New GUI : eye problems - headache

being back from vaccation and being forced to use this new GUI since 3 days by now, following problems have come up :

grafik

Size of these clickable icons is far to small, it creates eye strain and headache after 1 to 1.5 hours of gameplay.
Taking part in fleets which need longer, or more hours to play on an evening or weekend, becomes impossible.

I did not put 350 € into the game to prolong my account during halloween offers to have the game made impossible to play because of a new GUI I cannot deactivate.

I am speaking here NOT of not liking this (which is true, of course) but of health issues.

2 Likes

Set the system colors back to the old previous style.

I cannot even see what security status Todifrauan has , the dark red here overlaps with the background and makes it almost impossible to see:

grafik

1 Like

These clickable icons are far to large … reduce them in size, make them the size of the old GUI.

grafik

Question to CCP:
Why the heck having the icons in “Selected Items” window so much smaller, but having this so much increase in size? Where is the logic in this? In the old which was far better to play they were at least somewhere equally in size, at least in my opinion.

1 Like

reduce fitting screen to its previous sizes of the old GUI … about 90% ? 85%?

Anyway the whole window seems to take to much place and much more than before on my screen :
I am playing on a regular PC screen, game is set 1600 x 900 pixel

Again: far to big icons here

Give me the old size from the good previous GUI or give me the option to select the icon size by myself. Bu tthis just takes to much space away on the screen.

grafik

1 Like

Again:

This red color is far to dark , difficult to read, and gives me severe eye strain after some time.
It just cannot be that you CCP bring in a new GUI which cause health issues on my side.

grafik

1 Like

Why is the “Drones in Space” bar so far below? Why not above below the last drone group?

grafik

Change this back to the previous style where the “Drones in Space” where listed directly below the drones in bay

1 Like

After updating my computer last sunday my whole overview was gone, empty. Even importing old exported settings did not work.

After testing around I found out: in “Tab Name” the field length was limited to about 15 chars, and so my old overview of “<fontsize=13>MAIN” (simple HTML tags) did not work anymore and I had to rebuild it.

Come on CCP lads … this is just bad, destroying peoples self-made overview by reducing the field size for this in the database?

grafik

Also the vertical spacing here just sucks … but you devs failed to correct the spacing since the introduction of the new skill window .
As I doubt that you are incompetence to reduce the spacing I have to assume you (devs? CCP? Management ? ) do not want to reduce / remove the spacing , but why? Making this to some bad excuse tablet / handy game?

I don’t know but for the past (skill window) I just accepted it, filled it up and never locked into it again.
But now, with the whole game giving me eye strain and headache I get to the ponit that playing something else which does not affect my health would be more suited for me.

1 Like

Come on … these colors are just awful , are we now in some kindergarden where children are playing with water colors?
Give at least an option for our own clients to get the old colors back.

grafik

2 Likes

Again : the spacing and sizes:

1. reduce the size of the group buttons and icons in the skill window:

grafik

1. reduce the size of the buttons here and remove the spacing:

grafik

I want at least that amount of information I had on the old prevous skill window.
Is that really to much to ask from a paying subscriber?

2 Likes

It’s hard to see the yellow gate in the overview for the next system in your route. The yellow isn’t easy enough to discern from the white gates not on the route.

1 Like

Overview :

Trying to do any changes here leads to lags on the screen.
This did not happen on the old GUI.
I thought you CCP claimed the new GUI would be an improvement?

2 Likes

Docking / Docked:

Give me a button in Game Settings to deactivate the player station dock, it causes to much lacks on my side and since that new docking area was implemented I do not dock inside player stations anymore (except sometimes Tranquility Tower for trading).

1 Like

When docked:

reduce the “Undock” button, the width is far to much and the height could also be reduced a bit.

Also reduce the size of the docked chars (Guest list) , just take the values from the old GUI and it will be OK again

grafik

fortunately there is a “compact mode” to reduce all the oversized icons. So, i used the game options to set “compact mode” as default for all windows, and then switched only the hangars back to “oversized” to see the used m³

This workaround unfotunately doesn’t help anything with the totally messed up colors & transparencies.

1 Like

So the new color palette works wonders for the “squares that you see as a route”; but it’s too “wide” to be always visible against backgrounds when used to color the fonts.

A reasonable solution would be to color fonts only in term of “is highsec/lowsec/null” instead of based on the value of the secstatus.

That one’s a New Map specific thing. I would say that the old map does a better job here. The red is just as dark, but you don’t have distracting and interrupting background elements which interfere with the data display as much.

grafik

how are you Aiko

Fun Fact: The only icon you actually need to use is the smallest one… to recover your probes

2 Likes

oh hi!