Nullification and Warp Module Update – Live Now!

All of you unhappy with these absurd changes, I invite you to explore the world of SP farming in conjunction with multi box ganking in Highsec.

Want to protest these changes? Instead of unsubbing why not hit them where it hurts them most? Gank new players and their wallet warriors in Highsec. I gave up on any hope of CCP redeeming their game back to when I started in 2012 and instead of bitching I just partake in my daily therapy of Highsec ganking.

If you’re curious look up my corps killboard and feel free to mail me!

5 Likes

Multi box means multi Omega.
Means rewarding CCP more for crapy changes.

I’m not going to partake in an activity I despise, but I can understand hitting the newbros by gate camping the other side of the gate of rookie systems and systematically kill the newbros going in or out could hurt CCP in the long run. And, we could argue that having the newbros rage quit sooner than later is doing them a service.

But not for me.

3 Likes

1 Like

I think the last 2 weeks have caused me to re-evaluate Eve as a hobby.

Why do we play it? It’s certainly flawed. Lots of the game either doesn’t work or has been left unaddressed for a long time. It’s not particularly gripping most of the time, and honestly, once you have a few billion ISK, what then?

See, why I play is that I think it will get better. I think CCP might make some interesting changes, add some new content, introduce some overarching, fundamental, fun reasons and methods to make combat a mutually desirable part of EVE for all players. I think they might make exploration feel like more than just grinding and make this universe feel truly alive.

I play because despite it’s flaws, I think one day EVE might be a great game.

But it’s become clearer than ever, that this is ■■■■■■■■. It will not be great. CCP are milking players, they’re turning off comms, and they’re showing utter disdain for their playerbase. The game does not get better, things are nerfed or buffed as they see fit, with no indication of what they’re trying to achieve. They add useless crap like Quantum Cores, they kill gameplay to tighten the noose and hope that people will buy plex to make up for it.

They package absolute garbage limited time skins and skills so you can feel like a miner for a ■■■■■■■ week. Can you imagine the company who devises that making our game better?

I log in now but I don’t feel any real attachment to my stuff. There’s enough ISK in the bank to buy it all again, but would I? Probably not. If it all got blown up, would I stop playing entirely? Yeah, I think so. Because I don’t have any hope left that the game will get better. Instead I dread the cloaking changes and what they mean to how I (a solo WH player) play the game.

Right now, the hope has gone from EVE, and it’s because CCP are not good at communicating, they aren’t good at developing, and they aren’t good at game design.

Here’s a cautionary tale for the people at CCP who dismiss the moaners:

I used to play a game called World War II Online. It has a 50% scale replica map of Europe, and everyone on the same server. People loved it, they played all day every day and were addicted. For years they treated their customers like ■■■■ because they had enough subs to feed their capricious, scattergun game design and. A whole decade of their devs essentially saying ‘tough, like it or leave’ as they tinkered without addressing the fundamental flaws.

Hope died. People realised that this wasn’t getting better anytime soon.

Eventually, one day, from tens of thousands, the number of players became thousands, and then at it’s lowest point, hundreds.

The former devs went bankrupt, a former CSM player took over the head position, and slowly they have gained some trust back, but they are effectively gone now, a legacy game that was broken by the arrogance of it’s developers.

This is the crossroads EVE stands at. I will probably log in, but I think I have paid my last $ to CCP. I’d love to tell you I’ve loved every minute of it, but…

6 Likes

Keep it quiet. CCP will notice and will nerf it.
Or maybe they won’t, as it is an Omega only trick.

I see your point but I see it as a trade off. I gotta dance with the devil a bit but if I grief enough players to make CCP lose out on more $ than what they’re getting from me it’s worth it!

Will you plan to add a high slot to any ships, say, the Yacht, to accommodate for the change from low slot to high slot use for Nullifier? The Yachts whole purpose was to fly cloaked while nullified, which now isnt even possible, but yet it still gets a bonus. This seems like you didnt spend enough time discussing the changes and what they would result it.

2 Likes

Please train Reading Comprehension Level 5, I never posted anything about quitting.

Exactly, CCP’s beatings are ultimately destroying the game.

Read the thread and then maybe you’ll know why…

I see your character joined in 2013, you basically missed Eve’s Golden Age when this game was an actual sandbox and players had freedom of choice to engage in various different types of gameplay. As it is now, this game is nothing more than a theme park with Dev’s trying to shoehorn all the players into doing one specific type of gameplay activity.

1 Like

CSM can’t control what CCP rolls out. Deletion of empty belts was apparently not even discussed with CSM.

What did I miss? 90% of the posters think this and its implementation, was/is a terrible idea, so that means that everyone not posting likes it and therefore must be used?

After 18 years, you would think you would learn that you don’t have the swing the nerfbat maximum power maximum range every time.

Let me say again-raging against the wind-that I think these changes were absolutely terrible, and I think you implemented them even worse…it feels like you felt the momentum gathering against this, so you decided to rush to failure and then seem like “listening to the people” if you changed it back or made some incremental adjustment.

3 Likes

I believe this is all meant to turn the game into a bigger PLEX funnel than it already is.

Lost a titan, and the replacement cost just doubled because CCP dicked up supply chain yet again? = Buy PLEX

Newbros frustrated at the now higher costs associated with:

*Skill point injectors = Buy some PLEX
*Want to try some t1 construction, but don’t have the bankroll to gather up all the stuff to get started? = Buy some PLEX
*Need a better mining setup but the cost just doubled while supply chain issues gradually become manifest in the market? = Buy some PLEX.
*Implant availability dries up, and they’ve become more expensive? = Buy some PLEX.

These changes are just the next in a series, meant to drive PLEX sales, with the minimum amount of inconvenience to the nullblocs. The additional pew pew is how they get the excess ISK back out of the game, while pigeon-holing everyone into a tighter playstyle box ensures that PLEX is the number one place all will go to for their funding needs. They gave you the virus, now take the vaccine shot and shut up and like it.

And, if CSM’s are so useless, by their own admission, when it comes to convincing CCP of anything, why exactly are we wasting time our talking to them? Just go full alpha for 3 months. Everyone can handle 3 months of EVE withdrawal, can’t they?

4 Likes

Prayed this wouldn’t happen. It did. Damn.

The same people who support these changes are the same idiots who thought Dogecoin would jump to $5 after Elon Musk did a comedy routine on SNL…

Wow! CCP what are you smoking there? Only -2 warp scramble strength per ship, 150 sec re-activation delay? Really?

• warp-disruptor catch warp-stabbed ship on the second gate
  • faction warp-scrambler catch warp-stabbed ship instantly
  • how about ‘Focused Warp Disruption Script’, useless now?

#unsubscribe this is a total nerf hiding in flowery text. CCP has made it so much easier to get gate camped now.

1 Like

This repost brought to you by slow mode
Remember who ate the crow on blackout? I suspect they will double down on stupid though. Buckle up.

*I actually loved blackout until all the targets quit undocking. It sucked after that.

Apparently, you can’t say the r word anymore. Even when it very much applies in it’s original clinical meaning.

What is the purpose? To slow down transit through bubbles? are you going to limit bubbles to only 1 or 2 at a gate? This will increase transit time through system with lots of bubbles to a terrible amount of time, allowing for a smart bomber to get ahead of an interceptor. Totally lack of thought on this had to be in place. T3c’s have the module added to their hulls and have to have it to work, now we have to add a power suck to make a module already built to the ship? This kills off the DST as a viable option to JF’s as they are gone cooldown time in seconds after the activation caught and killed, they wont be able to direct transit anymore, they have to have waypoints at many places in every system they transit to wait on the cooldown. This not only hurt the game, it shows a massive lack of understanding of the technologies utilized in the game and it’s purpose. If everything is gankable easily, then nothing will flow, the economy will tank, and folks will leave. Setting up on three gate will get you everything coming through unless they stop and sit in every system. Is the system ready for more than 512 waypoints per player? Was the power consumption also considered? All of the folks who are stable today for pvp are now having to find more power on each ship without losing pvp effectiveness . I’m sure this makes Mittens a happy man, his group of players now will be able to increase their killmails considerably, with out ramifications. Speed is the best defense, and going through bubbles at every single gate is going to be a slow process even for ships who’s whole purpose was to be able to catch anything. Well done CCP, Many updates had altenatives for the fair play, this isnt even close. Now instead of a sand box, this is going to become place 30 bubbles on each gate, add water and just watch them die in the mudpit.

1 Like

You are 100% right. CCP is just looking to turn a profit at the expense of our fun. And they nerfed this thread so we have to wait 10 minutes between posts. So no chance of any real conversation or discussion.

3 Likes

That was the exact observation I have and made several posts about it in the other Dev Blog “Significant Update to Industry” thread after some very insightful individual has voiced support and mentioned cash for everything ingame.

The only roadmap on CCP’s planning room now seems to have 1 goal, how transition to full fledged PPI (Pay Per Item) game.

With industry change, they forced people to do industry in only few places of choice (IF they wish to continue producing what they used to be able to produce, meaningfully in sandbox terms), where they may really be well needing to utilize the traits that DST used to have and other ships that people could use as scouts etc.

Now this change makes those industrials even easier for the picking, so likely driving out more producers. When that happens, CCP could simply say, “Welp, there’s not enough items produced by the sandbox to level with the rate of destruction, so let’s put on more flowery words and let the community know that we have no choice but to resort to injecting items into the sandbox, what’s better, we can sell them for cash directly and skip the PLEX!!” - like the insightful individual has said, with 1000% confidence.

1 Like