Nerf Ganking Megathread

He’s pretty narrow minded in his thinking that your narrow minded.

I like how he has to keep validating that he’s some sort of broad minded visionary.

It’s cute.

lol you are flagging my post now…awwwww

jj

Losing a ship is a thing for us newbies. Leads to making a new one, or leaving if making a new one is no fun. Luckily, it is fun, for a while at least.

Losing the dignity is what makes people leave. Losing a ship is kinda personal thing, but much less personal for a dude looking for a trouble in low-secs. Why? Because there was a warning before entering (gj. CPP) and obviously there is a faction war inside that covers what we all need: a light of sense. Being killed with not a word or a drop of sense hurts the soul, however. We say it: killed like a dog (which is strange to say nowadays, cuz even dogs have rights).

Mute senseless kills are proved to make players leave. Being “killed like a dog” can’t be cured by making a new better ship. Returning a favor to the universe helps a bit, at least for a moment. Kill someone in a same disrespectful way and feel better. And there… we have a game as it is.

** :boom: Congrats player, your zero chivalry was rewarded. You are top asshole :boom: **

ty4salt

Sounds like a personal problem that a person can grow from, and become richer and more full individuals for it. EvE is a grueling universe of people forged in fire and tempered by violence. Those that wish to be deliberately weak in pursuit of their unbridled greed should face their own consequences equally just like everyone else.

Only if you allow it to be.

Try some personal emotional management and you’ll see that it’s pretty silly to get all upset when a pixilated imaginary space ship from a pvp sandbox video goes kablooy.

Reminds me of all those people that had meltdowns when I was infiltrating their level 4 missions and stealing their wrecks and loot. They got quite passionate over pixilated space garbage. Couple of them even threatened me bodily harm, in real life. Imagine that.

1 Like

While being logical and right, dear Sir, your example says that people do meltdown over their pixels. We all do care, more or less. Yes, discipline helps a lot, no matter if game or iRL. But, for how long will this game live if only disciplined new players will stay?

What I’m proposing here is giving some sense and purpose to our mindless deaths. Personally I feel bad when returning to station in my capsule like a fool with no pants on my butt and no chance to even scratch the one that devastated my frigate in a second.

And it’s not even about how mighty he was in compare to me. It’s about what did I die for? He said nothing. No one does. Is showing some basic respect or at least being human breaking some rule here?

Yaaaah, I’m not a real proponent for enabling bad behavior. But whatever floats your boat.

Also, slippery slope fallacy. Just saying.

Hmm, me thinks that’s what the games lore and role-play is for.

FTFY :wink:

Personally when I return to station in my capsule after the death of my frigate I feel like alive and someone who has just been purified by fire and overcome my base desire to shake my desk to death in fits of adrenaline.

I’ve just arrived to see if game is nice, but all I saw so far were wordless murders. I already have 5 kill right earnings. No one said even Now u die, filthy enemy. I’m surely not looking in the right direction. Seeing some role-play examples would encourage me a lot. Maybe it’s too early to meet a player that can role-play, so I’d appreciate if someone would link some good examples, screens, anything.

Oh, let me help you with that.

You see, most people don’t roleplay. But you can!

When someone mindlessly murders you, you internalize it as something along these lines.

“I died serving my empire.”

Or

“I died making a better life for my 12 adopted vitoc addicted minmatar children”

Etc. the sky is the limit. Why are you expecting other people to make sure your game is chock full of fulfillment. Do you suffer from incurable entitlement? Have you been enabled so much in your life that you cannot hope to ever do anything for yourself, helplessly dependent on what other people -most likely won’t- do for you?

Also, check out the intergalactic in game channel. Lots of RP there. Also, here on the forums.

Edit: reading this I can see I was being a real dirtbag. What I’m trying to say is you can always be “in character” despite most of EvE being out of character.

2 Likes

Welp… a lesson that shows a lot about new players outflow thing.

You can always roleplay a new capsuleer fresh out of the cloning vats. :wink: :upside_down_face:

Send me one billion isk, pleb miner.

Join The Summit and The Intergalactic Summit channels. Both are hubs for roleplayers and roleplaying. There are quite a few corps out there that also roleplay. Such as PIE.

2 Likes

Join a channel called The Summit next time you log in.

I’m so offended by all that attention that is being given to other miners!

There’s no loss of dignity in losing a ship…at least not in a decent conflict that ends in a ‘good fight’, which is how all should end. You are providing content for someone, and that’s what the game is all about. If we all wanted to preserve some assumed dignity we’d never undock.

The only way one could lose dignity is how they react to ship loss, not ship loss itself. :wink: