New Wardec mechanics - can't wait!

That makes no sense whatsoever lol

Price is tied to number of members, that shouldn’t change lol

Otherwise we’d look at this

hey GSF has 168 forts, 1173 astras and 5 keepstar, it will cost you the low price of 1.36T to dec for a week

Highly logical

“𝐘𝐞𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐨𝐨𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞! 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫! 𝐎𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐰𝐚𝐫.”

George Santayana, not Plato :open_book:

A lot actually.

Or does it get made too easy to hunt, one of my mates left the game because he said it had been made too easy and he was a hunter.

Good, it might happen with my suggestion and will be fun content.

Some do and some don’t, often people want to have reasons.

You are projecting, please don’t, it devalues your arguments.

Because I find all these whining comments a bit whiny…

There is a difference because the reason it got changed was because people would not go for fights because of it. I think they knew the consequences, but decided that it was better for more of their player base and as I said I had impacts like this on me in the past, which I adapted to.

Spell them out then, when people say there are plenty of ways…, and then don’t say any it is what, a lack of detail or just hot air.

The context of any event is based on fun, hassle and chance for a fun fight, there you go, that is the issue at the moment…

PS Should my suggestion get applied I for one will be pushing for a hisec war group within my alliance…

This kind of elitism is more likely to drive new players away than wardecs or in fact any game mechanic.

This has nothing to do with what I said. I was calling you out for gatekeeping and elitism. That’s a lovely anecdote though.

I’m not projecting, it’s pretty clear that the majority of complaints about wardecs are from nullsec players.

Fighting back is a start. Groups rarely form fleets to counter wardeccers, and when they do fun fights are generally had. Ultimately though, it’s not my responsibility to list the ways in which you can kill me and my corp. A half decent player who put some time into it can find that out for themselves.

Your comment about fun is the problem though. What I find fun in playing my section of EVE is not what others find fun. I don’t find nullsec fun. Consequently, I don’t go there much and equally don’t give opinions on nullsec issues (or even lowsec or wh). I have issues with people who decide to spout misinformed opinions about how improvements can be made to an area of the game they don’t use.

this, exactly this

funny thing, Dracvlad blames CODE. when they show how elite they are, but then he does the exact same thing XD

the irony…

this is somewhat fitting (he’s Angry)

retard

1 Like

It is elitism to say that more casual play gets less rewards…, well what do you know, that is hilarious…

The simple fact is that if you expect to get a good kill in one hours play then you are asking for an easy game and are casual. Which is why you blanket war dec.

Hisec is so dead that the few from nullsec who do complain about it most probably appear to be more numerous. Most that I come across use one word, lame…, but of course that is due to tribal group think culture, which of course you are doing as a hisec war decker.

While I was in hisec most people found blanket war decs really lame and annoying and a major impact, while nullsec people just find their shopping a bit more complicated, that is all

I have come accross quite a few very good war deckers in my time, who get kills and don’t resort to blanket stuff, one of your ex-members for example is doing targeted war decs and doing really well.

Most people who do this, see you lot dock up fast and say nah not worth it. However if CCP do what I suggest there will be better more on the line consequence content to be had and more nulsec players might have a go at it, hard to say for sure, but…

If that is the case then don’t come out and say:

And:

I found that most people can’t be bothered to chase you lot around, it is as simple as that, you are not fun.

Nice try, but this is my most recent return to nullsec, prior to that I was in hisec the majority of the time, and did a few war decs and had a few war decs on me, so think again :stuck_out_tongue:

And in any case when you war dec my alliance for example, you are using it and my limited use of hisec is impacted if I decide to do some shopping, I have to use the out of alliance alt, so there is an impact, minimal that it is.

Anyway, what I got from the War Dec discord was fear that the nullsec alliances would roll them over at a whim, and the guys there did not like that as a possibility, but you don’t seem scared of that, so perhaps this would suit you. But I see so much bluster about such things that it is hard to say, aka your nullsec whine comments.

So you just turned it into a hisec verses nullsec whine, personally I like consequences pushed by players, which is why I suggested this change, would be fun to see how it developed…, especially as I have the limited hope that more muscular hisec entities will develop over time, might be wishful thinking on my part but hey…

PS @Dom_Arkaral yeah snore zzzzzzzz I am so angry, so raging, full of volcanic zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. booooooooooorrrrrreeeeeeeeeed :stuck_out_tongue:

No, it’s elitism to say that those who don’t spend the time that you do in game, or want to spend their time efficiently aren’t “really doing EVE” - Those were your words. That kind of toxic crap is far more harmful to the game than any game mechanic.

As a “casual player” (yes, god forbid that having a family and a job should be frowned upon) I play the game within my time limits.

Define a “good war decker”. Is it one that is successful and manages to deal a lot of damage to their targets, or do you have some other metric?

Nah, I don’t buy it. Saying that “you just dock up” is just an excuse. The very act of turning up with a fleet is fighting back. If you turn up with a fleet that is challengable then you’ll get a fight. If it’s blatantly too big to take on, then it’s content denial. Whether or not you feel it’s worth your time is a different matter, but if you just ignore wardecs then you can’t complain about dying to them. I have never seen a nullsec group come and challenge us in our home. We’ve had a few fights on citadels, but that’s it.

Bear in mind though, if it’s not worth your time to come and deal with us, then we’re obviously not having a huge impact on your gameplay. If this is the case, then why do so many nullsec players feel so aggrieved?

The only people who complain about wardecs being unfair are either nullsec groups or people who want a safe hisec (often both). What you’re asking for isn’t “consequences pushed by players”, it’s a fundamental change in the ethos of EVE. And regardless of anything you say, and whatever BS you try and wrap it up in (hisec is dead, wardecs drive away new players etc.), anything that makes hisec unsafe is unpopular. Wardecs and ganking are the most whinged about mechanics in the game. Is it coincidence that the majority of ships destroyed in these two endeavours are either nullsec players or their alts?

How do these more “muscular” groups look? Are they able to challenge NS groups like PH (see the head on fights and guerilla warfare that took place when they threatened the Perimeter citadels), or do they have some other strange characteristics? People moan about the “blue donuts” in hisec, but then complain when wardec groups don’t fight when faced with a 200 man fleet.

This community needs to make its mind up as to what it wants. If wardecs are changed the way you want it, hisec groups are going to get smaller rather than more “muscular” and the changes will make hisec a safer place. That, to me, goes against everything that EVE is about.

And I will repeat myself:

Fair question, what I was getting at was I would define that as people who actually hunt people and are prepared to put that effort in. This is perhaps the divide that exists within the war deckers as a group as there are those that look on hunting as the best part of the game and they look down on those that do blanket decs My comment here is aimed at those hunters who decided that without the watch list it was too hard and gave up whereas others make a success of it regardless.

PIRAT are a very elite effective blanket war decker, who can also step up to fleet actions, I think they are very highly competent. Pity about the botting that supported this, but hopefully that has ended.

I agree, as someone who tried to get people to go after war deckers it is very difficult to make people change that attitude.

You say this:

Not if you feed.

And that is it.

My suggestion is to create a point of conflict that has value to both sides.

But I don’t die to them, well two losses, the first was PIRAT catching my gank alt who was shooting a POCO using a smart trick and the second was having a fun fight knowing I would lose. But that was when I was operating in hisec, not in nullsec.

Actually I have seen that and large WH groups too, it is just going to be more likely with my suggestion.

I think that is tribal like contempt between two groups, goes over my head,

Projecting again, you should stop doing that.

Of course it is player consequences, you war dec a nullsec group and they have something they can go after. It is pure Eve, the butterfly affect, consequences on your decision to war dec the wrong people. I can sense fear…

Hmmm where to start on this one, yes I am well aware that the majority of people blown up in hisec by gankers are in fact nullsec players, I am also aware that the majority of people blown up by war deckers are people who did not bother to check if there was yet another war dec by the same pipe campers, certainly well understood by me and a point I have made myself, which is why this change I suggested makes sense and I hope the Goons in CSM get this one through.

As for driving new players away, well it depends, removing the watch list actually helped them because they could go to an out of the way place and play, maybe not what they wanted to do but part of the game is to do even under threat. Hisec is no where near as vibrant as it used to be, you can’t deny that can you?

Ganking is fine as long as they sort out the naff mechanic called bumping. War decs need slight adjustment the mechanics as such are quite good though 500m to war dec the Goons is wrong and the suggestion I made on Concord agent in a citadel I suggested will change things, I also think perhaps a break from war decs for the defender based on actually fighting back, whereas all it will get you now is more war decs…

They do not currently exist in hisec, I was hoping they would develop after my suggestion.

I would not think so, but that is not what they are going to do, they are to develop more content for real fights in hisec.

Yes war deckers will get smaller and be more focused and hisec groups will have a value in fighting back and developing this content. You will still do war decs against nullsec groups, You would lose a citadel, and a weeks worth of war decs and of course what you lost trying to defned it, but would you have had fun in doing that? And you might defeat a few of them, after all it is down to you to sort out friends and stuff, if the Goons went for you, you would get a fair few people join in in some way. Stop being so negative…

Sometimes people are scared of change, but change is sometimes needed to make things more fun.

And it seems to be discussed elsewhere:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/8t5kgd/what_could_fix_war_dec_high_sec_and/

New wardec mechanic: CONCORD randomly puts entities at war against each other and pays out high bounties for kills. You heard it here first!

2 Likes

Dafuq.
I dont see any new wardec mechanics anywhere.

I think this is all speculation based on one particular Reddit thread.

At Fanfest there was a throw away line by Fozzie that they were looking to tie wars into structures, after that many people tried to work out what he meant by that and also offered suggestions.

I’ll give it some viability when I see a dev blog on it.

Dunno whats up with me today, but this thread too is making me personally angry.

I read the title and thought something concrete was in the works.
Then I read OP and its all bull-:poop:.

4 Likes

It’s Summer. I wouldn’t expect anything earth-shattering until Fall at the earliest.

FTFY :stuck_out_tongue:

Soon™

1 Like

Since I kinda fear that CCP will once again go the wrong route if they actually do look into wardecs one day I wrote down my thoughts and an alternative idea how wardecs could be infused with purpose beside trade lane camping again without actually changing the mechanic itself.

Wardec change proposal by a suicide ganker.

Disregarded without reading.

As I said it is not a change to wardecs, but a new feature which might possibly infuse more meaningful conflicts in wars and other areas as Weill, including ganking, industry and all sorts of competitive activities.