November Release: Invasion Chapter 2 - General Feedback

When adding a bookmark (through CTRL +B for example) I can make the overal window bigger but I cannot make bigger the folder area, So this means when I click on a folder I have to scroll up and down in order to find a location to save it.

Is it possible to alter this area so I can see (without having the scroll) all the BM Folders/Sub Folders?

2 Likes

No it doesnt. Without the shortcut you right click > locations > BM folder > BM with the shortcut pressed you just need to do BM folder > BM

2 Likes

Ah, I see, shortcut + right click at the same time.
Still more hassle than it used to be. :rage:

3 Likes

it is but at the same time it is better than not having the shortcut. I think it is just a case of getting used to it

Or, possibly, offering us a better solution.

2 Likes

For quick access directly to your saved locations weā€™ve added a new shortcut that you can assign, called ā€œOpen Location Menuā€ (Esc Menu ā†’ Shortcuts ā†’ Combat ā†’ Open Location Menu). This allows you to go straight to your saved locations on a right click in space.

Yes, it goes to the location submenu. Then I need to open my personal bookmarks, then select the bookmark, then warp. Which is still more menus that need to be gone through than it used to.

Heck, Iā€™m finding this shortcut no easier than just right clicking, because using a modifier for the right click is just another annoying action. It also feels off somehow.

I havenā€™t heard a good thing yet from my alliance mates about the right click menu. Iā€™m currently 6 for 7 people logging on and hating it after using it for ~2 hours, and the 7th never used the right click menu for bookmarks to start with.

You should not be making changes that make it take longer to transverse the menus.

4 Likes

Yes, they could have done most of the changes and still left local personal bookmarks in the initial right click window. This new system slows things down considerably.

3 Likes

Naah, there is no such thing!

I believe we need to add something like an entropic disintegrator damage implant set that make this sooper dooper weak weapon worth while using or somethingā€¦

Nothing can go wrong-

2 Likes

All very good info to hearā€¦

ā€¦except the part about taking the Muninn down a notch.

Hope I wonā€™t have to do a re-fit.

Do devs even play this game? The new bookmark menu is horrible, what used to be a quickly accessed top-level menu now requires three times the clicks to access. Have you tried to warp your pod out to a bookmark after your ship is destroyed? It used to be right-click, pick bookmark and warp. Now open locations menu (whether right-click or keyboard shortcut makes no difference, still cludgy), select folder, select bookmark, warp. How is this an improvement or in any way convenient? At least add the ability to pin critical bookmarks to the top level in the right-click menu

9 Likes

Or just adding the BMs to overview. That would be nice.

8 Likes

WOW wtf is with the Bookmarks folder. Cant click and warp quickly now. What a balls up CCP :frowning: please undo :frowning:

4 Likes

Oh, great. Real brains behind ā€œthey changed something so they canā€™t change it back and if you ask them to youā€™re just a poopy headā€ comments.
Dude, they donā€™t give you isk for kissing their ass.
And you donā€™t look cooler or smarter by denigrating other peopleā€™s concerns about playability.
Grow up.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. So to clarify (as weā€™ve been discussing this internally), there are two things going on here:

1. Bookmarks are now all nested under the locations heading
  2. Folders with more than 8 base items (sub-folders or bookmarks) now collapse into a sub-heading rather than list all their options)

As the number of sections in the menu has increased to a potential 8 (5 personal and 3 shared up from 1 personal and 1 corp), we need to to some intelligent collapsing of menus to stop the r-click menu from overrunning the whole screen. However, this has definitely led to some situations where you now have to go 2 levels deeper than you did before and weā€™re not happy with that. Weā€™re talking more internally to see if we can find a better solution, no promises at this time, but apologies for the disruption.

To avoid this issue you can make sure your insta warp bookmarks are in a folder with 8 or less base items and they will show in the first locations submenu as shown below:

8 or less items:

More than 8 items:

Iā€™m all for most of the changes, but the main issue is theyā€™ve gone from having all local personal bookmarks in the initial right click window, to having them nested. I stopped putting items in solar system folders way back when I realized local bookmarks were right there on right click. Probably the easiest solution is to allow local system bookmarks not in nested folders show up like they always have. Much quicker to get to them.

5 Likes

Well for YEARS i was told in my ā€œban PVP from highā€ runs that ā€œthe game is not for meā€ or was hit by the ā€œadapt or dieā€ phraseā€¦

And NOW,after such a minor change to the bookmarks,the SAME people that hit me with those phrases FREAK OUT about a change that just mainly effects their convenience?

So keeping their own standards they demand from me is not conviniend enough for them so they demand a reroll of the patch?

You have to click moreā€¦ WOW and DOUBLE WOW and TRIPLE WOW what a badass changeā€¦

REALLY?

I KNOW you will tell me that it IS no ā€œminorā€ change,that it effects your ā€œwarp away speedā€ because it deserves an extra click or twoā€¦nothing is more important than your convinienceā€¦

But what the f u c kā€¦what else is that than a childlike crying in the grocery store because you donā€™t get the candy bar you want so bad and think you deserve?

But it is ME that should adapt?

WOW this is what i call double standardsā€¦

Burying ship-saving safes and similar BMs that need immediate access in the locations folder is a mistakeā€“oftentimes even a single tic matters. Allowing even a small number of BMs directly would solve this problem.

Iā€™m surprised there doesnā€™tā€™ seem to be a way to make folders on the fly from that location menu considering the entire system relies on that now.

2 Likes

Donā€™t be this overdramatic dudeā€¦itā€™s a minor unconveniend change nothing more.

EVE will not go down in flames after itā€¦

And if you loose shipsā€¦be more carefulā€¦

not sure who you talking to since most here arentā€™ being ā€œdramaticā€

A second added to a warp IS a big deal with most pvp whether that be to catch someone or get away from someoneā€“and because of this change, one due entirely to added depth of BMs in foldersā€“not because of ship or player capabilities.

It was an unnecessary and poorly implemented change.

2 Likes

And?

You loosing a ship because you do not react fast enough is unacceptable?