No Downtime Vol. 2 Feedback Thread

Where did they ever say this was going to become a regular thing without fixing the features that are currently dependent upon DT?

Oh, that’s right, they didn’t.

In fact, @CCP_Explorer specifically said that the purpose of the test is to find all of the things still tied to downtime so they can build action plans around disconnecting game features and mechanics from downtime.

Literally, this test was about gathering data with the purpose of preventing the exact scenario you describe.

One day of no asteroid belt respawns is a tiny price to pay for enough data to see what else is relying on server startup functions to behave properly.

6 Likes

I’ve been playing this game a long time. If you think they wouldn’t implement permanent no-downtime without addressing something as obvious as asteroid respawn mechanics then you are delusional. Believe me, based on what I’ve seen over the years they would do it without a second thought and then not fix it for months.

1 Like

Yet they didn’t present this as ‘we are testing this to roll out as is’, which is what you implied.

CCP already acknowledged that the asteroid belts were going to cause an issue, but that they weren’t ready to fix it yet at the time they had resources to do the test. It’s explicitly recognized as an item that has to be cared for before this happens. Thus, hinging your argument on asteroid belts not working during the test as an example of CCP screwing up is intellectually dishonest.

3 Likes

Surely surely. CCP says a lot of things. I’ve seen them acknowledge game breaking bugs from feedback on the test server weeks in advance and STILL implement them broken as all-get-out on Tranquility as if they had no idea. I’m just speaking from experience and have no control over what you choose to believe. You do you boo.

Well for starters EVE uses stackless Python, not C++…

1 Like

You do realize that actually buffs mining, right?

1 Like

Are you getting dumber? Or am I missing something?
How is NOT being able to mine a buff to mining?

1 Like

I tried to explain this to them at the start of scarcity. They couldnt understand supply and demand then either.

1 Like

You’re missing something. The increased value of mining and the opportunities to engage in a myriad of other activities after you’ve spent a fraction of the time to make a multiple of the ISK you were before.

Can we please fix the Ice belt spawn issues for the love of (insert deity here).
There’s a system in my region with 5 f’ing belts, meanwhile we sit here for weeks waiting for a belt that then spawns ontop of the gate. This isn’t fun game play, quite the opposite. Getting bored of this crap.

1 Like

Nope, you’re getting dumber.

There can be NO increased value doing something that isn’t there.
EG; Not you, me or anyone else can make isk from mining when there is nothing to mine.

2 Likes

See, told you.

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong here. Scarcity has been good to me, I’ve gone from 40+ hrs a week running 15 accounts to logging in when I choose with my 2 remaining Omega accounts and am slowly extracting around 800 million SP from now unneeded chars.

But this isn’t about “scarcity”, it’s about making a profit mining, when asteroid belts don’t spawn.
You can’t make isk from mining when asteroids aren’t there. Sitting in an empty asteroid belt won’t make you isk.

Don’t get confused between scarcity and no asteroid belts due to “no downtime”. You’ll look as foolish as Xuixien.

I get that, but what is the issue with anomolies?

Nothing I’d imagine but as they are still rare in highsec, where the guy who
Xuixien responded to mines, no asteroid belts would be an issue.
I haven’t mined in highsec for about 15 years but from memory, highsec anoms
didn’t respawn in the same place once depleted and were gone until the next DT.

Which means better profitability for miners who actually mine where the ore is.

Not my fault if he tries to mine where the ore isnt.

Or sells it while its easy to get for others rather than hard.

I have noticed a bug and it occurred twice.
I installed a clone and did a jump. One random clone is then replaced with an earlier location where I had a clone.
Pretty annoying when the clone is supposed to be a specific place on the other side of the universe.

Did you at least do a bug report?

Yup. And I already knew - that’s the sad part. I just can’t help but try to educate.

Please don’t assume what I build. Yes, I have BPOs for Cats, but they are not that profitable compared to ships such as the Atron , Imicus or Ventures…
I admit that I DID build ships that people will use to gank, okay, you made that point, but I learned that lesson a while ago and stopped selling them when they market under 800K ISK.
Come to think of it, I’ve yet to be ganked by a Catalyst or any T1 destroyer or frigate I have prints for - it’s the combat battle cruisers I get blown up by, still, though, I never sell my ships so low that they make for cheap suicide-gank machines.
The reason I don’t like CODE players is from that manifesto the CODE is based upon. Only people with rotted souls IRL would agree with what that manifesto promotes… going so far as saying “When we get all the hisec miners to rage-quit, EVE will be a better game. CCP won’t mind losing 100 thousand subscribed account if it means no hisec miners” (slightly paraphrased due to that one sentence I wrote being five paragraphs from that manifesto regarding getting new players/hisec players to leave the game).
Last I read, CCP’s main focus is on new player retention - and that manifesto CODE is built upon specifically states that EVE is a better place w/o these new players… sounds to me that CODE is actually working against the best interests of the game in general just to make some selfish players have the game all for themselves and THEIR play-style “and to heck with those who won’t pay us mining rights in space we own”.
This reply is based on two things you replied with: me building the ships used by gankers to gank and my not liking CODE due to the ideology (cult) that forms the backbone of CODE gameplay.
If you have ever read James’ manifesto you would know the pure BS it spouts, yet players who follow this code are actually working against the interests of CCP…
… so we go full circle to you saying to me “… then don’t sell them the ships they use to gank”. Yes, I build and sell roughly 80-120 ships per day, but I have no control over who buys them AND I have yet to be ganked while mining by any type of ship I build, so please do not assume I am supplying the ideology I despise with the ships they use.