New Bank of New Eden

Imma need RL credit score and any proof you have of paying back un collateralized money. Eve is real.

That’s fine you just answered them (2 of them) that wasn’t so hard was it?

I’m not trolling you. You must understand that since you have no background in EvE you are incredibly likely to run off with everyone’s money. Since nobody of substance will vouch for you, you are incredibly likely to run off with everyone’s money. Since you have no experience with EvE you are incredibly likely to lose everyone’s money trading badly and since you fail to understand the fact that you are asking for loans, we can only assume you have no financial knowledge what so ever.

But yeah, maybe you are the first legit EvE bank… We shall see… :slowparrot:

(remember, being told truths you don’t enjoy is not trolling provided the truths are on topic)

I understand your concerns. All I can say is results - actions speak louder than words.

• September 30th Dividend - 1.19M isk per share returned.

• October 31st Dividend, projected to be higher (the amount of profits are higher currently and we are not at the end of the month yet.)

All the banks worked legit long enough to get a bunch of people to invest. That’s how the scam works. It’s easy to have enough capital stored to cover “fake” interest payments long enough for people to look at your API and think you’re legit.

I could make a website, get a few small investors and fund the interest payments myself as a publicity fee. As soon as the ball is rolling and you have a few multi billion ISK investors the rest will see those initial payments through the transparent API and throw their cash in too. Pretty quickly you end up at critical mass where you can no longer afford to keep up with everyone’s interest payments, but by then it’s fine because you have everyone’s capital and there’s NOTHING stopping you from just bio-massing the character and starting a new one with everyone’s cash.

That’s why previous history and vouches from other trusted folks are the only thing that matters here. Because it’s a game and nobody can sue you when you bog off with their wonga.

You seem to be an expert on player-run banks. How did E-Bank start then - was that a scam from day one?

They amassed 1.2T isk I believe, until one of the CEOS did a nice trick with the corp votes and kicked the other two out.

Was that a scam from day one?

Almost definitely yes.

1 Like

Then I guess your mind is made up, and your opinion cannot change. What I mean is, you assume all player-run banks are scams.

This screams to my innards to avoid. Not because of its substance but due to your handling of people. Ty gbye

Goodbye.

Absolutely, and rightly so. Only when they prove themselves different by being open about their strategy and having an actual working plan that survives discussion will I consider the idea that they might not be scamming.

It’s interesting that you use E-Bank as an example, since even with maximum fail safes in place it still went the same way as ALL THE OTHER BANKS. The guy with all the cash decided several thousand real world dollars are worth more than his video game honor and just took it all, and there’s nothing anyone can do about it.

My qualifications are that i have seen this happen over and over. As i said, we will see won’t we?

Understood. Even though ISK isn’t real and RMT is banned - ISK is still an in-game currency.

I get your point though about nothing anyone can do about it. It’s just a shame CCP don’t support player-run banks natively, and it is up to those with the balls to have a go themselves to try to fumble their way through the interface.

Which others? I was only aware of EBank.

RMT is a bannable offence yes, but when you’re talking in terms of thousands of bucks of real world money being banned from a video game is less of an issue. Consider tho, that the biggest loss to that guy was his name. He can roll a new account but he takes no trust with him. He can tell people he is the old guy but then still no trust. My point is that a “name” that is associated with successful deals and honesty is the most important thing you can have here in MD. If it is not your name that has these connotations attached, it can be someone else who has proven themselves trustworthy who vouches that they consider you trustworthy.

These things are the only security (aside from collateral) that exist in the EvE financial world. You must provide security assurances against the possibility that you are attempting a scam. More than just “how dare you ask me for assurance, read my website and stop asking these difficult questions”.

1 Like

Mate, you mentioned bankS here :

so i assumed you had done some small amount of research.

There was also EVE Intergalactic Bank which scammed everyone out of well over 800 Billion, dwarfing EBanks 200 / 450 Billion theft.

Dynasty Bank netted 80 Billion in scammed ISK.

Titans4U was an investment scam (not bank but same deal, people invest cash for interest) which netted a whopping 850 Billion ISK in scammed ISK / assets.

Just to name a few…

Tell us how you are different? Serious question.

It was more.

What makes the New Bank of New Eden any different?

• We send regular updates (a report every three days) to our investors via the bank’s mailing list (NBONE Investors). The report contains a breakdown of all assets held by the bank - in what wallet divisions. Also any investing projects underway with the bank are all disclosed.

• Everything is audit trailed. All wallet transfers and transactions use reason codes to track why the money was moved, and for what reason.

• We collateralise all loans for much greater than the value of the loan itself

• Bank McBanks is a sole CEO, so a repeat of the E-Bank scam (in 2009) won’t happen - there aren’t multiple CEOs who could conspire to take over the bank, and there are not any roles who would have access to hostile takeover the bank.

• Bank McBanks always holds more than 51% of the shares in the bank - A hostile takeover is not possible.

• We maintain a website (http://newbankofneweden.wordpress.com/) - the one you are looking at :slight_smile: The website contains a copy of the investor report sent to the mailing list, for extra transparency.

• We update the progress of our trading projects on the website.

No it wasn’t. The theft was 200 Billion, there is an extra approx 250B that the scammer lent out suspiciously right before he took the 200B which brings it to 450B in theft.

When the title says 1.2 Trillion in the red, it does not mean 1.2 Trillion was “stolen”. I was speaking purely of deliberate stolen cash rather than collateral losses that are a result of the theft.

Who is “We”. It it just you?

The fact they had multiple CEO’s was the only reason EBank didn’t totally fold. They lost all the isk despite the control measures. Your plan is to remove all control measures?

Thanks for the reply to my questions. Genuinely.

I don’t trust anyone else fully - other than myself (and you still gotta be balanced on that lol!). If I let anyone else into the corp, it would be less secure in my opinion. Two directors - bad idea. Three - same thing like EBank could happen.

Do you understand that EBanks system of splitting deposits among several cashiers was the ONLY reason any ISK at all was salvaged? Even though they had one person who was (proven) untrustworthy he was only able to steal like 20% or something of the total pot. Many people actually got their cash back out before EBank folded purely due to that safety net.

Will you really have no safety net at all?