Nerf Ganking Megathread

Yikes!

Impressive KB! Nice job of wiping out your own alt’s.

Prove it.

1 Like

Some Ridley’s too (or maybe the majority… I don’t know). Anger issues as well.

Takes some breaths. It’s just a game.

3 Likes

uhhhh

2 Likes

Aiko is a real sweetie. You should just give her a chance, ask her out and see where it goes.

Bruh, the true colours are showing lmao. But back to the topic, I have not been ganked in hs before, but like isnt hs ganking always in the favour of an alert player, or someone who scouts ahead?

destiny is not mentally ill, he is just mercilessly stupid…

1 Like

You could use a praxis or v e n t u r e

And you could catch up on the story by reading my explanation. Giving me advice on a three year old story that’s obviously finished and from a time I was new to the game is extremely dim. Drop it.

Well being attentive will most certainly help, but it’s just one part of the puzzle. In fact, I made a whole list of things you can do to avoid being ganked in the first post if you want to check it out.

Anyway, I do honestly believe that ganking is balanced in favor of prey -and I do think that this is a good thing. There needs to be an area of space where newbros can find their footing, and where the more risk adverse people can hang out (different players have different tolerances for risk, and there is nothing wrong with that).

What gets me though, is how many people seem to think the opposite is true, and that things are balanced in favor of the ganker. I think that at least part of this has to do with people simply not knowing what they are talking about. They don’t know how to harden themselves against ganks, so they assume that their losses must be due to a balance issue. The other part has to do with ego and motivated reasoning. A lot of people seem to have a real problem with admitting their mistakes for some reason, and so they look to blame others, whether it be their enemies, their team mates, balance, or even CCP. Unfortunately for them, this prevents them acknowledging their own shortcomings and mistakes, which prevents them from addressing them. It’s ironic. Their ego -their desire to not admit to themselves that they suck- is the very reason that they suck.

“It’s your fault,” is a loser’s mentality. It locks people into there current level of competency by preventing them from addressing their own faults.

2 Likes

LOL

Yeah, you’re going to have to prove that one buddy. It’s like saying that people with mental disorders are more attracted to homelessness.

No, I’m going to say that you’re trying to tie real data to a false cause. Your argument would be really solid if you intended to say “some people with mental disorders are EVE players.” But that’s not what you said. You said “some gankers, perhaps even a majority.”

You want to know what that is? That’s intellectual dishonesty. I have like a decade of debate experience, and they taught us to spot that ■■■■ from a mile away.

In doing this, you framed the argument in a way that presents gankers as having mental issues, while presenting non-gankers as generally not having mental issues. Then if someone starts arguing against gankers being mentally-diseased psychos, you’ll quickly throw some (real) data at them, which makes it seem like, holy crap, criminals are indeed these mentally-damaged things and obviously, yeah, gankers must be too since they’re criminals. Then you dust off your hands after obliterating yet another stupid kid on an internet forum, and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

And then another dumb, anime-girl-meme-posting internet forum kid comes in, and tells you that this isn’t going to fly, because now you’ll need to do quite a few more things, such as:

• Proving that the incidence rate of mental disorders is higher in the ganker group that in the non-ganker group, and proving that the incidence rate is high enough to be statistically significant.
  • Proving that people with mental disorders are attracted to criminal activity, as opposed to being forced into it for a lack of viable, socially-acceptable options.
  • Proving a correlation between real-life criminal activity and in-game criminal activity.

But you aren’t going to do these things. Like you’ve just babbled for a solid page about me not seriously doing this and that, and not seriously being that or this, now it’s my turn: I fully expect you to just throw another one of your patented “I can’t reason with you” responses (possibly with another mention of being harassed by me and others) and disappear for a few hours.

Dang, dumb anime-girl-meme-posting internet forum kid strikes again.

5 Likes

Okay, you get a like for the meme. But I’m started to get worried that some of the more personal arguments might get this thread locked.

I am not trying to assign blame or pick sides here, and I’m certainly not trying to say that you are the main problem just because I replied to you. I just don’t want the thread to be closed.

So, I’m asking everyone, please concentrate on the issues.

1 Like

I will just hit this and let it go in this thread.

I proved the some gankers part. And since I cannot prove the “perhaps”, as it is opinion, I backed it up with something good enough to base a mere opinion on.

Your charge of intellecual dishonesty is not kosher.

You really didn’t.

Is it statistically likely that among all if the players who gank, at least one has a diagnosable mental disorder? Yes. Statistically likely is, however, not proven, and it is still massively offensive to equate ‘has a mental disorder’ with ‘is a sociopath’ - which was your original claim.

1 Like

I will ask you to erase the above post. The thread creator asked for this to be dropped, and I will not respond to your criticisms anyway, due his request.

Not until you delete all of your posts containing this massively offensive claim. You don’t get to hide behind someone’s request to silence opposition to your ableist rhetoric.

2 Likes

That’s cheeky, coming from someone whose name isn’t on the KB.

We have talked about his before. Many times. You were there remember? There will be other threads. But you arrived late to this one. Me? Hide? That’s totally laughable. Once again we have been through this too many times for you to cough up that crap.

I am not asking you to respect me. I am asking to respect ShipWreck Jones.

This thread is about the many ideas and requests for nerfing ganking. I support some minor nerfs to ganking, but mostly I support buffing AG, so that ganking victims can more realistically hope for, and even attain, revenge. Talk about that.

1 Like

I do respect Shipwreck Jones. His request applies to what you have posted just as much as my response, so again, feel free to practice what you are preaching and remove your comments, and I will remove mine.

1 Like

Once again, the aim of your “some gankers” argument was to frame it in such a way that makes it seem like some gankers have mental conditions, but no/much fewer non-gankers have mental conditions by comparison. You worded it in such a manner, and provided just the right kind of data, to be able to weasel out of this when someone like me who’s actually been trained to spot this stuff calls you out on it, but if it so happens that no one does call you out on it, you would continue framing the argument as gankers being generally more brain-sick than non-gankers, in order to push your personal agenda.

That’s why you’re intellectually-dishonest.

1 Like