No Downtime Vol. 2 Feedback Thread

A few things I noticed: 1) Local chat is not working well, I run 3 accounts, 1 accounts is showing corp chat but no local, the other are showing corp chat with delays and sometimes no local.
2) Corp chat typing coming out mirrored text.

Hello ā‰”Vā‰” Online Devs:

As a brand new player to ā‰”Vā‰” Online, who just started my adventures in New Eden for the first time in March 2021, my only complaint with this ā€œNo Downtime Vol. 2ā€ experiment is the missing Daily Campaign for earning much needed Skill Points (e.g., Skilling Spree). Yeah, itā€™s been 2 days since I got my last Daily Campaign for earning Skill Points, which was shooting fireworks at a Caldari Titan ship for the recent event. And other than some extra lagging when docking / undocking in Jita 4-4, Iā€™ve had no new issues with game experience or quality so far. Please fix or bring back the Daily Campaign for earning Skill Points and all will be good, as far as Iā€™m concerned anyway. Anything that you can do about the lag in Jita 4-4 would be icing on the cake for me. Keep up the great work otherwise, too! I :heart: ā‰”Vā‰” Online!

Thanks!

Dark Lady Mayhem o7

1 Like

massive, client-locking-level lag when opening wallet started yesterday about 1400 EVE time

too much isk in it. Solution would be to send me your isk until the ā€œlag stopsā€

2 Likes

If you have agency and scanning open it will slow down when scanning, jumping through gates etc
The code for refreshing the agency (probably the scanning interface also) is poorly optimized and freezes almost everytime (for a second or so).

sounds good, is there a double isk back guarantee if it doesnā€™t work?

DT is over now? thought it was 20 mins?

This Patients heart is really screwed!!!

I just read this, nice share btw @Uriel_the_Flame.

Iā€™m increasingly seeing lots of downsides to a non-downtime game. Given that (presumably) there are some advantages to actually having a downtime to the developers and so on, Iā€™m wondering what the pros are for them in getting rid of it? Could a dev fill us in here please? @CCP_Convict ?

1 Like

Have you guys tried mining in Wormhole space ? Nobody ever goes there and there are lots of anomalies.

1 Like

risky

cant even log in - the loader starts, says something sbout purging files, and then shuts again. No game loads.

They obviously needed to reboot only to respawn the belts, as they totally forgot that all the relevant code is in bootup scripts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey !!! All the bots are offline. That is not a bug but I like it very much.

1 Like

I used to play from Japan and DT was one of the reason I quit. Now I am in a different TZ and i donā€™t mind it as much.
Back then it basically came down to: I have at most(!) an hour before DT and an hour after DT to play. I cant do any missions I know I might not finish in an hour.

I like the idea of ndt, but I also kind of like that the servers are cleaned once a day ā€¦

1 Like

I canā€™t believe how many people are complaining about this
Do you guys not have anything else in your life going on?
This was an experiment to improve the game long-term
Do you not want EVE to become better?
Do you not want the Game Devs to be able to run their experiment and collect the vital data and information they need to improve the game?

Damn I swear some of you guys are more addicted that I am
If this experiment (which I believe is now concluded) truely effected your gameplay that much, maybe go outside for a bit and do something differentā€¦

Iā€™ve never heard of such a bunch of cry babies before in all my life
Whinging children, the lot of you o_o

6 Likes

go back to wow troll

oh cool this downtime was very goodā€¦nom nom :slight_smile: all anoms etc respawned ā€¦ like that

1 Like

before u bois invest time in a non downtime ā€œpiepā€ ā€¦invest time plz : THAT WE CAN HAVE FIGHTS WITHOUT TIDIā€¦ :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Lol

Yeah Im starting to see why CCP doesnt like engaging with us

3 Likes