New Dawn - New Quadrant

EVE Universe is available now.

But there seems to be something is wrong with the new EVE Universe pages. While pages like New Eden News scroll me right up to the top of the page when I open it other pages like Short Stories, Empires and Scientific News start me scrolled to the very end of the page and I have to scroll up manually. In general, though, this scrolling to the top when you load a page is very unnecessary. Is this dynamic page switching fancy so important to contemporary website designers that they forego actually useful design (ie. just start me at the top of a page when I load it) and in the process even mess up the code?

@CCP_Fleebix said something about “presentation matters” yesterday. This is rather awkward presentation, if you ask me. Let’s just hope that this poor presentation does not foreshadow the quality of the coming features and changes in December.

On the matter of “lore focus” that CCP called out a few months ago for a quadrant: It is quite sad to see just how little actual lore has been written down. New Eden News are a trickle compared to the past. No new Chronicle in years and even before that it had been but a pale shadow of the early days of EVE. A real pity to see it in actual numbers now. :frowning:

One positive thing though: It’s very handy that the YC year lists show the actual now-time-year in the tooltip. That makes it easier to put releases into perspective. A small silver lining. :slight_smile:

REDNES

2 Likes