New safe space where no one would dare to shoot you down

Right. What statistic did I make up?

Correct. When they do, we shoot them and make their ship dead.

Edit:
If you want to read it, the following is a writeup on what CCP’s actual statistics are, as presented in FanFest 2015:

Your Foot -----> Your Mouth

1 Like

You sound silly. The statistic you’re trying to belittle is the result of actual research, rather than yours which is made of imaginary pubes.

Poorly thought out and bad for the game.

2 Likes

As others have pointed out, a lot of data has been released around this subject.

Players who get blown up illegally stick around longest. So attacking people doesn’t make people quit, well not nearly as much as letting players run pve all the time does.

Players don’t want to run the same pve for years, thats regardless of the game you’re talking about. Wow has to constantly reinvent itself or its hemorrhages players. Ccp doesn’t really have the resources to do that but luckily pvp is really really good at retaining players.

Just another carebear that doesn’t know it’s arse from it’s elbow.

How does this even work, given in game lore and technology?

Also… NO. Terribad idea.

EDIT: Updated to correct the actual person who made the above quote.

@Jint_Hikaru I think you botched the quote…pretty sure Daichi did not write that…

1 Like

(In response to Goons defending)

Yeah because of people like me who don’t want to live in safe space. I’m definitely a pure pvp girl :wink: can’t rat for more than an hour before I quit for a month.

Any pvp hungry organization is going to be a similarly safe space for any miners - and any smart corp will learn how to love and value their miners as an asset.

Oh hell no i didn’t. Lol.

2 Likes

Sorry Dalchi, my forum-fu was weak. Have corrected my post.
Thanks for calling out my error Teckos.

No worries, we’ve all goobered up a quote…

I love high sec, that being said I vote we drop all sec status, make everything 0.0 AND!!! No SOV, if there is going to be no high sec then by God let scorch earth policy be the rule of the day, total and utter chaos, burn everything I say, and I’m not kidding, you want this let’s do it.

I took a few hours before responding as I wanted to carefully consider the OP. I don’t really think a new section of space, or redesignation, is necessary. Rather, the simplest answer is simply to never leave 1.0 sec unless you are willing to travel to another 1.0 sec. Yes, you may still get shot at, but Concord response is almost instant, thus you will never be podded. However, you will also lose many opportunities, especially for rarer ores if you are mining. Yes, you will still run the risk of possible encounter by CODE/James315, but given how most of them have a -5 or lower sec rating, you will be reasonably safe as Concord/Faction Navy will usually get to them before they can get to you. Really, there isn’t any need for a new section/system or system designation. I have chosen to mine/live in lowsec. Yes, I take considerable risk doing so, ranging from getting gate-ganked (yesterday was the fifth or sixth, oh well) to being ganked by pirates (yes, I have the kill report to prove it happens, but at least they don’t pod you), but I feel that the risk is worth the reward. Eve is NOT supposed to be a safe haven. Eve is Eve. I’d like it to stay that way.

1 Like

No more TROLL
No the idea of first come first serve sites has Never been done.
NO there is no point in history of this option.
And not even your posting dares to make such a false claim of trying this ever before.
And now you need to be blocked for making your Trolling Intentions Clear.
And finally, we could have any non Trolls actually discuss this forum posting called…
New safe space no one would shoot you down

How about being able to have your own POS that other people need your permission to enter?

This comment was made in response to someone else suggesting that there should not be and has never been a place in EVE for people to be able to determine if others can access.

I think you misunderstood Bruhah’s post.

My post was entirely in response to the OP. I really do no think that creating a “safe” haven in Eve is necessary, nor particularly desirable. I am of the opinion, and it is merely my opinion, that 1.0 sec is sufficient. There is no need for a new game mechanic in this regard, unless you want for a beefier response time from Concord in 1.0 and 0.9 sec. Outside of that, there is no point in making any changes as outlined in the OP. As for POS, I was under the impression that those were being phased out in favor of Upwell Structures. Whatever.

1 Like

Yeah that’s correct.

Regardless of whether or not it has been discussed before, it’s still a dumb idea.
You might be able to salvage it by setting everyone who enters the site after the first person suspect; I wouldn’t be offended by that idea.
Want to be the only person in your site? Fight for it.

I didn’t say it had. I said a lot of data has been recorded around ‘griefing’ and player retention. Your suggestion that players are leaving cause they are under attack from other players has been debunked.

THEN on top of that your idea is dumb because isolating players makes them leave sooner.

1 Like

Indeed. I have already posted this and the link…but guess it takes more than once for the message to sink in. Emphasis added this time.

We have tried and tried to validate the myth that griefing has a pronounced affect on new players - we have failed. The strongest indicators for a new player staying with EVE are associated with social activity: joining corps, using market and contract systems, pvping, etc. Isolating players away from the actual sandbox seems very contrary to what we would like to accomplish.CCP_Rise

2 Likes

Yea so maybe this ain’t the game for you…

1 Like