New station noise

Please remove the new annoying repetitive loud hum every 15 seconds in the station. Yes I know it can be turned down. It is turned all the way down to OFF because it is so loud even on lowest settings. Another fix of something that was not broken.

Mandatory ā€œEve has sound?ā€.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t notice it last night. You sure someone wasnā€™t humming? PC overheating? Tumble dryer?

2 Likes

No idea what are you talking about, there is no ā€œnewā€ sound in the stations!
I think Sindara is right^^

1 Like

They also removed removed the moaning gallente female from gallentean stations. i know which i preferred compared to now, but we canā€™t have that, it might trigger a tiny amount of immature adults!

it is new, but it is not recently new. it is new compared to what we had in the past.

The repetitive hum is the sound of the motor whurring on the CQ doors trying to open. Someone obviously doesnt realise there is nothing there any moreā€¦

4 Likes

This was a thing?

Just wait until next expansion when they play this every time you dock or undock.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K_B3k9ax8M

:sweat_smile: :+1:

:rofl:

Iā€™m personally looking forward to them adding this sample to the sound effects library, to be played whenever anyone gets Concorded or undocks in a ship with a Police SKIN:

Yes! She moaned, in all kinds of pitches. Slowly. She was talking to someone in a soft, slightly seductive voice too, but it wasnā€™t english, just gibberish. Iā€™ve spent two hours following the patterms and if there is one thing i can guarantee you about the moaning woman in the gallentean stations, itā€™s:

She was a whore. No kidding.

1 Like

You would think that thousands of years in the future sound proofing would be a little better.

1 Like

Or a highly trained spy (alt) who can get to places where other spies can not. Never underestimate the power of exploiting other peopleā€™s lust and greed.

One does not exclude the other. :slight_smile:

True. My guess is we may also include Exotic Dancer in her job description. :wink:

1 Like

If you donā€™t have good speakers you probably donā€™t notice it. But it is definitely a station sound, I can turn it down and off.

The thing is, someone at CCP says ā€˜letā€™s beef up the station ambianceā€™ and he suggests this and some other dev who doesnā€™t play Eve says ā€˜yea, thatā€™s greatā€™ and they slip it in the updates. Yea its great for 10 seconds, then it gets old and we actual players have to turn off the sound to our game.

Is this all stations or a specific faction?

Docked in Jita as I type this with the sound up ridiculously high and cannot hear this 15 second hum you speak of at all.

Today in a different station I donā€™t hear it any more. Perhaps it is related to certain mods or rigs on a player-owned station?

Could be :thinking:

Further investigation needed!