New settings layout is stupid

Computer screens are wide and low (16:10 and up). Like this sentence.

New
settings
are
narrow
and
super
tall.
First
use
up
the
width
of
the
screen,
then
start
scroll.

Hope its obvious by now why its so extremely stupid.

29 Likes

The setting layout is now perfect. Don’t change anything.

it is objectively bad, half of the screen is wasted for no reason. Making is cover the full screen is also objectively worse then before.

9 Likes

Now that I’ve actually looked at the settings changes, I’ve changed my mind. It’s utterly awful. I suppose we could all turn our screens on their side when we go into the settings though. Who thought this was a good idea?

5 Likes

I
mean
seriously
is
anyone
there
with
UW
display
?

10 Likes

You need to rotate your display 90 degrees. Fixed the issue for me.

12 Likes

I have to say this update is pretty awesome overall but the new escape menu is really ruining it.

Like many players, I use the left side of the screen for other tabs (and previews of other clients). By forcing the escape menu to the left and fullscreen, many of the settings are now covered up, including the buttons to “log off” and “return to game”.

Please give us the option to make the menu “float” like all other fullscreen menus in this game. Or failing that, at least center the menu so people don’t have to crane their necks on 4k/ultrawide screen and close all other programs just to use a simple menu.

3 Likes

It does seem like it was designed to be resized, so it’s odd that it is currently full-screen only. Agree that there is a great deal of unused space.

2 Likes

You still haven’t fixed it? for real? talking abt sleeping on the job…

4 Likes

This new escape menu is absolutely godawful. I would love to know why anyone thought this needed updating, and how on earth this design got greenlit, but that’s the more ranty end of my feedback.

The left hand alignment and wide open space is awkward to look at and use, do not like. What did the rest of my monitor do to offend you? Lots of us play multiple accounts across multiple monitors, I have to turn my head even further to the left now on that account to see the menu options.

Full screen menus are BAD in Eve, the last thing I need whilst in space and needing to change a quick setting is to suddenly not see anything that is going on around me, or be able to see local change. This menu will literally kill people’s ships, probably not that often, but I guarantee it’s going to happen to someone.

Floating menu in the centre of the screen was perfect, this new menu is absolutely awful. Change it back asap CCPlease.

10 Likes

The Dev’s who think up these changes need to actually play the game first before being allowed to implement their hairbrained ideas.

10 Likes

Pls revert this atrocity

2 Likes

not only the settings menu/window was perfect AS IT WAS before, IT DIDN’T NEED ANY FIX, OR ADJUSTMENT AND IT WASN’T BROKEN.
CCP: is that thing working guys?
Also CCP: let’s break it.

2 Likes

Just revert the settings menu change.

Changing stuff just for the sake of changing stuff is never a good idea, especially when it’s such a bad change compared to the previous version.

Also, no window in eve should ever default to full screen.

2 Likes

Who’s the genius designer that came up with this layout?
Who’s the zombie that approved it!?
Do you guys don’t have QA done by someone who’s not under 16 with rainbow colored hair?
Really, send the responsible people for this back to licking stamps and haffing glue and get actual professional UI designers with a decent portfolio to work on the client facing portion of all your projects!

:face_vomiting:

20 years of doing this you people still haven’t learned the basics of UI. This is a disgrace. Please stop using juniors and aspirational amateurs to handle the front facing portion of your products.
The launcher is a bugy visual disaster, the settings page has been photoned up worse than Elon’s Spaceship launch and the mobile app has been dead for longer than my intermittent Omega status.

Stop annoying your player base! We will not shut up and consume product mindlessly because you decide to not provide anything better than crap!

I also assume nothing will be done about these things and that will be visible in the financial report. :unamused:

6 Likes

with the old one id hit escape and still see everything under it clearly as i changed a setting or two then hit escape to close it. new one is just bad.

that and i had to spend 4+ hours setting up all my uis on 8 chars and redoing all my settings because this update reset all of it. and I’m still having issues with it.

4 Likes

Could we have the option to change our UI’s to old verisons of Eve/expansions as they were then?

CCPlease.

4 Likes

8 Likes

you need to press the thumb down button the the right first.

4 Likes

I agree it waste space when nothing wrong original at least give us option to use old one just because someone in design thinks good idea does not mean is for us paying customers

4 Likes