Nerf Ganking Megathread

I agree: it isn’t hard of a concept: “In any space, you are either blue or you are not.” If you don’t want to be prepared for PVP then that’s on you.

Thank you for your opinion Etch. At least you try to argue with me, I will give you that.

JJ

Yeah no issue with PvP, ganking something different, more like baby seal clubbing. But you are helping my point, that the ganking community is confused about the game, and thinks everything is a PvP situation, and maybe for them it is, but it isn’t like that for everyone thus the birth of forums and us wasting each other time!!

JJ

everything IS a PVP situation.

That’s what I am saying, and I’m not a ganker.

This is where we fundamentally disagree. If you scroll up, it is also exactly what I am saying. The fact you magically think there are areas that aren’t for PVP is what is astounding me. My thinking vice versa is what you’re astounded by.

The end.

It isn’t, not sure why this is so difficult for you Etch. Go to Eve Online and read the page. Then come back and say it is absolutely a 100% PvP game. You can’t, my point.

JJ

We do disagree and that is fine. The game isn’t a 100% only PvP, with other things going on. You can clearly get that message from how CCP markets the game and sells it to new pilots. And the fact that you can gank in high sec, in a very unbalance system is simply a CCP oversight that should be fixed now to continue new growth of the game for new pilots to enter.

The beginning.

JJ

again whats your point. Does they computer you are using right now contain atoms? Where in the documentation, manual or advertising material does it specificly tell you it contains atoms?

Yeah and I thought all humans had brains, but you are clearly proving me wrong.

But if you want to argue about the forum post. Let’s do it, talking about brains and atoms I don’t think will be constructive for fix many things here.

JJ

yay. and there we have it. in the absense of a response we have an insult.

Want to try again with an actual response?

Never said you Etch, guilty conscious. I updated it to get back on topic. You need to go back and update most of your posts as they add zero value to the thread.

JJ

What can i say. In order to produce great replies and add value one needs worthy material to respond to.

If sht goes in sht tends to come out :slight_smile:

I’m sorry to break it to you but every single part of the game is pvp think about it:

1. The most obvious, shoot other ship’s.
  2. If you mine an astroid now all of a sudden someone else can’t mine it, its resource pvp.
  3. Same for the market if you put up a lower price than someone else that is pvp.
  4. If you do missions you are diluting the lp value which is also a sort of pvp.
  5. If you do exploration and run a site someone else cannot run that site.
  6. If you build a ship you are buying up mineral’s making minerals more expensive for other players which is a type of pvp.

Literally every part of eve is pvp, so learn to blow ■■■■ up and enjoy being blown up in all sorts of ways.

Let me give an even purer example:

If you are mining in a retreiver someone ganks you and you die you loose 20mil or w.e

Alternate reality
No one gets blown up mineral’s are cheaper you have to farm for an extra hour because you make less isk per hour and you loose 20mil in time/value because no one is being blown up.

Getting blown up seems like the more fun option than your time being worth less.

Thing’s die and cause risk, risk increases reward the universe will always balance itself out.

I believe it is if you can’t formulate a thought Etch you simply don’t post anything. Make this thread easier honestly. I have come up with plenty of ideas, and you are simply a naysayer. Just another childish tactic that if I don’t get on the boat… then I need to be pushed out…:sob:

JJ

no. I have pointed out why they are bad and how they will make the game fundamentally worse.

Ive done that as simply as i can.

Simply repeating NPC’s will replace them over and over isnt a justification.

My thoughts on this are very well formulated. Attempting to get a rise out of me by resorting to insults won’t work.

Your idea is bad and resorting to trolling does not change that :slight_smile:

The point of the post not everyone wants to shoot other ships.

That is what the argument to remove is. Forced gameplay on players that don’t want to engage.

Very week example, but been used more than once. Maybe we start EveMarketKills.

Convicent you are making things up as you go at this point.

mmmmhhmmm

Does it stop… if I type more than you do I will the Forum PvP award?

That is all under the assumption gankers is the only destruction in high sec. They are not NPC can replace ganking all day long, not a issue, and very effective.

JJ

With coding NPC will work very well, you can see this in diamond rats when a FOB spawns in high sec. If we had a variation of a diamond rat in 0.5 up to 1.0, I believe it would be a very balanced inflow of destruction and the need for ganking is no longer needed to support the economy as you would put it.

JJ

ganking isnt good for those new players………but subjecting them to diamond rats is.

This is where the hypocracy is really on show.

If you think this is a viable solution to the problem then new players must be the furthest thing from your mind.

You really should change your name is hard to take you seriously when you write just joking after everything you write xD

Yes I went way beyond what was necessary but if High sec ganking did not exist new players would not be doing any better. They would just be repressed in some other form.

2 Likes

No worries Etch, you miss read my post like usual. Let me clarify, a “variation” of diamond rat in 0.5 up to 1.0 system. This variation to be explained better would be a softer version of a diamond rat depending on the system security status. None of the systems would be a real diamond rat unless of course there was a FOB in the system.

JJ