Noone left to play - impression and reasons of/for decreasing player numbers

The tone is important. Both groups can be said to complain, but the way they do it is very different. PvPers don’t post rage-quit threads, they don’t post threats of unsubbing, and they don’t post ridiculous, one-sided ideas that are the equivalent of “CCP needs to remove ganking”, etc.

Posting a concern about the current state of things, or about a proposed upcoming change, feels much less like a “complaint” than raging about a loss and threatening to quit.

Can you imagine how things would go down if someone posted a thread about how they don’t have enough targets, and that CCP needs to make wars cheaper/ganking penalties lower, etc.?

The ability of carebears to loudly wield majority opinion and sway the course of development objectively makes them the stronger group. They lose to us in the game, but then win against us by forcing CCP into giving them concessions on a meta level. They do a really good job of rubbing this in our faces too, even though they’re incompetent as players.

The “crying to mother” attitude they collectively possess is disgusting, but they’re such vile creatures that they’re actually proud of it.

2 Likes

That you automatically equate “weak” and “bad” is neither a reflection on me, nor what was actually being said vOv

Also, it was a joke.

Do you have much experience in game with Null Farmers?

Did I equate “weak” with “bad”?

Let me check my comment.

… Nope. Nothing in there equating “weak” with “bad”.

When you actually quote me fully and not just one word then maybe we can have a conversation.

And I’m supposed to know that how ?

I know of no “farmers” in EVE. All I see are Capsuleers in space.

If they are the stronger group and CCP listens to them then how come they’re not happy and post Quits threads? Are they nuts?

That sounds like paranoia. It’s as if ALL the Carebears know each other and hold meetings on the next bitching thread.

Look, I don’t care about the little war between both those groups. It’s childish, annoying and very off-putting.
All I want is to be able to play the game as advertised. CCP advertises EVE as a Sandbox Open-World then by God make it a sandbox Open-World and quit tinkering with the game to control the players. That’s all I want.

2 Likes

Because it’s actually physically impossible for them to be happy due to their greed. No matter how much they get, they’ll always want more, and any kind of inhibition of their desire to satisfy their gluttonous, bottomless appetites, no matter how much progressively smaller it becomes, will be interpreted no differently than taking a knife to their throats.

Carebears don’t want it to be an open-world sandbox, though.

I thought it was paranoia too, but then I made an appointment with the esteemed Dr. Peen, and received a diagnosis of severe Carebear Derangement Syndrome. Unfortunately, there is no cure, and the only treatment options available have the side effect of turning me into an EVE version of Brian Fantana.

1 Like

Jesus.
You need some counseling. Seriously.

Did they tell you that or did you deduce that on your own?

He’s a good doctor, he nailed it.

Breathe, just breathe :grinning:

2 Likes

Many have told me that specifically, yes.

If you sit around in many carebear corporations, as I have, a lot of the conversation is dominated by their collective desire for such things as nonconsensual PvP to be removed, for content like asteroid fields to be instanced so that no one can bother them/take their ore, for people to not be able to enter their null-sec system without some kind of gate pass, et cetera.

You have to ask them in a blind environment, though. They (the ones who post on the forums, at least) won’t just come in here and start saying that stuff outright (usually - still happens sometimes), because they understand that they’ll be mocked and disagreed with.

2 Likes

I see. So they basically want to play another game like EVE but there are none so they want to transform EVE into that imaginary game they can’t play.

smh… Well, and do you think that insults and ridicule will dissuade them from thinking that way ?
I think the more PvPers debase them the stronger their determination to turn EVE into their imaginary game will be.
Not only that but both your groups are at each other’s throat while CCP is laughing all the way to the bank.

There’s gotta be a better way.

2 Likes

There are countless games they can play that allow them to grind imaginary wealth in complete and total safety, though. But for some reason, they come to this one, even though it doesn’t advertise the kind of experience they’re seeking (or at least didn’t, before CCP dropped the whole “cold, harsh universe” language from their marketing spiel), and then get upset when they get diddled. It’s like moths to an open flame, really.

No, but we might as well have some fun with them if they’re going to come in here and ruin everything.

They’re not self-aware enough to be driven by that kind of motivation. They’re very livestock-like in nature. I bring up this parallel fairly often, but if you’ve read The Time Machine, they’re very much like the Eloi.

Shh. You’re gonna get Jimmy Hoffa-ed by CCP.

3 Likes

EVE is unique and there isn’t another game like it ( yet ).

It does advertise sandbox open-world but it isn’t much of one in my opinion.

+1 :rofl:

I understand. I still think that it’s sad that a bunch of players who like the same game can’t get along and comprise.
I mean look, even EDENCOM compromised with the Traglivians, even after they got a bunch of systems taken awayvfrom them :grinning:

In that case it would be better if CCP added a PvE server, for the benefit and mental health of everyone involved.
When compromise is out of the question then divorce is the last best choice.

"They don’t impress me, their codes don’t impress me and their lawyers don’t impress me! Buncha rhum-runners… and I don’t need 300 million ISK and my brother CSM to whoop their F-ing arse, slimy little pricks! I beat their arse that trumped up charge of being Alpha and I’ll beat them again! There is no organized PLEX-traffic…! " :rofl:
@0:40 https://youtu.be/9h9W4c2YLCg

2 Likes

It is the game equivalent of great extinctions. The environment changes.

So if is not bad, who is complaining about what?

Then maybe you might think about getting a little more experience before criticising what people do or how they act towards others in the game.

It’s entirely on them. All they have to do to get along with us is realize that they have an obligation to contribute a sort of “tax” to make the game’s economy function normally. As is, we force them to do it, but by no means do they want to. They’re of the opinion that they should be entitled to grind everything they want in safety, while the risk of destruction is outsourced to the PvPers, who would be fighting each other. But the game can’t work that way, because the PvPers need to make money in order to be able to lose it.

In a perfect EVE, everyone would understand this, and engage in a somewhat even balance of creation and destruction; some more, some less, but everyone would contribute to an extent. But we don’t live in a perfect EVE, so there are bound to be issues with balance. But at the very least it would be nice if these people didn’t throw a tantrum about this game’s core features, and bit down and ate their occasional losses without crying and complaining for the game to be changed. But they don’t, and that’s why we argue all the time.

It wouldn’t work. The PvP server would be tiny (but functional), while the PvE server would get initially inflated to balloon levels, before its economy collapses, and it would become a ghost town. Most of its inhabitants would quit, and some would come back to the PvP server, before getting killed and complaining again, repeating the cycle.

Can’t have EVE without some kind of mechanism to absorb everything that gets created by its players. It either has to be destruction, or some kind of power creep mechanic, and the latter would need a restructuring of the entire game.

3 Likes

I know what you mean by “farmers” and don’t see them that way.
Maybe you might think about treating other players with a little respect before criticising what I’m free to do on these forum.

I havent disrespected anybody.

Im not the one criticising others here.

Im sorry, you might be looking for a fight here, but you wont get one.

2 Likes

Thank you. I don’t need to “fight” on a forum to feel good about myself.
Good day.

1 Like

So then nothing will change and your two groups will be at each other’s throat until EVE dies or the world ends, whichever comes first.

It’s fine by me. I play the game without much investment, financial or psychological, so what happens between all you guys I couldn’t care less.

And the forum is pretty funny because of that so it is what it is I guess.

Thank you for discussing with me and explaining things without putting me down. :hugs:

1 Like

Yup!

1 Like

It is always present and currently game is being restructurized, with microtransactions in mind. CSM minutes had the dev explaining it, whatever they do, they have to think about monetization also.

You can adapt easily to more than one of them at the same time, also ■■■■ off.