New Tutorial Feedback/Comments

If you haven’t figured out a solution yet you can send in a support ticket so a GM solve it if they can.

1 Like

Just compare it to Guild Wars 2 Tutorial/Intro/Storyline - Nuff Said. The underlying pve game mode suck - no story/background for each faction and race. I wish a campaign which is based on your race->empire->faction, Choices should matter. For example you choose Caldari faction- there should be a main storyline for Caldari, in the middle you should choose a NPC faction like Navy or Mordus and at the end battle Sansha or Drifter Invasion. Expansions should spin the story forward. Also a very big hit would be Guild Wars 2 like daily login reward gifts which could include T2 gear/ships, SP injectors, crafting materials, ammo and skins for paid accounts. Make event based activities which bring players together like incursions. Add daily activities - mining, pvp, mission chain, exploring which shuffle new every day for everybody. System security level should scale everybody down to same level so the only advantage would be better ships and real life skill. Introduce “Bosses” - Pirate Officers in Empire / Empire Officers in Null which would appear after certain events are triggered and always drop loot for every participant.

Look at Guild Wars 2 gameplay mechanics - the core game is free and apply all the benefits like level scaling, events innovation, horizontal progression, masteries and exploration of it into EVE.

1 Like

I like GW2 alot and have played it by myself, but you can’t compare GW2 with EVE because the mechanics and the spirit behind these two games are completly different. Your idea about the storyline based on your race is cool and I would support this, but most of the other ideas wouldn’t be good for EVE.

No, if you put this as gifts (especially t2 modules or ships) you will kcik every industrial in the a**. Just because it is working in GW2 doesn’t mean it will work in EVE

If the skins are new and only available per login reward system it’s ok, otherwise also no.

That’s quite a good idea, but there are many events around EVE, like incursions, FOBs, Ressource Wars etc. And they bring players together, so basically this already exists.

Ok, so LVL 4 Missions will only be able to fly in 0.5? or 0.6? This won’t work in EVE, just put your Citadel in 0.9 System, because everyone attaking it will only make 200 DPS and sit there forever. This is also a feature wich works well in GW2 but would break EVE, big fat NO.

1 Like

GW2 has huge industry - legendaries, ascended and a central market, the gifts are not disturbing the game economy. BTW its so crazy - old school mmorpg has better market - single access market for whole world and crafting than EVE.

If you played GW2 you know how zone scaling work - a noob and a level 80 char have same level there only the gear is different.

EVE is dead now, I sold all my 3 accounts from 2012 on ebay for 250 euro.

Enjoy.
“Eve is dead”-count: 25152 in 15 years in the forum.

1 Like

And if you would take a closer look to EVE you should know, that this wouldn’t work in EVE

That’s what we like to call RMT. Enjoy your ban.

3 Likes

Something about the new player experience that doesn’t seem right to me is placement after you have made your character. Many of the stations you get started at don’t have career agents stationed at them. While a station normally may be only a few jumps away, asking people who have just started to be comfortable even with that trip in my opinion is asking a bit much.

The current answer is to get comfortable with the agency immediately so you can determine where you need to go. Instead several better choices are you start at that station immediately.
Why make people travel at all? Especially after they are brand new, wouldn’t it be more prudent to have the station they start in have those options immediately in front of them?

Was good. First time I took the tutorial, besides the account I had a loooong time ago. Much better than it was back then. I didn’t finish it then either actually.

This time I did. Was good.

There was one mission where they give u a ship, and send u in to detonate it. I had the same ship before hand and it was fitted with stuff, I should have read better. Was a good lesson haha.

Good all around. I actually finished all Career Agents, in a row, so you must have done something right.

*** It was the new Agent UI Interface, and the standings graph etc made everything alot more understandable with all the rest you need to learn in the game.

I had never played the game before, however the tutorial is not really what showed me what to do, I watched a youtube video of someone else going through the tutorial, and then copied it.

Eventually I found I could do stuff, however the tutorial does not explain refining ores very well, I got stuck on this for hours.

3/10

I agree that the tutorial does not do nearly as good of a job introducing the player to the game as the old one. However, EVE is so large and there are so many things to do, a single tutorial cannot even begin to touch everything.

Once you finish the tutorial, it will send you to the Career Agents. These are special agents that focus on different areas of the game like exploration, industry, mining, etc. and they get into much more detail on some of these areas of the game. You definitely want to go through those as well- they are a git of an extended tutorial.

The final mission for SOE arc was co pmicated as who to turn it into.

There was no direct link to “warp to-” at the end of the mission.
I had to ‘open conversation’ on many of the quests to get the propper notification that i had completed what was necassary.

To find where to handin the final mission i clicked on the beacon where the mission giverwas in space.
It was not yellow snd there were no pop ups.

I wasnt sure even when i got there that i was at the right spot until opening up a conversation yet again.

There was no final message from SOE whos arc I had just run and i was uncertain i had even finished the arc untill i opened the events tab to check.

It would be nice if a warp yo was offered andthe mission person turned yellow just to clarify things.

Thanxs very much.
Kradick

Aside from the mission you start on when joining, the first thing I did was the 1st tutorial mission to go investigate something and the two seekers shot at me before I noticed It was telling me to orbit them they had both been destroyed, so now I guess I have to drop that and re-do it? You guys do this on purpose or what? I guess if they didn’t shoot at me I would have finished reading the objective but I thought uh o two on one, better drop them then read… Think I was looking over some controls or something as I warped in…

im back after several years and ive notice something both when i started playing eve and last time ive come back. the overview primarily is difficult to read. i get use to it everytime, but it feels like a kick in the pants when your huge monitor has text you struggle to make out. It is really cool when ive come across people who share a link of their UI amd changes the size of the tab text, but even when i try and cut and past the code they use i cant get it to work.

i did find the setting to make everything not so tiny, but nothing to address just the overview text.

I will get use to it again, but i can feel how it contributes myself and my friends that tried eve in feeing like information is a blur on the screen. For sure there has been a great many improvements on the left side of the screen! So it is promissing that same greatness can make its way over to the right side.

I don’t think the new player tutorial now is it interactive as it was back when they had the voice-over actors Commander so-and-so that’s what drew me into the game that’s actually what got me into multiboxing was because I enjoyed beginner tutorial show me the second account so I can play it again I like the interaction that you got with that now it just so blah there’s no voice overs I like the old one better that’s my personal opinion the old one gave you a little bit more directions a new one seem to just throw you into killing rats and you got to go to figure it out on your own

I am an long Offline returner. I used to fly the “Advance Military Mission”, but they are not well optimized

1. One Mission needs an Frigate, since i had one i used mine and lost it in an instant, because the Mission wanted it so.
  2. Next Mission is an Kamikaze Attack, at last one enemy to kill. But this time the Agent Warns you with Red Letters that you will lose the Ship
  3. Some Mission wants from you to kill some Pirate with a Drone. But realizing that you can not Lauch them because you do not have the Drone Skill Lvl 1, is again frustrated

What i want to say, this Missions have no smooth flow. It create to many step stones and rise frustration on “new players”, because the Agent hides important Infos from you, sometime he gives them and mostly you need to active search for them…

This Do it or Die Design is ancient… i am right?

You really looked trough the eyes of an New Beginner while designing this Missions or more of an Veteran that want an fast Twink?

Tried the Agency Tutorial and found it to be straight-forward and understandable for getting basic concepts of playing EVE across.

Liked it better than the last intro with the navy-themed epic battle.

Only criticism is portraying Seekers as easy prey.

I played the old tutorial when the mini skill injectors were a thing , and saw the tutorial get lesser and lesser intuitive and informative , I also find the good player based communities hard to reach , i’m a little lost to get blown up because I asked a dumb question or said something that came from a more inclusive community and play culture , I understand every team are for themselves , but it seems without some kind of support to build corps by making the chainlink stronger as opposed to keeping the chain strong by weakening the weak may benefit , or just make themselves easier to reach , unfortunately I also fear a big proportion of vet player would not like that idea since it would mean helping other to their level of expertise , help and comaraderi feels very very thin indeed in this game , i’m almost ashamed to highlight it , you happen to ask a question in help about politics of game culture and you get toxic and triggering onslaught of branding such as troll hater , what are you doing here , leave this game , you are not the kind of player we want in eve , how is a new caplsuleer to have a chance at enjoyement ……help please

I played the old tutorial 3 years ago, and I liked it better. I suppose the new one is meant to be faster and more condensed, but for a person like me, who enjoys feeling the lore-driven purpose in missions provided by NPCs, its rather blank. I really enjoyed playing the story of mysterious Drifter invasion, concluded with an epic battle, impressive for a noob. Such fights are one of the purposes people start playing EVE. As you initiated Drifters attacks 2 months ago, it would be nice to have some missions that make it possible to understand this faction Just a Little bit.

However current training is definitely faster. But I don’t think it gives new players proper kick for entering New Eden. Especially taking under consideration rather uninteresting career agents.

I’m a returning player from 2013. I wanted to play through the tutorial and was unable to complete the first mission because my ship didn’t have an armament to destroy the NPC vessels. I wrapped to the nearest station that I had items from the last time I played and spent some time fitting a ship. Now I don’t know where to wrap to continue the tutorial. I restarted the mission in the hope that it would repopulate the wrap location (it did not) Aura is now telling me that I can’t accept this mission at this station. Where do I go to restart the mission? I’m currently in Hasmijaala X - moon 3 expert housing production plant.