Newest eve update hurts newer players

@Stebo

mine ore and ice and compress it
then ts easy to bring to trade hubs … why do you dont want to sell to your corp? how low is the % you get? maybe your corp is making good isk with your work and you are the ***** worker for them … sorry but … maybe its time to do some calulating

atm the HS ore goes up in price … so go get as muc has you can and make isk … if your corp dont pays a good price … compess it in a citadel where you can refine it … just compress … then haul it to a tradehum and sell it there … if you have a big pile … make a public contract and dont waste it on the market …

JuuR

Lol. Gankers really loves Miners sweaty Odor.

Like ganking… mining will not ever stop. So apply the same rules as you speak about regarding ganking to those regarding mining. Double-standards?

very wrong. its never been a better time to be a HS miner. HS ore is scarce now and compressed ore is soaring out of HS right now.

Yes, you have a jump drive go find more then 1 ice belt to wait for.

MPI is through the roof. heavy demand for compressed minerals right now. Heavy, dont even refine it.

How exactly is the MPI calculated anyway? CCP? Got some input to this? Would be of interest to anyone trying to understand the monthly economic reports.

You mention “real” Jita selling price. What makes that price more real to you?

One thing you should know is that in EVE, there is no real price. Prices differ based on

1. where they are and
  2. what the supply and demand in that location are

If you’re not in Jita, Jita prices aren’t the prices where you are. Of course you could use Jita prices as a reference, but it’s not the “real” price where you are.

Often, people (buybacks) may be willing to pay a large part of Jita price (for example 90% buy), and this offers you an easy and quick way to turn your goods into ISK and offers them the possibility to haul that stuff all the way to Jita for a small payment. (Or if they’re smart they try to sell it locally first).

90% Jita buy is a fair price. And a real one.

Of course you could

1. Haul the stuff yourself to get a higher price (100% Jita buy) and you could
  2. set up your own sell offers in Jita (100% Jita sell) rather than selling to a buy offer

But that doesn’t make the rewards for mining greater. It just means you’re also getting paid for hauling and trading.

If you have the hauling and trading skills, feel free to haul and trade for a little extra ISK. Just make sure you find it fun to haul and trade and that it’s worth it to do either.

If you’re just interested in selling your loot for a fair (or real) price, selling to a 90% buyback is a good offer. Especially for newbies without good hauling and trading skills.

1 Like

I imagine the same way any CPI is calculated. A weighted average between the 7 mineral types.

1 Like

very wrong. its never been a better time to be a HS miner. HS ore is scarce now and compressed ore is soaring out of HS right now.

I think you are misunderstanding the OPs point. His belief (right or wrong) is that once the industry changes are implemented that there will be an adverse effect to mineral prices. Nobody really knows what will happen but if Eve markets behaved in a rational way he is likely right as the BPO details that CCP released clearly show that HS mineral requirements in shipbuilding will be going down. While the MPI may be high presently it looks likely to change soon.

To the OP - I suggest you look into gas huffing. This can easily be done in a cheap venture with minimal skill requirements and with the increased need of gas with the upcoming changes, the value of gas should be increasing…

Theres your first mistake. Corp OBBPs exist only to fleece their corp mates and make a quick buck off them.

Theres your second mistake. Why do you think the ore in hisec space will be worth a lot less?

1 Like

Nice shifting of the goalposts. Ore does not equal moon ore and R4 ore is hardly high in value.

Ore is not minerals. Since yields generally dropped due to scarcity, the mineral price does not translate to the ore price. Fortunately, we can easily look at ore prices.

https://www.adam4eve.eu/commodity.php?region=10000002&typeID=28432 compressed veld

https://www.adam4eve.eu/price_chart.php?groupID=460 compressed scord

https://www.adam4eve.eu/commodity.php?region=10000002&typeID=28422 compressed plag

All are down from their levels pre resource distribution if you ignore the last two weeks of dev blog speculation.

IOW, the OP is correct and your comment is nonsense.

Perhaps because less is needed for ships? Could it be?

Seriously though, we know demand for ore will decline with the latest set of economy changes. What we don’t know if what will happen to supply. Presumably it will decline as well since more things are needed. If supply declines enough maybe prices will be the same or higher but that’s the bet people like the OP need to make here…and it’s just a bet, nothing more.

And yet absent the last two weeks of speculation, HS ore prices are down versus before resource scarcity.

How does that make it a good time to be a HS ore miner again?

No. They’ve re-balanced mineral amounts not reduced them.

You’ll see less trit and mex for battleships and cruisers, but way more pyerite. And it’s mixed at the smaller end of ships. The thrasher for example needs more trit, pye and mex, but the catalyst only needs more trit and pye and a smidge less mex.

Seriously @Stebo . Do not listen to naysayers. Hi-sec ores are going to be fine.

We dont know the specifics of the changes yet. We dont know how the prices will change.

Right. We know demand will come down. What we don’t know is what will happen to supply. Depending on people leaving mining to save your mining income isn’t a very comfortable place to be.

We dont know that though. If some minerals are less used, but others are more used, then demand will be the same. You can mine for more than 1 type of ore in hisec.

We do know based on the dev blog so far. For example, T1 BS use less minerals. That’s not in dispute, particularly HS minerals. And, as we’ve seen, HS ore prices are down even though the MPI is up big.

But I’m happy to place a bet with you on HS ore prices post all of this going live versus pre resource redistribution…name the amount…if they are higher in July, I’ll pass it your way, if not, you pass it my way.

Will they use less minerals for all the minerals used?

10 isk.

Thats all I have left.

On some the pyerite more than makes up for the loss of the mex and trit.

Megathron for example. It’s cost from hi-sec minerals goes up. Not including the moon ore cost which is also hi-sec.

Ah some…yes well some isn’t most or all is it?

Nor is the mega “T1 battleships.”