And we shall call it ‘The Homer’
Just give is a Deathless cruiser-sized hybrid hull with a mining hold.
Last year when I started, I watched a video on how to make a lot of isk and it told alphas to jump in a venture and mine Pochven. I was doing okay there but when I bought my omega, I started PI farming which is not active at all. In fact, PI farms free you up to do other PvP and PvE activities. Otherwise you are stuck there mining until you can afford a ship to lose. This is why I still firmly believe, they need better game mechanics, to keep me active in mining, or go the PI route and make it an AFK activity.
I agree with this too. What good are those drones if they cannot protect you?
I guess if you like watching paint dry or grass grow. Go for it!
I already play a version of that called Endless Sky free game. It has plugins too. If they made it multiplayer they could get a following on it. But then cheats would be a huge issue. I found it on Steam but it has been out there for a long time. The problem with offline games is their shelf life. One of those games you take down, dust it off, play for a few days and place it back up on the shelf. Besides the topic is about mining ship strengths and not about population or popularity.
I think that was covered in the fact you can mine in destroyers to battleships.
Eve Offline is a website that tracks the amount of people logged into Eve by polling the numbers multiple times an hour - provided by Chribba IIRC.
It also used to refer to a parody flash based game which was basically using a Tristan to play Asteroids by shooting at red crosses.
I dont like either of those…its boring. ![]()
Mining is a perfect activity to make money while holding a meeting and draft plans for the corporation, delegate jobs, evaluate operations or analyze intel or kill reports.
Just today I made roughly a billion ISK with WH gas while talking with some friends and giving them advice for a defense OP, created some SKINR drafts to use as additional income and made plans for improving the profitability of our industry chain.
The great thing is that you only need to have 1 “guardsman” who watches the entry or checks for freshly spawning signatures and warps the fleet in case something bad happens. And all the rest of the crew can do other things.
Thats why basically no one really needs Mining Ships that can fight. If you pay attention you barely are caught at all and if you want to fight you simply reship in a proper fighting ship. The problem with “mining ships that can fight” is that against a real combat ship they will lose anyway, and if you make them so strong that they don’t, people would begin to use the mining ships as primary combat ships instead.
You know we used to mine before mining holds existed right?
You know that ore gets mined faster now, yes?
Yes i am, and you can still manage to mine without an ore hold pretty easily, the same way we used to do it before ore holds existed
So what is your point exactly?
PARODY?! It was legit! ![]()
Holy Hell! I managed to summon the God of Veldspar.
Back in the day, mining was accomplished by using destroyers; here is an example of a combat fit 4x mining laser Catalyst. Not a bad fit for a mining ship when we didn’t have barges. Most of the time we would have to exit the ship and fist punch the asteroid to get the ore. Times change.
There were times when I would fit up a Thorax, Brutix and even a Megathron. Mining in a Megathron back then, was considered luxury.
Here is an example of a combat mining Megathron, drone combat. Eventually, the battleship to use for mining was the Myrm given all of its drone and Hybrid bonuses. By the time the Myrm was becoming popular for mining is when the mining barges started rolling out.
No one dared to attack a Megathron back then. Like I said, luxury.
Miners tend to go on as if its just miners who get ganked. But in fact any ship can be ganked…for example already today there’s 3 Golems and a Kronos ganked in highsec. I’ve seen a Vargur being ganked right outside Jita on one occassion.
Meanwhile I’m flying around today in a 1200 DPS ENI, just 90m ISK and no bling. Expendable…and not worth ganking anyway.
90% of the industry that fuels this game, is done in HS.
Introduce better mining ships that can’t be used in HS, and you will see Sharp price increases in everything, as the big multiboxers move from HS, into Null umbrellas.
Not entirely sure where you get this number from… I think it’s a tad “optimistic”…
10% is null blocks 90% is the HS Indi corps.
Its probably different but from my 2 years in Null, Most the indi done down there was only for the block, and not for the public market.


