Nerf Ganking Megathread

Surely, it is CCP which creates the environment in which we play, and fashions the rules which regulate the operation of that environment.

These rules permit us to ruin your day as they permit you to ruin ours. If you choose not to avail yourself of the many opportunities to do so - that is a choice you make, an example of one of your freedoms.

If you’re going to lecture us about ‘the social contract’, you might at least demonstrate how such a real-world construct can be proven to be viable in a video game whose designers have knowingly, and therefore deliberately, ignored it.

1 Like

ppl do not have to gank you to screw with you…how about a mining fleet taking the rocks out from under you? How about a mining fleet with C crystals stalking you for the very purpose of doing just that?

I think you would cry even harder and rage quit…or turn into a ganker yourself…at this point i would say the former, meaning this game is not for you.

They aren’t tho?

You’re literally playing an open world PvP game LOL.

Actually that isn’t what it is.

This isn’t a given. You gotta fight to stay alive my friend.

1. It is PvP
  2. What medical expertise do you possess to make a diagnosis like that?

I really wanna do this LOL.

2 Likes

Would you enjoy mining so much if you didn’t make any isk doing it?

This really is one of those “careful what you wish for things”. If we didn’t have gankers then high sec ships would be for life. And if no one is building or working to replace materials and ships that are lost Ore would devalue pretty quickly.

As for this “social contract” thing. Why does CCP give all new players a pop up on their first undock warning them no space is safe and other players attacking is a risk? Why does CCP market the game on the ability to create and prevent loss?

I mine 2 or 3 days a week. I don’t think I’ve seen a ganker in months. Why? I don’t mine right next to where gankers live. I make an effort to get to know people in the space I frequent.

This is a problem that can be solved simple by flying for 20 minutes to the edges of high sec. But as ever hours whining in a forum is a much better use of time than 20 minutes of in game effort.

1 Like

JFC people, stop arguing with the false-flagger.

Like bubbles and combat probes aren’t a thing. How about you claim some sovereignty or erect a structure. Easy peasy combat.

Bubbles only exist in null-sec (not including wormholes, where there are no gates), and there are interdiction nullifiers that completely negate them. Also, even with the amazing luck of having probes perfectly aligned on someone who jumps in, it would be impossible to probe down the target, warp to it, and tackle before it warps away. Even something like a 25-second align time freighter would be able to casually warp away before the tackle gets on grid.

So you’re proposing something that would make it impossible to catch anyone while traveling in high-sec or low-sec space.

1 Like

You’re just being entitled. I worked more for open world pvp kills in WoW than I ever did gate camping. You all just think because it’s near you that you deserve it, but you don’t. They should have a chance and an actual fight should occur instead of these one sided clown shows.

Real pvpers will chase a target for hours.

1 Like

There seems to be a lot of confusion about CONCORD.

@CCP_Hellmar will correct me if I’m wrong.

So here’s the deal. CONCORD is like the inflatable bumpers in the gutter, when you go bowling. You sit down, roll your ball, and CONCORD helps you stay on track.

Highsec is a training ground for new players, a SAFE space where they can practice with the assurance that CONCORD will save them within X seconds. CONCORD is an automatic defense umbrella! Each player is able to plan accordingly. All you have to do is survive for X seconds, and you are invincible.

Elite PvPers, bored of nullblobbery, are allowed to gank. For them, CONCORD is a handicap, guaranteed to destroy them within X seconds. They embrace this challenge, and do their best to kill you, but this isn’t griefing - they are just playing the game with a handicap, and they are (in fact) the best players in the game.

5 Likes

You wouldn’t know.

1 Like

I actually do, but you’re just a totally presumptuous clueless player.

Nope. Your entire exposure to PvP in EVE is being a gank victim a handful of times.

1 Like

Your unprofessionalism is what kills eve. You’d be a better troll if you simply didn’t presume all the time.

You sound very upset right now.

1 Like

Projection. I’m laughing my ass off.

I’m sure you are!

You failed the litmus test. They should hire me instead.

Could you explain to me how you would go about hunting someone based on the change you suggested?

They have a couple of scanners trying to scan you down while you’re jumping around to prevent a lock on and using dscan while warping to figure out where it’s safe to go and where it’s not. Hell, they could make it easier for the gankers and have something pop up on overview for 15 seconds making it where anyone in the system sees it and can initiate warp to it. Because as it stands, for a lot of the revolving door portion of eve, the whole gate gamp thing is a real turn off primarily because unless you have a bigger force, there is no way to fight back. It’s akin to spawn camping in a fps. People leave servers in those instances too.