Nerf Ganking Megathread

I have no likes left, but this is awesome, and ironic at the same time.

1 Like

How do I gank thee? Let me count the ways.
I gank thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach.
When being out of D-scan for the ends of being and ideal grace.
I gank thee to the level of every day’s most quiet need, by sun and laser light.
I gank thee freely, as men strive for right.
I gank thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I gank thee with the passion put to use.
In my old griefs, and with my Griefer’s faith.
I gank thee with a love I seemed to lose with my lost saints.
I gank thee with the breath, smiles, tears, of all my life; and, if God choose,
I shall but gank thee better after death.

5 Likes

Did not expect the ganking poetry slam, heh

2 Likes

That is seriously one of the dumbest mechanics ever. Having that sort of information NOT in the public domain is like one of Japan’s extra special dumb rules. I have actually been told I could not get MY OWN information because of “privacy concerns” in this country. So why in blazes do known criminals have privacy rights regarding their known crimes?? Preposterous!

1 Like

So, what, CCP should force-push CONCORD kill mails to third party services like zKill without player approval of the ESI exposure?

2 Likes

What is it with your willful whacky ridiculous interpretations of what people say?

No. CCP should make Concord kill mails available to third party services because the player has made the conscious choice to violate in-game law. Everyone in a system can clearly see who got Concorded. There is no issue making that public record.

Even more than ganking needs nerfed, anti-ganking needs buffed.

Do you have an example of a recent km where the person fit well and was flying somewhere reasonable (we can argue about what reasonable means later) yet still lost their ship to a gank? I hear a lot of hot air but no proof?

2 Likes

Who is this “you” you are talking to and accusing?

And have you ever heard of “victim blaming”? It seems like you are going the direction of “You deserved to get robbed because you didn’t lock your door, own a guard dog, put bars on your windows AND put your valuables in a top quality safe.”

But you still cant answer my question or provide any proof other than “I say it’s true on the internet, so it must be true.” Not much to go on…

1 Like

Could you clue us in to what is wrong with you?

Despite being directly asked you are not saying who you are responding to.

Further to this, since you have provided no quotes, I cannot determine the relevance of your question nor find a reason why anyone should provide you with proof nor figure out what you want proof for.

Seriously. What’s with you? Surely you know.

Yet even more insults. What a hypocrite.

You of course, how could you not tell?

Jeez, you. :roll_eyes:

I don’t like botters/afk players/super snowflakes who have no clue how the game works other than I want to afk bot in complete safety.

How hard is that to understand? Go cry in another game. Players like you have brought the game to where it is. Next to dead.

I was super surprised to chk and figure out the game was apx 30k in 08 when I started. I thought todays numbers were like back then. :scream:

2 Likes

That’s what player security status is for.

Kill mails are in fact private meta information that players choose to share, same way that they can choose to share their wallet contents, personal e-mail inbox, et cetera. Sounds like you want access to non-roleplay player information for roleplaying reasons, which would be a nice little loophole for you I guess?

3 Likes

Ok, but they are available to third party services? All killmails are. The player simply has to opt in to sharing their killmails with the service, either via ESI or manual push.

The only way to change this would be to, as I said, push CONCORD killmails to third party services without player auth of the ESI.

You are so very much off the rails. There is no cohesion there to anything at all, especially nothing I have said.

And you think CCP listens to me?! I have affected this game so much?! LOL

You think I am being insulting but its actually you insulting yourself. I am actually a bit concerned for your well-being, but yes, admittedly, I am more concerned about the integrity of this forum. Its not like I could call members of your family to check on you, so I have to limit my emotional investment.

First you say they are.

Then you say they aren’t since players have not opted in. :roll_eyes:

If you still want to hold on to that interpretation, go ahead. But those third party services can decline whatever they like.

Nothing is actively pushed out to an ESI right now. It is all about the third party service asking for very specific data, and CCP checking to see if the data falls into a protected class that provides intel (which includes ship fittings, and those are a fundamental component of killmails) - and if so, is the requestor authorized by the subject of the data request to receive the data.

There isn’t a killmail record issued to CONCORD, as CONCORD is not a character and only characters receive killmails, so it’s not like zKill can go ask for all the CONCORD kill mails directly.

More insults and Ridley ranting. You should try staying on topic and answer my question?

1 Like
  • I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again - I don’t think ganking needs any nerfs. Balance is already heavily skewed towards prey. The reason why so many people die is because there is no shortage of people doing stupid stuff.
  • Second, even if all gankning killmails were “pushed” to zkill, it wouldn’t change much. Many gankers already share their killmails, and many victims aren’t using the intel sources at their disposal anyway.
  • Third, you are proposing that a business share non-anonymized information to public websites and 3rd party users without either of the original parties’ consent (victim or prey). That information may not be particularly sensitive, but it’s still an idea that I reject on principle. And you may not have any sympathy for the privacy concerns of gankers, but many victims prefer their privacy as well. They can be embarrassed by certain losses, not want them thrown in their face by turds, and/or prefer not give hunters free intel about when they’re active, where they’re active, how they fit their ships, and the potential value of their loot drop.
    No P2W
5 Likes

This can not be repeated enough.

2 Likes
  1. I am primarily talking about AG. If ganking is nerfed in a way that empowers AG without directly empowering prey, then what’s the problem?

2. If all Concord kill mails were available, it would help AG a ton. It might just be me, but it does seem that fewer gankers are sharing their killmails lately.

3. Your opinion on privacy seems, frankly, to be uninformed, despite the fact you are very informed.

Victims don’t have privacy rights. If the attacker posts the km, whether on this board, in a chat, or on zKill, there it is. And if the ganker wants privacy but the victim posts, that’s that. Half-arsed privacy isn’t privacy. Nobody has any guarantee of this sort of privacy and probably half the time they aren’t getting any. The only difference the remaining half would make is to AGers trying to track the movements of gankers as far as I can see.

If you think privacy is so important you should actually advocate for actual privacy, as in BOTH victim and attacker must register with zkill for a km to appear there AND make it an out of game offense to share a km. Anything short, and its pointless to object to all Concord mails shared with zKill.