No Downtime Feedback Thread

Nothing you experienced before 11:00 UTC today would be related to this experiment.

The experiment only really started at 11 o’clock UTC today, before that TQ was just on its normal 24 hours run. So nothing you experienced prior is related to this experiment.

Yep, thanks for the report; we are indeed following up on some chat presence issues that are possibly related to the #nodowntime experiment.

Very probably different issues; but, yes, we are following up on chat presence issues that may be related to the #nodowntime experiment.

Indeed, a known issue that asteroids only respawn during downtime.

so I left two guys logged in last night while I slept for fun and woke up to see them still in the game. That was fun. I then traveled two jumps and noticed a problem. Apparently local is broken again:
They cant even see each other in local but they are docked up at the same time in the same place

Although this might be totally unrelated to the downtime issue as local has been broken in the past but its been a while since I seen this happen.

1 Like

Local does not appear to be working reliably - one of my characters is now invisible in local (through a log off/on as well).

1 Like

WTB 15.000 words or more devblog as to what exactly are the consequences of the No Downtime test. What broke, what broke less than expected, what broke more than expected, what didn´t happen and what was the most unforeseen thing happening?

7 Likes

You are already reading it

The “local is broken” was like that when i logged in on 2 december 12:36, it took like half an hour until it synced and i could see everyone in local, and they could se mee. I went 5-6j away, but the jumping between systems didn’t appear to have much effect. The people i had in local user list weren’t there at all, probably in some previous system i went through or somewhere in the void, and i only saw like 5 people in dodixie but on my other account i saw over 100 and none of the names matched. The server not rebooting the 4th couldn’t likely cause local to glitch 2 days earlier, unless ccp made some preparations in advance.

1 Like

FYI https://www.eveonline.com/article/q1zzbn/solution-for-stuck-structure-timers-during-no-downtime

1 Like

it might be that the server not rebooted didnt reset whatever glitch began the previous day.

also the issue from 2 days ago might be unrelated to the one I seen today. honestly I have no idea but thought it best to drop the info here just in case it mattered to a dev.

1 Like

FYI https://www.eveonline.com/article/q1zzbn/solution-for-stuck-structure-timers-during-no-downtime

We are following up on reports on this.

Yep, noted, thanks; we’ve found the code for this…

2 Likes

We are following up on chat presence issues and believe we understand why this is happening. Will resolve itself during the next downtime.

1 Like

Blue toons are showing up as neutral in chat channels.

1 Like

We believe we have found the relevant code and it is linked to this #nodowntime experiment.

1 Like

everyone waiting on their Alpha Injector Timers check again- working again for me

We are following up on reports on issues with chat presence.