November Release: Invasion Chapter 2 - Known Issues

I preferred the previous bookmarks, they were available on the context-menu with one selection, now I have to go through 2 sub-menus to get to the “warp to” menu item.

Is it true it is not possible to sell or contract escalations anymore?

Please implement bookmark trash, something on the lines of when a bookmark is deleted it is moved into a folder (trash) and it’s available for the next 2 days.

3 Likes

It’s effectively broken by design, you can, but you have to create a new folder and ACL for each person or sale. This is rapidly going to add even more load than they think they’re reducing otherwise, and is massively inconvenient at best from a UX point of view, just like the forced submenu as well.

3 Likes

i did create an acl. i cant create a folder within shared locations in my people and places window. i cant edit a bookmark to show up in an acl.
i tried for at least one hour. either i am retarded or this is simply not working for me.

Just to clarify the prior mechanic, while also not quite understanding why Ash is seeing any difference in the menu: Anyone could add corporation locations before today, but could only modify those created with the same character unless they had Communications Officer roles (consistent with the description on Use Access now).

The reply was to Krovak below you but lost its’ context for some reason on edit. That said, that’s strange and if I notice something I’ll try to remember to respond, but it may also be a bug. Maybe someone will have an idea in the mean time who has had more time to poke at things first-hand.

How can i share now bookmarks between two characters when they are not in the same corp or alliance?
Was this feature removed or is this a bug ? I have tried everything to copy or share it somehow.

I have tried to drag the boomark to a character in the same system and station and i got only :
"Location Vouchers can only be created in your personal hangar or in containers belonging to you."

My personal hangar was also not working.

You have to create an Access List, then add the character to that access list, then create a shared folder for that access list, then place the bookmark in that folder. …phew

The convoluted new Bookmark scenario puts me in mind of this :- How to: Reset C by GE Light Bulbs.

5 Likes

Location folder windows are closed when the corresponding folder is re-opened in the People & Places windows.

I’m not sure if this is intentional, but it’s quite annoying.

The Add Location button in the People & Places window does not work while docked

This mirrors the previous behavior but was always annoying since having two separate views of the same set could be useful, etc.

Ah, I didn’t really use the windows all that much (because right-clicking in space used to be faster…)

I still think these windows should stay open

1 Like

Was this the behavior before? Is it intentional that we have to undock to bookmark the station we’re in?

It’s working for me.

does not work for me. i can create acl, i can place characters in them.
i can not create a top level folder within “people and places > Shared locations”.
the only top level folder existing there is the old corporation folder, in witch i can create subfolders.
neither the corp folder nor any of its subfolders can be configured using acl settings.

Strange, it is working for me now too. Must have bugged out in that station.

It’s unfortunate that Triglavian ships are available to players :frowning:
Because of this, I lost all interest in Triglavian.

this is still an issue, this time with a bug report attached, EBR-185842

1 Like

okay , lets deal with bookmark trading
no one has clearly explained how you sell an escalation bookmark.
from what I have read so far. the following thoughts have been shared

1. a personal ACL to share bookmarks would allow anyone in your list to take any bookmark there
  2. you would have to add everyone that might ever want to buy a bookmark, seriously>:
  3. you would have to mess with ACL every time you want to sell a bookmark
    4 . if you ask for isk before adding to ACL it simply makes scamming easier
  4. the added administrative burden is absurd
    6, inability to sell bookmarks takes away an income stream
    7 requiring an ACL for anyone that sees your bookmark means you would need to be ON LINE when they are to know they want it . how dumb is that.
    and the list goes on.
    it is clear that personal bookmarkds need an option to allow saving as a sellable item. plain and simple]
2 Likes

another good suggestiojn was to have the agency give a location token for escalations that can be sold. I like this idea especially if the token cannot be used to scam by selling it more than once

1 Like