Next Summit Brainstorm - Ship Balance

First, as odd as it is I’d have to second @Lugburz. We may not get along in game but I have to agree with him on the forums. Cyno Inhib tactics could be better. At least make it so they cancel any active cynos in range. We have tried using these to attack probable cyno ships and the anchor time pretty much kills it.

These suggestions come from another thread, see the following link for more details.

Ship:Capitals
Why: High angle guns need to go. A lone capital should not be a thing, these are fleet ships and with fleet support should not need high angle guns. With high angle guns these become very difficult to counter for small corps and alliances. No ship should be effective in all situations.

Ship:Rorqual
Why: The ship is almost impossible to field for small alliances when faced with larger ones that can field massive numbers of capitals. See above issue. Currently only alliances with supercap umbrellas can really make effective use of the PANIC module. Couple with the drone bonuses this becomes a problem as those who can use these can out resource those who can’t and you end up with a unbridgeable gulf. Either the ship needs more modes that enable it to be used in more ways or the PANIC + drone bonuses need to go. Or I guess you could add larger bonuses to the orca and make the progression smooth.

Ship:Hullers
Why: This is more of a suggestion to be coupled with the above two things. Add something to T1 hullers that enables their use as suicide bombs. There could even be polarized versions that increase the explosion damage at the cost of increased risk that the ship is kill before it can explode. I think this would add a lot of dynamic to both capital+ and ganking play. Have the module consume like 12k m3 or it reduces the cargo hold space to something very small. The idea isn’t that this can be used as gank insurance. You should not be able to move cargo while also fitting this module. The explosion should also pod the player. The area of effect should be fairly large and the damage massive. In this way either the attacking fleet has to leave the huller unprotected while it makes the bombing run or accept they will be blown up as well. This also limits the number that can be used at once on a single target as they will blow each other up without triggering the module. You should NOT be able to fit a cloak to the ship either while this module is fit.