Null Sec as Endgame Content vs the Sandbox

Crap on high-sec then you crap on Eve. Null sentric dev time is wasted on the few, how about the many that pays the bills?

1 Like

I’ve recently came back. Still get used to things. This whole “scarity” is good imo, but knowing CCP they will mess it up as usuall. Now lead dev saying something end game looks bad. They tried it in the past and from long time ccp worker I expected better.

1 Like

Totally hear you.

For me, Endgame is having just enough Isk to live off the interest when the market does what it does now, and be able to not have to do anything but a regular monthly fuel run for my one station ( I mean STRUCTURE).

And even then, thats slightly more effort than Id like lol

4 Likes

to me eve endgame is metagame
the most notable is being a big space tyrant like cute mitens
or a space princess like cute ms aiko
but it could be just having the expertise to pay your plex and do what you want
leaving the farming rat race is paramount

1 Like

OP literally posted the video with timestamp. Hardly a rumor.

Player should define his endgame. It is sandbox. If somebody like HS mining and doing it for fun it is his endgame. Steering players into certain behaviours will end badly. I realy don’t know how this game last that long with such bad managing?

If there is a copy of EvE but without all those flaws ( like doing one thing right and 3 wrong with every patch) would you play it?

5 Likes

Left null F1 warfare to go back to FW.
Yes it has issues but man am I having fun.

2 Likes

Yeah I reckon I would. I mean, I literally ignore CCPs stupid events and “heres a new thing! go do it!” because when I do go near them, it has literally almost nothing to do with what I enjoy doing.

I thought the game was player driven.

So how come I cant open a Second Life esque shop?

How come I cant live in an Asteroid?

WHERE IS MY POS REPLACEMENT CCP

5 Likes

good for you bro :smiley:

I couldn’t have said it better than you, my friend. I think each area of space has its merit and its own uniqueness that can make it difficult… but Highsec is a brutal landscape :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not saying what OP posted is rumor. Saying this

is a rumor.

OP’s thread isn’t about removing HiSec, it’s about

Which

and

and

also

and

So

Now you’re all caught up with the thread.
You’re welcome.

3 Likes

F1 through F4, keeping the cap-chain up, and watching for broadcasts was the only remotely fun thing about large engagements. Small scale roams were fun though.

You’ve hit the bull’s-eye … !!!

Nullification is about … Null Mobility / Infiltration … VS … Bubbles SOV Gate Camps … !!!
Attackers … VS … Defenders … !!!

Bubbles … Bubbles … Bubbles Everywhere … !!!

CCP is making Null Defenders stronger and stronger … !!!
CSM only serves to privilege SOV Null … and force everyone to join Huge Corps … !!!

WHy CCP has vision issues lol.

I did null…not really missing the place.

I have helped paid for… Station and titan fund drives for the CORP!

Stations lost long ago, titans probably blown up too. And never really sure where all that alliance funding went on failscades. It wasn’t SRP’s back to some players. I never got those checks.

I personally like my hi sec chill carebear for endgame right now. One char has the halo experiment. Lets see how much I can game sig/tank mechanics with HG halo’s.

So far its been fun. Besides gurista rats even the hardest level 3’s in a loki I am going I get hit much less so I am never getting shields down to even near 25%.

A very good thing…the loki is armor tanked. So sometimes I go who needs a tank? Armor tank is weak for pve since it eat ups slots? Solution…halo’s and no tank and kite snipe with arty. Not optimal…but its been a fine ride so far.

Stuff like this…I could not do in null sec. I get unlucky, get dropped. and its in the private channel with corp leadership.

WHy the hell are you dying in crap fit loki’s with no tank. Because until I was jumped…that loki was doing fine?

Hi sec, me myself and I. Its nice to just do freaky stuff and have it make it some isk. Sisi you can do this. and 40 hours of pve later its not made 1 isk for the real account on the real server.

3 Likes

Its a Mehgame Content. We all know the most elite PvP happens around Jita and Uedama.
Nulls are for Krabs and bots

1 Like

There is no delicate way of saying this, Rattati’s view / opinion is simply wrong and opposite to every senior developer before now. There is no “endgame” in EvE, there never was, and there shouldn’t be one. What a (new) player brings to the table is ultimately what determines where he/she lands or fits in, not the “training time” spent in hisec, then lowsec, then null. Perhaps Rattati would like nullsec to be an endgame. Perhaps he equates SP requirements to fly certain ships and do certain things that are only possible in null/w-space with “difficulty”. While true up to a certain - mostly pve - related point, playing EvE is not about doing just pve content, but about surviving in general - which you do by making the best use of the SP you do have available. Compartmentalizing seems to be his forte and his only approach, judging from the changes introduced, bringing some level of order (my impression only) in the chaotic sandbox that most of us love and want to preserve. Maybe it makes it easier for certain devs to come to grips with the old complexity - simplify it, use Ockham’s Razor…

Literally anyone can, in principle, start playing/living in nullsec in week 1, IF they are guided by well-meaning people there. It’s players who teach new players how to survive, and that is how it was intended - part of humanity stranded in a hostile new galaxy. Stepping stones are typical for other MMO’s, where solo play is almost the norm and is actively supported by design. Making hisec more attractive, or safer, or more lucrative, is a real barrier to experiencing the game itself, which at its heart is about individuals working together against their new environment. It promotes complacency while preventing the new player from diving into the dangerous, dark struggle that New Eden is supposed to be by its original design.
Hisec should be a place where business can be done across the map, not much else besides surviving and catching breath perhaps. It automatically makes it the place to learn a few things about basic game mechanics, but it’s not a confidence or proficiency builder. One still has to take the plunge and go to nullsec for the full experience. And that is where the game really starts.
The odd part, for me at least, is lowsec, which seems to be a bit out of place. Take away the gate guns and it almost becomes npc nullsec instantly.

Bottom line, embracing complexity and chaos, and adding to it - not subtracting - should be this game designer’s mantra, not the building of stepping stones. The game designer should add sand, not bricks and pre-constructed elements with a “now do this” label glued to it. It’s the players that make New Eden, not the devs that try to alter the original concepts.

2 Likes

The game would’ve been in a much better place today if Hilmar had the final say on game design decisions instead of being put on whale-milking duty.

2 Likes

warp fleet to a covetor . press f1 overload . tá da elite pvper now.

FW was introduced in 2008.

I agree. I have some ~eliteLowSecPvPers~ living in my backyard. Anytime I can get them to engage me in HiSec, I totally wipe the floor with them, and then they whine that I should “come to lowsec” (where they don’t have to think too much).

Anyway, if NullSec is the “endgame” then we are all ■■■■■■. NullSec has been boring and stagnant for years, ever since people started metagaming and all the alliance leaders became buddy buddy “frenemies” (remember there used to be staged wars to entertain line members). The idea of an “end game” is also pretty bad… the end of the game? No thanks. I prefer my sandbox and endless play.

4 Likes