New patch = motion sick

Was hoping there would be a patch today, Or, Um any Dev to talk about this problem,

Or is it such a small number, its not a problem?

Or, is it figured out, and we are just waiting on it being coded. I have openly volunteered to be a genii pig and this is what I get “they will be noted here and then forwarded to our technical team.”

I want to help,

I want the option to Play Eve

1 Like

Daily bump for dev visibility

well its not a bug. So getting sick is working as intended

hey this is a good point, i think the dot pattern is part of the problem

the dots which appear when you click on something are distracting

@CCP_Swift @anyone there? @Arsia_Elkin

Can we get rid of this faint dot pattern on windows? It’s definitely causing eye strain, and is certainly contributing to the motion sickness some people report.

An option to remove these dots would be ideal, it causes the eyes to focus and refocus and blur as you try to read text and see things.

3 Likes

The motion sickness issues are something the teams are investigating, will absolutely make sure they’re aware of the potential interaction with the in-focus window background.

5 Likes

Maybe experiment with your camera inertia?

A smooth and slowly accellerating camera creates a nice cinematic effect, but can cause motion sickness. I like mine to instantly reposition instead, when I move the camera to look at the grid from other angles.

Try it stiff with high sensitivity, it may go better that way.

Appreciate the idea, it’s sitting still.

I found a horrible work around I’ll post later.

But since that works, it’s almost certainly rouge pixels,

But let’s just say my gpu is not happy with it, and I’m not gaining anything but smoothing out pixels, save being not sick, but it’s making my gpu work 8 times harder

Confirmed Myself as well

Would not be surprised that these dots are whats causing me problems, I assume its location dots, for the New UI

just lighter than Aiko on my screen

@Aiko_Danuja Confirmed what you found

I think one of the things that cause this may be the white transitions.

Whenever I click on a button in Photon, the button flashes bright white. With the rest of the game generally being dark, this means our eyes have to adjust for looking into very bright objects for a fraction of a second whenever we click confirm buttons while navigating through the UI.

Just speculating here, but I guess it causes pupillary responses, which if we do it often enough could explain some of the eye strain?

Before photon, i had that issue with bright warp while the game was dark

Limit your exposure. For me it’s no more than 2 hours before I get dizzy, headaches and watery eyes.

Without the scaling eve to 4k, then downscaling it to normal, I Last 15 seconds before puking

1 Like

I take it The dots are to stay, since they are on sisi?

Took what ? 2y ? To remove red dot chilli pepper.
Now the dev who did it also left the bloat, so don’t expect it to be any time or sooner.

right but the red dot was annoying vs potentially the cause of making people sick

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.