i saved up for and had no business flying yet… but you have to get those experiences to grow in the game.

If you want a quick lession in reality, watch nationsl geographic videos on life on the african plains …

After a few episodes of crocodiles ganking a poor baby water buffalo and you should het a clue of what sand box truly is.

This is a game. A game, which presents a challenge to most. But if it is nothing but frustration and you are not apt to strategize a solution, then perhaps simulation is more your cup of tea…

The game is not going to change for you. You must adapt and evolve to win.

Edit: and yes there are careers like pi, marketing, manufacturing. Etc that take the scary catalysts out of the equation.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I’m having a LOT of fun.

I’ve even got my own blog: https://www.james315.space/

3 Likes

I have bad news for you

The Haulers will save EVE! [ecquis videtur eadem]

There I’ve got my inappropriate real world comparison out of my system.
Feel free to quote me on that in the future for embarrassment purposes.

1 Like

I don’t understand what people are trying to achieve with posting the kill mails? No ■■■■ miners get ganked in high sec? Mine while aligned, set all known gankers red and watch local, and don’t mine where you have to scroll local down. Mining is easy, this game isn’t.

Do people genuinely not realise that eve is a group activity with discord and voice coms and the like? People with 10 alts in a one man corp never left the starter island on this one.

Why are you pushing newbs into battleships? It takes a while to skill into the battleship and fly it competently even longer. Your newbs should be learning tank, and defensive tactics and how to survive in smaller ships before attempting larger ships.

Bigger doesnt mean better. You need to teach them how to fit defensive mods and rigs correctly. Looking at that last b.s. there are so many wrong things with it, not to mention your location

1 Like

I mean that looks pretty fun :smiley:

He undocked :smiley: He consented to PvP. He lost :smiley:

Sadly, no.

2 Likes

I scream and shout about the endurance and the prospect for new miners. Maxed out you can mine ice harder than a skiff, the outlay is tiny in comparison to a barge, and all the skills you train to be able to fly them will transfer to every ship in the game. Plus you can run away, cloak and watch as the AFK miner with 6 alts who has been sucking down on your ice gets killed to death.

But new players cannot fly those or cloak without going to omega. They should take advantage of being alpha and train up the 20 mil sp an alpha gets and learn the venture or combat ships and how to fit accordingly before upgrading.

Daily alpha injectors are worth it in the long run over large skill injectors.

10 DAI is roughly 200 mil less than an LSI, plus you get 100k more SP overall using the DAI’s

yeh but to get to the Venture and the Prospect you got to spend a Loong time training mining frig, and by the time they get it to V new players will have discovered the limitations of alpha when it comes to mining.
Which is kind of the point behind alpha.

And there is more to eve than mining. SiCo needs to be abolished as their spammy leader said he would do.

32k newbs/alts who dont know how to play eve isnt helping eve overall.

3 Likes

Well yeh, but PvPer and miners are at one on this one. Training into big ships without the underlying skills to be able to fly them well is just going to make you cannon fodder.

Ganking miners is absolutely hilarious and never gets old.

2 Likes

There is a better way to use the Endurance, mine ice in lowsec and nullsec with this ship. It is really good for this, I use them a lot.

When I started in 2009 moving into BS’s for level 4 missions made a lot of sense. Player who have played for a long time and have not done missions for a long time tend to forget this.

When i started in 11’ i was skilling into the drake but i was training ship skills before what was known as the magic 14. Too many ■■■■ fcs and “newbro leaders” push that magic 14 and barely get them in a bs ill fitted like the raven above

I maxed out my skills for the Drake too, but the Raven was better for level 4’s in the main once you get over a certain threshold of skills, better still the Scorpion Navy Issue this ship was a passive repping beast and any new player should have a good look at that one.

Considering alphas cant do l4s, while yes they can fly b.s. i see it pointless until you have more mastery skills trained while learning smaller ships. That just my opinion. Learn using smaller ships before moving on.

Maybe newbies shouldn’t fly battleships?

2 Likes

Like nature, survival of the fittest. What got me hooked on eve was getting revenge after a 14 gun salute fom 2 tempests.

Eve is no place for babies. Newbies that quit should thank their ganker/gankers for doing them a favor ( an angry mail will do) as wrong game for them, activate the kill right to show their appreciation and give them their stuff. A post on the forums is good too to say how awesome their gankers were.

1 Like