Nullification and WCS Updates – testing has begun!

@CCP_Dopamine - Firstly CCP, well done for shaking things up, and you are listening to feedback (of which everyone has an opinion) and adjusting things.

This affects some people more than others and there’s a mix of opinions from those affected so no matter what it’s never going to be right :wink:

**Feedback:**Tested the nulli module on Sisi just now, if you jump while it is still active, or in cooldown then on the gate on the other side the graphic effect around module disappears so you can’t see how much cooldown remains, other than by clicking the module and getting the pop up window telling you how long remains. And then clicking again to see how long remains.

Not sure if by design but should it match the cooldown graphic mechanism that covert cloaking devices have ?

Now all you need to do is fix the Helios. 2 highslots just won’t work.

(That and change it to the maulus hull again).

If you can read this, do not change the Yacht. It has no impact on the game. I don’t know any reasons why would you need to change the yacht.

1 Like

I reckon the next bit to consider is how this nullification module interacts with entosis modules.

With these now being added to T1 haulers in high slots I can see them carving out a greater niche for Entosis ships particularly the sigil because of its passive shield regeneration capabilities.

With the T1 hauler receiving no bonus nullifier cooldown it might not present that big of an issue and just server as a potential niche option for sov warfare.

[Sigil, Entosis Sigil]
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II
Shield Power Relay II

Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Shield Recharger II
Shield Recharger II

Entosis Link I
Interdiction Nullifier II

Medium Core Defense Field Purger I

Strontium Clathrates x875

Wow, I can’t believe it

Apparently no one give a rat ass about the WCS and how now will be free buffe for cloacky campers , gate and suicide campers.

I understand pvp and null block defend thier interests but Indi , pve ,explorers (HS in general) can go ■■■■ themselves apparently.

5 Likes

If this really is about interceptors massing for attacks…

Just a suggestion, but why not just allow nulll-sec sovereignty holders to program their gates with throughput restrictions? No more than 5 in this amount of time etc, with a beacon broadcasting when the next opening is available. It would make timing more important, as well as force gangs and fleets who want to perform targeted attacks behind enemy lines into using cyno and black ops like they’re supposed to. Fleets could still use gates, but only after a capture the flag style operation where the fleet occupies the gate one side, and the black ops team manages to secure the other.

It might result in alliances constantly stuffing up their own pipes of course, preventing solo explorers from accessing content in a targeted way. So just let covert ops frigates jump themselves, and remove any offensive capability as balance, as well as keep the usual fuel requirement to prevent over-use.

Ive tested the WCS on Mining ships and haulers and they work reasonably well with the exception that 3 of your 5 drones on barges are eliminated so miners can no longer deal with rats while mining if you fit a WCS . If you don’t fit one … your toast when a fast mover warps in or uncloaks near you. I have not tested the Venture with a WCS.

It looks like CCP wants to discourage Resource harvesting.

2 Likes

You are toast anyway, because everybody will now fit faction scram or scram + point for initial tackle. :wink:

2 Likes

Thats what I would do, but I’m not sure that will be an option after all the changes shake out. I’m guessing that points and scrams will have a turn on the chopping block as well. Nothing is safe. For the short term Noobs in Ventures are in for a rough time. Doesn’t make sense with all the changes CCP made to keep new people from rage quiting… the built in WCS won’t do much .

Of all the warp core nerfs, the Ventures went up from a potential +3 to +4 warp core strength and have the least amount of worries.

5 Likes

Exactly the WCS change is a buff to ships low on lowslots. Also it’s a buff overall IMO, because you must use a faction scram (or equivalent with 3+ points) to hold somebody with WCS.

You really need to get this entire update and bin it. Time to go back to the drawing board and abandon this dumpster fire

5 Likes

Im looking at the specs on Singularity and for the Venture its still +2 warp core strength same as the old specs - with the WCS 1 fitted , you get 10 secs of an additional +2 total 4 warp core strength which is crazy high for the 10 secs but with the drone bandwidth hit you can only use 1 drone while the WCS module is fitted. My opinion - most will not fit the WCS module because they have to deal with belt rats if they mine. then there s the 150 sec cool down timer.

The change eliminates the possibility of using WCS to get higher than +2 Warp core strength on an industrial ship and it introduces the chance to not activate corectly and lose the module for 150 secs. It also kills the drone bandwidth on mining and boost ships like Propoise and Barges Venture.

So yes you only need one low slot for WCS, You cant do more than that and you lose your ability to fight off rats while mining - just for having the WCS fitted . Its a very Large Hit for Industrial & Mining ships and people that like that game play. Overall it makes Non PVP Industrial players much easier to Gank. In that regard its a buff to PVP but a definite negative if you just want to haul or mine.

4 Likes

Good to see that progress is being made towards salvaging this mess.

I take it that you can still use it on faction frigates?

No. Currently on SISI:
Can be fitted to: 831.0 Interceptor
Can be fitted to: 1202.0 Blockade Runner
Can be fitted to: 380.0 DST
Can be fitted to: 963.0 Strategic Cruisers
Can be fitted to: 34590.0 Victorieux Luxury Yacht
Can be fitted to: 830.0 Covert Ops
Can be fitted to: 28.0 Industrial

1 Like

Nullification wasn’t a thing when Interceptors were first introduced into Eve, and not for a long time after either. I am glad to see it get nerfed, and there is a module that can be used as necessary if one is smart about how they use the module and where they are going.

Also this will help see more use of the combat interceptors like the Crusader, so I can see more use of those ships in fleets which will also bring a refreshing change to the game.

Absolutely this. We lived for years with bubbles and no bubble immunity. I do think that Fleet/Tackle ceptors need a little love after this change, but adding trade offs for choosing bubble immunity is good.

I am really confused on why this change would affect a special edition ship? Like I understand and support this for pvp ships but why does it need to change the yacht??

1 Like