Nested Replies disabled

If you’re going to Redditize the place, add downvotes so I can give one to this change.

1 Like

Nested replies were disabled this morning. Thank you all for the feedback but it is quite clear it needs work before it can be reimplemented.

Regards

Buldath

6 Likes

lol nesting replies needs a forum permit LOOOOOLMAO

2 Likes

It was worth a try! :+1:

1 Like

No it was not

Why not? Though confusing, it was a bit fun trying to sort through it all. And you never know how something experimental will work out unless you try it.

3 Likes

I think Double DPS Tuesdays are worth a try.

1 Like

So, you don’t like it either. :laughing:

I stand by what I said.

Thanks for listening. I kind of expected us to be stuck with the mess for several weeks before it was fixed.

If you guys really want to do nested, I think it is possible to do so without being a huge headache. On the server side, you can store both the timestamp of the post and who each comment replied to. Have the default view be forum mode display in chronological order. If comment 30 replies to comment 7, allow a link to comment 7.

And as a non-default mode, you can allow people to select nested. But if you do that, make sure the “show replies” actually works. During your experiment, it had issues displaying things below 4 layers properly, either not displaying at all, or just becoming a waterfall of comments without nesting. It seems you guys really want to reimplemsent this and if you do make sure it works for the possibility of thousands of nested layers and not be like YouTube which breaks nesting after a few layers, which is actually the worst of both worlds.

1 Like

Don’t ever let your crappy ingame UI dev touch these forums again.

If some ingame UI was good for 2000s, you can’t hold it against Eve for having it now. Although maybe I’m mistaken but I swear games made around the same time as Eve looked better.

This current UI is like a year or two old, it’s not early 2000’s. 2003 EvE UI had style and purpose. Not “How many drab and oversized boxes can we put everywhere?”.

Will you two be quiet already please? :wink: Don’t make FC bring this abomination to the table ever again please:

1 Like

Now that nested replies are gone I can finally properly see new replies. :thinking:

:psyccp:

6 Likes

Crazy! Simple solutions work best. Who would have tought that?

1 Like

Maybe FC will set nested view as default and sell Nested View Disabling Permits for 1 bil ISK per month in the future. :thinking:

:psyccp:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.