Nerf Ganking Megathread

No and my challenge was to go there, like you are, and PvP your heart out. That is what it is for, if I was in a Venture flying through low and you tackled and killed me, I think fair game. High-sec ganking is a cowardly game.

JJ

1 Like

Well, I appreciate a direct and non-bull :poop: answer even if I vehemently disagree with it. :joy:

1 Like

I would never want you to accept it, it would make for a quick argument, but why not start your own thread Etch, you love writing and asking tons of silly questions. Start a thread in favor of ganking and we can go there and argue the ups and downs of ganking. Then see as a community do we really feel there is value there? Or no value there?

I am sure CCP is reading our 1062++ long post thinking, “yup these guys have it, push forward with changes. JJ and Etch on top of it go go go”.

Come on your RL is just as boring as mine :smiley:

JJ

When you are fighting a PvP player it can be difficult at first. And will come with a lot of mistakes. But don’t be discouraged Destiny, I know you have what it takes to be a real PvPer one day. I recommend starting off in the Abyssal Proving grounds. The reason is it starts you in a place that has PvP rules, so you are not flying around randomly looking for a match, and then needing to know if you are outmatched or not. Once you are decently good here, then fit up a ship to your skill levels, will assume Alpha, so maybe a nice frigate, faction if you can afford it and map out some low sec roams, or use a needle jack with some friends.

I do recommend flying with friends, maybe one logi and one ewar ship if you guys to pull it off. Once good at this, I recommend stealing form the ESS in null. It is exciting, almost always creates content for PvP and if you get away, really nice isk.

JJ

I’m curious, how many of these activities you mention have you done and how often? :thinking:

• Lowsec Roam (Solo)
  • Lowsec Roam (Gang)
  • Abyssal Arena
  • ESS Robbing
  • Ganking

This is good advice, thanks.

1 Like

Because we are already at saturation point on this nonsense.

And because everything that needs to be said has been said in those threads.

Do not see how this is relevant but here you go. For clarification so it doesn’t go into 5 more responses I have already answered in this thread my main lives in null. Jesse is a nobody for a reason.

• Lowsec Roam (Solo) - For PvP rarely not in low but null, similar but I don’t go flying around looking. And I don’t think I would be that good solo, to be honest. I like the whole on comms with someone’s gameplay even if just one buddy. Live or die doesn’t really matter for me, it can be fun both ways.

• Lowsec Roam (Gang) - As often as possible. Not pushing a play style but things in groups is much better, my opinion only.

• Abyssal Arena - Not enough, have done it several times when I have the right ship but wish I can do it more. Maybe I can make Jesse here someone in high sec that can do proving ground which I do enjoy when I get the chance.

• ESS Robbing - Protected but never robbed. Sort of the same I guess, offense/defense but once on the grid if organized it goes really well… if a good group and you are not organized it can be really short-lived for you.

JJ

I would agree, should we contact CCP and shut down the Crime and Punishment section in the forums? Justification: Community has agreed ganking is bad in high sec, removed and start development on dynamic NPC.

Seems like a lot of responses on these threads though we are cutting off, we have to agree at some point, I think here is a good place.

Do we want to sleep on it, or should I start the official write-up and send over to you for signatures?

JJ

What are you talking about?

How does not starting another thread equate to shutting down a section of the forum?

No we don’t. Welcome to humanity where people hold different views

Trying to turn the thread into something absurd feels like a last ditch attempt to undermine it

1 Like

Well!

1 Like

Geezus okay I will clarify it isn’t 100% a PvP game. As stated on the Eve Online website for new player sign-up. Eve holds a lot, and up to you to choose a path for your journey.

JJ

Are you done ranting now?

1 Like

I am talking about the lack of creativeness in game. One argument gankers have never made is nerf non PvE’ers. I think there could be a strong argument for this if thought through.

You live in High Sec you don’t want PvP, you opt-out. You can’t be ganked or dualled or bothered. You have less chance at good loot during missions, your PvE activities payout are cut by 50% (the % can be debated just throwing a number out) and if a miner you ships losses again (25% yield, another made-up number do not know the sweet spot here).

Can’t opt out if you are war dec… if opt out you can’t do criminal activities.

JJ

Oh sweet Aiko, always enjoy your bait post. Much appreciated :heart:

JJ

You can opt out by playing on the test server.

0 risk, 0 reward.

1 Like

That is only true if the test server wasn’t updated every few months. If that is changed, I would say that is an option. SISI becomes the PVE server.

JJ

Talked about to death.

Destruction is so tied to how the economy works that any area free from player destruction should have zero impact on the economy. Therefore pve activities should have 100% tax. It’s not like you need the isk. You will never have to replace a ship. Any mining done should be for funium. A fun ore that is refined into funtanium which is a unique material that is used in the construction of corevettes.

And a gank is zero risk, should it be zero rewards? In my book, knowing the outcome before going into the fight holds little if no risk at all. And supports the thread and much appreciated.

JJ

Because there is the absence of ganking, doesn’t mean you would be 100% safe. The NPC in my opinion needs and should play a big role here.

Your 100% tax is silly, how would you buy ammo? Pay for Industry jobs…come on Etch you are better than this. Yeah, I am nit-picking, you may mean a higher tax and that is fine in my book. Don’t expect you to know the sweet spot, but I think people would be okay with that if it means they can enjoy the role-play of their game without ganking.

JJ