No Downtime Vol. 2 Feedback Thread

You and me both
The lack of understanding is just… SMH…

2 Likes

@CCP_Convict

I / my corp encountered a possible issue in wh space.

Both a wormhole connection and a bookmark disappeared ahead of time.

Wormholes being randomly gone could be gameplay, and bookmarks disappearing could be someone deleting it by accident. But maybe it’s related to the experiment and an issue with scheduled removal of stuff?

Idk how detailed your logs are, but the connection was between J133222 and Perdan.

Maybe that helps, thank you for your efforts!

It’s not a feature, it’s been a necessity due to how Eve was built and while it’s not a bug it is an impediment to a lot of people and what they are doing should reduce the amount of work they need to do by automating the stuff downtime does. This is good for the whole game, and good for CCP at the same time.
As for people using it to their advantage that’s life, it isn’t really an exploit because it’s part of the game at the moment, but it’s something that eventually people will have to do without.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I started making a concerted effort to stop being bitchy about stuff, especially stuff I don’t understand.
I have some work to do still, but I’m getting there… I hope…
Maybe if I didn’t drink espresso by the gallon… Nah, that’s not it, I just get in a snit over stuff sometimes.
More coffee, less nonsense!

Don’t worry,
Once this is done they will clean themselves on a constant basis and in a way that the players don’t see, it will be good for everyone.

And very exciting! Just watch Dscan like a hawk. If you see something you have any question about handling runaway, or assume it’s a scout for something truly monstrous.
Or, better yet, hunt it down and terrorize the poor bastard so they get a massive adrenaline rush!

Lol I’ve been asking for someone to review my account for a week and nobody cares so far

Please take your time to check it and let me know if you need more info

eliminating TIDI is easy, we have been there before

problem is people weren’t too happy when TQ went to hell as soon as 100 dudes were on grid.

TIDI is probably one of the best features the game has that allows multiplayer gaming on a level non-existent anywhere else (to my knowledge)

If 2000 man fights isn’t your thing, then don’t attend them and live a TIDI free life.

1 Like

tbh, that’s really not uncommon, even with downtime. Those betls get mined out very very quickly.

You’ve got to love how people just don’t understand that it’s actually really hard to have 1000 people involved in a single fight. And that every time CCP do increase the capacity, we (not me, obviously) fill it.

1 Like

We didn’t want to underestimate how much time we might need. We could have been done in 6 minutes but I jumped between a couple of asteroid belts to make sure all was good, so it took 8 minutes.

5 Likes

Scarcity has a new dis-guise

1 Like

I recycled 2 alts at 2021.09.08 23:11 and did not receive their pods. a few months back i removed some alts and received their pods thru corp delivery, these 2 i did not. I did receive their ships.

I grew up near an old airfield where there would be annual air shows which included old WWII bombers… oddly specific? Yeah, from having those bombers fly overhead in real life.

Vortigern Vitalis… seems like two of those “Live by the CODE” players replied to your post.
They don’t get it - we miners are also industrialists who BUILD the ships the others suicide-gank in. When we do “other things than mine” it means market and industry… all those CODE sheep understand is how to kill easy targets for fun. They don’t understand the more taxing work such as following market trends/supply and demand, etc.
… and I agree: that CODE of James 666 or whatever IS pure childishness, if not psychotic.

1 Like

Really? So you build dozens if not hundreds of Catalysts you know are bought by gankers?

So… Its your fault if ganking happens?

Ok, sounds fair. If you dont like CODE. maybe you shouldnt sell ships to them.

hey so look the protocols your using make it way to laggy i come out of warp and i timed it …it took 5 minutes before i cld dock because the station and other system astral bodies didnt generate for 4.5 mins and i have never had that issue until today
please just go back to the 1100 hrs shut down its better for everyone…if it aint broke dont fix it.
it wasnt just the cap ships i was in a shuttle warping for 10 minutes to another system

Again, it was a test. How a out creating a bug report, about your experience and post the EBR number here, so he can get to it quicker

1 Like

I was speaking in the long run (which I’m sure you understood before posting your graph). If no-downtime becomes a permanent thing and nothing is done to the mechanics of the game that rely on it then my prediction will most definitely become true. This is not rocket science, my guy…

Oh also your little graph is for one day and shows a bunch of miners wandering around asking “Where the hell are the asteroids?” Run this no-downtime experiment for a week without addressing the mechanics that rely on it and show me the graph then. Come on you guys are smarter than this.

This man understands. +1