Nerf Ganking Megathread

Yah, clearly ganking needs a buff.

Easy to spend 300 million isk ganking a freighter or Orca, and no loot drops.

So you yourself said that you do it not because of loot, but for pleasure.

Ok. Clarify for me.

What is the solution?

Put on glasses, take pills, and read the topic. This should solve your problem.

Right, it’s not profitable to gank.

Griefing is my only incentive. Highsec ganking clearly needs a buff to incentivize people to gank for profit, otherwise all the gankers will be griefers.

1 Like

I have. All i can see is that you want a safe zone for newcomers. But as stated several times how do you define a newcomer?

Just a suggestion……. If you want people to come around to your way of thinking its better to clearly explain what you are suggesting as oppossed to insulting people that are trying to engage with you and understand your suggestions.

You know be nice…….make friends…. Win hearts and minds.

Absolutely unprofitable:

Nope, it’s not profitable - ask any ganker.

You’d make more isk/hr from passive AFK mining.

I used to think similarly a long time ago.
Actually, a long time friend and corp mate used to view the situation in a similar way to you, and I absorbed his prejudice.

He had a physical heart condition and actually had a reason to quit the game.
Yet he did not quit before gaining perfect standings in the faction he started with.

Aiko and crew are necessary for the game. In many ways they are the quintessence of the game. There is no game without human challenge. There is no balance that could satisfy you or anyone else.

1 Like

Again I’m confused.

Ganking of new players is the issue right? That’s what the thread is about.

So how is a Vargur kill on a character that has a history going back past 2016 relevant? Is that player still classed as a newcomer?

1 Like

Venture ganks are usually a loss, the fitted catalyst is often more expensive than the Venture! Just not profitable at all!!!

I noticed T1 Atrons are often sufficient and a fair bit cheaper.

A properly fit Venture can successfully tank a t1 Catalyst, so theorycraft Atrons could be used, but now you are just gambling at a loss.

Ganking needs a buff, it’s completely absurd that mining ships are tankier and stronger than warships. The miners need to stop being AFK, and they don’t deserve all the buffs they have received over the years. There’s a reason very few people gank in Highsec, and it’s not cuz ganking is super easy, or profitable.

3 Likes

Thanks, good to know!

It’s absurd that you’re killing noobs on ventura and whining that it’s not profitable. Is everything okay with your head? Where do noobs get ISK from?

But why look for “expensive” targets, it’s easier to kill diggers, they are stupid. And to catch something tasty, you need to turn on the brain, but it’s not there (

What are noobs supposed to gank?

They can only gank Ventures, and it should be profitable for them to do so.

Why not gank in low secs and nulls?

Because there is no ganking PvP in low sec and null sec. There’s just normal PvP. High-sec is the only place a capsuleer can engage in ganking PvP content.

A possible solution is to just permit normal PvP in high sec too, then there would be no ganking PvP.

I would support this, then we could stop debating whether ganking is “real” PvP or just griefing and bullying. CCP should just convert Highsec into lowsec. They can write up some lore explanation about the collapse of the old empires.

1 Like

I actually think they are developing towards this goal. I suspect (if the game survives the global financial reset) that the rules of space will no longer be fixed to location but established by player-corps.
So OP might get their “Utopia”… but at what cost?