Null Sec as Endgame Content vs the Sandbox

N+1 refers to the tactic where it’s more optimal to just dogpile or have more pilots than your enemy. These fleets often rely of high amounts of collective alpha damage from cheaper ships for maximum effectiveness. It’s essentially a FC herding a bunch of cats, broadcasting a target, and telling them when to push F1 all while the individual doesn’t even have to pilot their ship.

2 Likes

Thank you, I suppose I should have figured that out from the context but I didn’t.

I understand where you come from on that, but if that is something that people rely on then it is rather naff and that is why I pushed so hard on ending unlimited time bumping. I was told by many gankers that removing unlimited bumping would destroy freighter ganking. Which was obviously false and also a reverse insult they applied to themselves. The overall balance of ganking was too much in the favour of gankers with bumping as it was. It created such a one sided problem in that the enemy for me, gankers could stack up multiple bumped freighters and had total strategic control.

Being used by BS is kinda naff in one sense but using it to escape ganks is something I agree with. Before I stopped playing I found that I had to fit my DST’s for the cloak+mwd trick to work properly which was a change somewhere along the line and I am not sure where it happened. I used to practice and it worked every time and then all of a sudden my heavily tanked ones would take too long to get into warp unless I got it spot on.

I wanted skill injectors for new players, I wish that CCP had limited their use up to say 20m SP.

I was playing with two multi-boxers, we did some real PvP with their multi-boxed setups, in which we took out a war deckers Leshak fleet for example, I have a very good understanding on this. I multi-boxed two accounts in small gang and fleet stuff too. Multi-boxing two logistics is really hard work, so I have a very good knowledge on this even if I did not actually run them myself.

Hi Faylee, I hope all is well with you and yours.

This is the biggest issue with ganking at this point. I really respect your honesty. But this waiting around for hours is what people in 0.0 fleets and other PvP fleets have to do, why should gankers have to be any different. I kept asking this question and just got insults thrown at me, not by you of course, but why are gankers a special case?

1 Like

I would argue that the difference is that like a gate camp in null isn’t going to be picky about what gets engaged. They will engage just about anything they are setup to handle. The type of ganking I’m referring to is for profit and certain criteria must be met in order for a suitable target to be pin pointed.

It’s been a long time since I’ve been on a Bombers Bar fleet but I think it’s kinda the same thing. No one likes running fleets where the entire fleet is sitting on the bridge waiting on the hunters to chance upon someone. I’m in their discord and all I see are pings for pre-scheduled roaming fleets and RAGE pings to Max form now now.

I assume that they prefer rage pinging for their “whale” content rather than just having dudes sit waiting on the content to roll in.

So in reality i think it’s the same thing and sure bumping has its issues but it really isn’t difficult to get out of a bump or even prevent it. The way I see it is if gankers can practice their craft and perfect it, why can’t haulers? Where do we set the baseline at what level of preparedness that a ganker AND and freighter pilot ought to have?

So I wouldn’t consider it an insult to self to say that bumping was going to kill freighter ganking. It just means that no one wants to run a fleet where they are left to entertain dudes while scouts are looking for targets that meet a certain criteria… unless we’re all cool with all freighters getting ganked, both full of loot and empty.

1 Like

Gate camps are really akin to Tornado gankers…

I have been in many hunter killer fleets in various alliances and they were either pre-scheduled or rage pinged when something was caught, be it an enemies or one of our own which needed saving. All of the pre-scheduled hunter killers involved waiting around for something to be located and caught, and sometimes we would be hanging around for hours and often we would end up with nothing.

Often we had scouts out looking for people who could be dropped on and gathering information on them. Some of these took a lot of planning and setting up including developing bait for them to drop on so they would fall into a trap.

I would still point out that the flow of targets that gankers could pick on did not warrant the easy hold and capture you had at that time as compared to all other PvP content. I had that point made to me that it was difficult to maintain a fleet of people for ganking but that is the case for other PvP fleets with a lot less flow through of potential targets.

From my perspective I came to see most gankers as entitled whiners expecting to have an ease of PvP content that no one else had. And I still feel that way.

I don’t agree that it was easy to get out of a bump, as for prevention it was always dock up with a scout +1, not great as gameplay goes to be blunt. But now you can, also it does tend to mean that observing the gank fleet enables AG counter play, it is just so sad that it took so long that most of the people doing AG melted away before this happened.

Still I think NPC nullsec is the end game content in terms of individual pilot skill and asset application.

1 Like

Highsec is the ultimate endgame. It’s a circle.

1 Like

Yup, thanks!

I don’t think these areas are supposed to be tiered like this as progression but I think they should be designed so that they are all their own unique flavor. The ‘endgame’ is only defined by the player on an invididual basis.

I think FW’s biggest problem is actually competing with nullsec’s newbro / recruit anyone regardless of experience alliances. Dollar for dollar, which content you think is going to be more interesting and valuable?

1 Like

another thing I have to google? Man this game has some homework for it on a return lol.

Spreadsheets online? MOre like wikionline…lol

Took a Wreathe through the gank pipeline once using that trick. Had like 600 Million ISK of stuff in it. A noob ship could have popped it.
Good times.

1 Like

Hi, Sorry I don’t follow, what was I right about?

Not sure I agree entirely with this point. Elite PVP is where the players/alliance concerned have lots of assets on the line and they have to defend it at all costs otherwise they lose it all.

elite = a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.

We got players out there who have far more isk than most others and they are prepared to spend their entire day defending their assets and structures.

Endgame content can be wherever your heart is at. My endgame for example could be joining a massive alliance and being content with taking new bros under my wing and showing them the game, I’d literally spend all my time on comms answering questions and helping people. That’s my idea of an endgame.

Yeah, it doesnt mean the most expensive fights by definition though.

But not according to CCP.

1 Like

Hi, hope you are well.

That NPC null is the best place to develop as a player, you told me that years ago.

1 Like

Yes. If your already tired being active in this game just use bots in null. That’s the endgame.

1 Like

Only the proving ground matched this criteria.

Yes, I’m fine thanks, hope you are too.

Indeed, this was exactly what Hub Zero was about with pilots like Roosterton, Demolisher, Specctor being the poster boys for it. But the message about NPC Null being a good place to develop was lost in all the drama.

You know looking back on the past with an older mind I can see that we were actually pioneers back then, I realise the way I acted at times may have obscured the truth that npc null is a great place to develop, the level of trolling I got didn’t help either.

Maybe I’ll find some friends on here and start a corp one day, and together we will help newbros under a relaxed environment in npc null and have some fun with pvp and missions or whatever else takes our fancy. This will most likely be my endgame.

4 Likes

The name alone should get you permabanned :-p

1 Like

There is no more nullsec endgame content. The failure and complete meltdown of CCP’s servers mean there will NEVER be a meaningful titan fight EVER again.

The established, proven endgame content is now ‘who can get 6,000 players into the system first’.

Eve is dead.

1 Like

If goons goes for asset safety “win” I will laugh. It be a cool slick move. Save isk, ships and bust balls in the process.

BS changes even after the market settles down will ding BS ops too. And thats IF they settle. They sold us that line of crap on t2 moon goo rework years ago. T2 never returned to prices before that.

PLayer are paying the markup for changes? well then lets keep charging it

months later. Still paying?

Yep!

Well then say hello new base price.