Nerf Ganking Megathread

I didn’t say it Shipwreck Jones did, sounds like your trolling using a stalking horse. Very good strategy except i am calling it out. It was not my point. It was his.

You may want to address the original point, oh wait you can’t.

No it wasn’t.

You said “no MMO”. Clearly that doesn’t imply “one MMO”.

If you are going to guacamole space lawyer this issue like a Texan, then at least get the language right.

3 Likes

An implied caveat only need be spelled out to the ignorant. But is it worth it? You were so good at working the mystery out that your argument betrays your intent.

How is it a manipulation of the economy for CCP to not restrict player corpses from looting? It’s actually a lack of manipulation in the economy - CCP aren’t out there selling all these items to players, after all. They don’t sell ISK to players, either, only PLEX, so it is up to the player to decide how to use - and of other players are willing to trade them ISK for their PLEX, that’s a transaction between players, not manipulation by CCP.

1 Like

What’s my intent?

Theft is part of the game though, so is ganking, it’s part of the sandbox.

Without both Eve would be so boring.

1 Like

Wrong. Zkill doesn’t register all deaths, cupcake. Not even half of them. And nobody gives a damn about you being bad at a PVP game and wanting a refund. Deal with it.

1 Like

You can have all the ISK in the world and still be a terrible pilot ROFL.

1 Like
  • Many players like their games to be challenging.
  • Many of Eve’s players were attracted by the promise of a dangerous and exciting universe, which suicide ganking helps to achieve. In fact, if it weren’t for suicide ganking, players could completely opt out of PvP in HS.
  • Adversity makes achievements more meaningful.

To add to this: If you disagree with these points, EVE is not the game for you and you should go back to Farmville.

Yes. This is what makes the game great.

Which implies, there is nothing you can do to prevent be ganked at a gate.

Have you tried A: not being completely antisocial, and B: having a scout?

Who gives a ■■■■. Yes, you can get ganked at any time, for any reason. That’s what makes EVE fun, and if you don’t like it then go play WoW.

Indeed that’s very true , 2 days ago we received a killright for a Jita ganker , we wanted to try and alpha him ,as we often hunt them they try and run way and hug the gate , anyway that worked out well but the other Thrasher sat there with no way to kill him other than ganking .

So we logged on our ALTs , knowing jita gate guns are on the ball we wanted to see what it would take , we had 3 ships a T1 Thrasher and 2 T2 cats , we got him with the Thrasher and one cat and what great fun it was.

Now here’s the thing you say , 2 ships for one , not worth it but people have been giving us ships and equipment to fight gankers for a long time and now it’s time to use it .

Kill rights have there place if people sent us them as does ganking , it’s not easy but practice makes perfect and that’s what we will be doing .

Join us and gank gankers now

4 Likes

A serial killer that preys on serial killers is still a serial killer. Thus, it stands to reason that it doesn’t matter what your motivations or targets are -if you suicide gank, you are a suicide ganker. That means that if you are truly committed to anti-ganking, you will either begin ganking yourselves, or stop ganking gankers.

Check and mate.

No P2W

2 Likes

Which only matters if one applies an emotive, morally relativistic view to the act, which in itself is a non-issue if one stops listening to the sore losers of this game.

1 Like

If you commit a crime on your alt, that makes YOU a criminal.

Never forget Rion Bancroft (say his name). A literal newbro miner, a hapless little mining guy who wanted a safe place to mine. I took pity on him, not being the kind of person who griefs new players, and let him join my Highsec mining guild.

Then Githany and her friends came on their alts, and they ganked him, and they laughed about it and celebrated in local. They were the griefers that day, and they griefed a new player out of the game.

Once you start down the slippery slope of ganking, you might think you are the law and you can decide who is and isn’t deserving of a gank, but in the end you are just following in the footsteps of James 315.

3 Likes

He still plays , seen him the other day around jita

More lies from the ganker.

What!??

1 Like

You had to edit that ?:blush:

What can I say? Cell phones are temperamental creatures.

Edit: either that or the shock of seeing Aiko standing the ground against ganking.

1 Like