Null Ore changes is brilliant

They mine less but they mine to a huge hold and they have a huge tank.

Make them mine to the main hold and have to move the ore manually.

And who cares if it is less per second if you are afk for 2 hours?

1 Like

So… what you are saying is that orca pilots have made significant trade offs to get that, glad we agree there is no need for nerfs then…
Oh wait, or are you just salty you can’t casually gank Orcas so you want to add pointless make work jobs for orca pilots to do just to satisfy you.

1 Like

Way to ignore the part about volume over time not mattering, there is no trade off. Just pluses.

1 Like

Of course volume over time matters, at the very least they have to account for their plex. The orcas aren’t afk 2 hours also, there is no auto drone mining, and if they spread them then orcas mine far less than even barges due to drone travel time. So they pay even more yield for their ease of use.

Having the ore go to the main hold is such a simple fix, it would break the non-bot afk farming model.

Having the ore go to the main hold is in line with no auto repeat on guns. It adds clicks just for the sake of adding clicks.
It generates no meaningful gameplay.
As such elements that don’t add meaningful gameplay shouldn’t be introduced, because they are just make work.

In any case, this discussion doesn’t belong in this thread, being nothing to do with Orcas

Yes it does, one of the most basic trade offs in mining is the need to haul the ore, and to move that ore to the hauler.

Since the Orca is the hauler, playing two roles and escaping the basic need all miners face, having them load the ore manually levels the playing field.

For someone who is not AFK, this is nothing.

Well listen here Alistair Adreides; whatever you were trying to point out - you failed. I think you read an update log, and decided for yourself that this is something that will impact us real players - and you played yourself.

No one, in the history of eve or to come, will be able to take anything you post again seriously. Doesn’t that just make you want to dig a hole and bury yourself in it?

1 Like

The real question is: was anyone ever able to? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

No you listen here. Bozo. You’re the one reading my stuff.

I dont even know who you are.

Of course you don’t know who I am, you silly little 9gagging virgin. You were probably born after I joined EVE.

You got powned online and resorted to unsubstantiated offline attacks. Where’d you go to troll school? Under a bridge?

I agree. The Orca is desperately in need of a nerf. It completely out competes barges when it comes to effort because of the gigantic ore hold.

1 Like

An Orca in literally perfect 0 travel time conditions (which never happens because drones orbit the rock even if it is at zero) mines approx 80% of an unboosted hulk and about 40% of a boosted hulk.
About 90% of an unboosted Mack, and about 60% of a boosted Mack.

So… it’s already paying for that lower effort due to ore hold with it’s yield.

If you use the Orca in highsec you can basically AFK the whole hold. When I say effort I mean the amount you actually need to interact with the game.

It doesn’t matter if other barges mine faster. The fact that you can harvest a full Orca hold with no attention to the game makes them extremely superior.

There is a reason why they are everywhere now I’m highsec and are completely replacing barges.

It couldn’t possibly be the fact that gankers have driven the miners into the highest EHP ships they can possibly get now could it…

Could be a possibility. But given that the Skiff never gets ganked either I highly doubt that is the real reason.

We used to have Skiff fleets with an Orca and Freighter, they where practically immune to ganking already. Now it’s just fleets of Orcas everywhere.

It’s more that you can run more orcas simultaneously than you can barges, and you can do so for hours without needing to press anything. It’s the afk-ability that miners prefer. That’s why mack/retties have always been more pupular since 2012.

If orcas are commonly being used in groups as straight mining vessels rather than supporting barges then there’s a problem IMO.

And no it’s not ganking. Skiffs/procs are definitely tough enough and ganking is not rampant.

10 years too late.

And lose your ship.